Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Always wanted Draenei Demon Hunters ever since i saw these pictures (can someone turn these into pictures, had to create new account)

freshmana. net/ wp-content/uploads/2016/10/dark_elf_lady_demon_hunter_by_birdman03-d96hc0q.jpg

i.pinimg. com/ originals/7b/3f/99/7b3f9985fecee956a2566b601142689a.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Hhaha i know it looks great tbh. And orcs have really strong bodies, i'm 100% certain they would be not having as much problems on a ritual with demons as humans. Humans are likely to just die as soon as they consume a heart of a demon.

And our spacegoats Draenei are well.. From space, pretty sure their stomach and all will let them pass through this process.
    I think is more of a mind thing, than a stomach thing, also Humans are descendant of Vrykuls, so i won't say that they are that weak (they are, in most cases, physically stronger than most Blood Elves)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball250 View Post
    Always wanted Draenei Demon Hunters ever since i saw these pictures (can someone turn these into pictures, had to create new account)

http://freshmana.net/wp-content/uplo...03-d96hc0q.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7b/3f...601142689a.png
    There you have (didn't post the picture directly cause they were a little big)

Note: The male Draneai DH looks amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball250 View Post

There you go!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I think is more of a mind thing, than a stomach thing, also Humans are descendant of Vrykuls, so i won't say that they are that weak (they are, in most cases, physically stronger than most Blood Elves
    Oh Vrykuls... Always wanted to play one... It's both body and mind. It's a double resistance. Which is why they need to be motivated to do so, and gather all the fury they can muster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just saying what makes sense (and what's easy), but in the end, from those Elves, the only one that makes sense is Nightborne and not that much
    nightborne make as much sense as goblins and taurens, just because "elf" they don't get free pass

10+ Year Old Account
    Hhaha i know it looks great tbh. And orcs have really strong bodies, i'm 100% certain they would be not having as much problems on a ritual with demons as humans. Humans are likely to just die as soon as they consume a heart of a demon.

And our spacegoats Draenei are well.. From space, pretty sure their stomach and all will let them pass through this process.
    Yeah I wouldn't mind humans either but I think the draenei would be better and stronger candidates. They'd look badass too.

Orcs and draenei for new demon hunters please!
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't mind humans either but I think the draenei would be better and stronger candidates. They'd look badass too.
    Between choosing one non-elf in alliance, and one non-elf in horde, the alliance i would be choosing without a doubt the draeneis, as i also see so much of Eredar demons in WoD and i'm so much more used to this. And they were actually there during that time of period, same for Orcs. No doubt it's the best choices.

That info is from the Compendium and is non-canon

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, there's an speculation that the Voidwalkers are Void creatures bound by the Legion to work for them (reason why most of those working with Warlocks or with the Legion have shackle like wristbands)

Note: Yes, it is weird in the end, but as you say, not much of a strech
    i know, which is why i said it was only cannon in comics or smthing cuz i knew it wasnt cannon to wow, but regardless, the idea exists haha

You know you want one. Eye Beam to the kneecaps!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    i know, which is why i said it was only cannon in comics or smthing cuz i knew it wasnt cannon to wow, but regardless, the idea exists haha
    Not in comics, only in RPG Old Books

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They stopped being a demon hunter as soon as they became full blown demons. Also, I can't find anything saying that Illidan is bound to the Twisting Nether.
    Various times across the demon Hunter campaign, including:

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=42510/immortal-soul

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Enter_the_Illidari:_Shivarra

Also, there is no indication in the lore that demons cannot also be demon hunters considering the process to become a demon hunter can turn elves into demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post

Also, there is no indication in the lore that demons cannot also be demon hunters considering the process to become a demon hunter can turn elves into demons.
    Expect it's mentioned everywhere. Even on Harbinger of Illidan and literally everywhere. Those quests prove nothing that relates to this.

This is where you know the followers of demon hunters class campaign has no correlation to the demon Hunter itself. And what we call a demon Hunter. They are merely helpers. A Naga on a demon Hunter hall seems too weird too but still there.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-04 at 01:35 AM.

Expect it's mentioned everywhere. Even on Harbinger of Illidan and literally everywhere. Those quests prove nothing that relates to this.

This is where you know the followers of demon hunters class campaign has no correlation to the demon Hunter itself. And what we call a demon Hunter. They are merely helpers. A Naga on a demon Hunter hall seems too weird too but still there.
    Define "this". Demon hunters having immortal demon souls and being bound to the twisting nether makes the difference arbitrary, no?

Eredar and Chaos Orcs should be able to come Demon Hunters. Blizzard is really greedy with their releases. They are going to probably make an expansion feature out of it in the future.

Orc/human, especially human with the new customization options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Define "this". Demon hunters having immortal demon souls and being bound to the twisting nether makes the difference arbitrary, no?
    Ugh.. what? 'This' means read the goddamn creation of demon Hunter. Instead of looking up to useless quests that tells you nothing. Learn what a demon Hunter is and how they got to their status. They are not demons. They never will unless they succumb to the demonic power. Everywhere it says this. Surprised you are actually trying to argue with me about info that's everywhere as if I'm making this up. And it's a bit shocking how wrong your affirmation is.

