Poll: Which game to play next?

10+ Year Old Account

Pick One Game to Play Next

Have funds for only one game. But want to play all 3. Having trouble picking one. Please help

- - - Updated - - -

Specially asking help from people who has played all 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Well since you included the other option, I'd personally recommend Trails of Cold Steel. There is no video game series like it. Every NPC is a fully fleshed out character who you remember, the world really feels "alive" in that other characters are out there doing things besides your group. Really tight plotting. Great music by the Falcom JDK Band. That said, it isn't as flashy as the other games listed above. Really is for people who are into story.

Skyrim is okay. The story and pretty much all of the questlines are crap. I guess it really just exists to facilitate your own adventure. You need to install a ton of mods to make it look good and to add more fun, which leads to a lot of fiddling with mod load orders, and it's generally just not fun IMO.

Witcher3 has the best story and gameplay out of all 3 options. It gets just as hard as dark souls if you’re on the max difficulty, if you’re into that. 10/10.

If you want to mod, skyrim is for you. Its a game i come back to almost yearly since release but in this day of age, its more of a 7/10

Dark souls3 would be my second choice. Gameplay is great. But its more of a 9/10. Witcher3 is an overall better experience.

Aren't they all 3 like $10 these days when on sale? Tough budget I guess. Skyrim is trash. Play Dark Souls 3 if you want interesting and rewarding gameplay, play Witcher 3 if you want interesting and rewarding story. Witcher 3 gameplay is janky and terrible and Dark Souls 3 "story" is basically more of the same from Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls and not anything great so it really comes down to gameplay vs story/

I'd agree with Tech on this honestly.

I haven't fully beat Witcher 3 admittedly, but from as far as I did get (Which was at least past the 3 Witches and I remember being in a castle and fighting some drunk guy at a door with Yennifer there), the story was great.

But Dark Souls 3 had far better gameplay.

Skyrim I can never get past getting Fus Ro. I think ONCE I got Dah, and then still stopped playing.

So Witcher for story, Dark Souls for gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Well since you included the other option, I'd personally recommend Trails of Cold Steel.
    The more you post about that game, the more I doubt it to be the obscure game series you claimed them to be.

On-topic: Both a positive and negative to Skyrim which was lightly touched on by Val is Skyrim is quite basic and bare meaning you can add many mods to it to have whatever kind of adventure you'd like to have or whatever playstyle you'd like to have. Of course Skyrim is suppose to be a AAA game so the fact that you have to mod on top of it is something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Have funds for only one game. But want to play all 3. Having trouble picking one. Please help

- - - Updated - - -

Steam is on Promotion for Witcher with all Expansions/DLCS.

No better time to play it and also enter in the world of The Witcher, which is highly addictive.

Witcher 3 or Skyrim if you want longetivity of your game. Dark Souls 3 can be done within a weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Witcher 3 if you haven't ever played a Souls game Dark Souls 3 if you haven't. Dark Souls 3 is great but nothing new if you've played a Souls game before. That being said if this is your first