Ugh.. what? 'This' means read the goddamn creation of demon Hunter. Instead of looking up to useless quests that tells you nothing. Learn what a demon Hunter is and how they got to their status. They are not demons. They never will unless they succumb to the demonic power. Everywhere it says this. Surprised you are actually trying to argue with me about info that's everywhere as if I'm making this up. And it's a bit shocking how wrong your affirmation is.
    If their demonic power ties their souls to the nether, they're demonic to the point where they are no longer mortal in the traditional sense. Arguments regarding the "degree" to which their demonic seems arbitrary to me at that point.

The Illidan novel also details how they ritually meld their souls with the soul of a demon when they go through their initiation.

Seems like a solid foundation for my reasoning. You're of course free to disagree, but if you can't be civil about it I don't see a reason to continue this discussion. Have a good weekend!

------ my quote now
    Demon hunters have a constant craving for fel power and demonic flesh,[7] and live in constant torment from the sacrifices they've made.[18] Some succumb to the overbearing power of fel energy and lose all control of themselves. Their blood begins to burn and they unwillingly take on their demon form before lashing out at any nearby living beings.[19] Assuming Metamorphosis form is a very dangerous feat to undertake: unleashing the demon within is risking that the demonic power will take over. Should this happen, all semblance of the elf that was will be lost and only a demonic servant of the Burning Legion will remain.[14]
    The training begins with the person slaying a demon, eating its heart, and drinking its blood. The spirit of the ingested demon bonds with them and from this bond the demon hunter receives visions of the Burning Legion destroying countless worlds across the universe.[11] In horror at the sight, they tear their own eyes out, and usually puts them into a coma.[12] The fel power infusing their bodies after ingesting the demon's heart and blood causes the demon hunter to mutate, gaining demonic features such as scales, horns, or claws.[13] As with all chaos-touched creatures, the forms that these traits will take can be quite unpredictable.[14]
    The first demon hunter, Illidan Stormrage, had his eyes burned out and tattoos marked on his body by Sargeras himself. The demon hunters' iconic warglaive weapons come from the famous Twin Blades of Azzinoth, which Illidan took from the doomguard named Azzinoth.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demon_hunter

--this is a previous post I have put here.
    As I feel I'm being way too rude I would like to explain myself without having to repeat but copy this.

- - - Updated - - -

So the point is to dismantle the idea that demons can be demon hunters. They can hunt other demons but they can't be demon hunters as our demon hunters are. It's not the same thing as a demon Hunter that succumbs to turn into a demon will automatically make all the process lost and they will become servants of the burning legion as it says there.

So technically demons can't be demon hunters and demon hunters can't be demons.

I'm also on the phone. Part of my frustration in typing is that the platform on mmo champion on the phone is not the best to explain or copy paste anything. As it's 2am and I'm having that almost sleeping mood (and I actually woke up middle of night). So I didn't mean to be rude or anything. Just uncomfortable to explain things that can be learnt everywhere.

Demon hunters were created to fight the demons with the same coin. To totally annihilate them they are created to rekt those demons. Knowing how they are and think since they have demon blood on their veins. Does it make them demons? No but they gain features and a really bad time trying to not transform into a demon. Shivarra are a totally different thing apart from this.

I could be talkin about demon Hunter all night but I need to go sleep. I was just correcting your affirmation towards someone that said demon hunters ain't demons and that you said the lore has nothing about that. It does. That's why. Night. Forgive me my rude side. I'm like a demon Hunter trying to succumb my sleep.

I mean, from a lore standpoint, it would be interesting to see more races turning to using fel as a tool, especially AFTER the defeat of the Burning Legion, since it would 100% be all about gaining power rather than just a "fighting fire with fire" reason/excuse. The idea kind of reminds me ever so slightly of Blue Mage in FFXI, where they risk their minds and bodies by using their magic to copy monster skills, risking turning into a Soul Flayer or Flan.

And a few players and characters are realizing that the energies that were considered universally "good" (like the Light) aren't so and "bad" ones aren't universally "bad", although both void and fel are extremely dangerous if not controlled correctly.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

The Shivarra quest has nothing to do with your point because they were ALLIES of the Illidari, not actual demon hunters. Also, if Illidan's soul was truly tied to the Twisting Nether, he would have resurrected there instead of his soul essentially being in limbo. His soul was likely sent there because of his pact with Sargeras but he is not truly a demon because he was not revived.

Any elf that becomes a demon in the demon hunter training is considered a failure that is put down by OTHER demon hunters. You're literally picking and choosing which parts of the lore you pay attention to. Demon hunters 100% do not tie themselves to the Twisting Nether. They bind a demon to their souls but this doesn't tie them to the Twisting Nether at all. I literally have no idea where you're even getting the information regarding demon hunters all being tied to the Twisting Nether.
    Last edited by TheRevenantHero; 2020-01-04 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Legion should have stretched lore a bit and allow orcs and draenei as demon hunters, as both races were part of Illidan's forces. Fel orc and eredar skins for DHs would be really cool.
    Ah yes please.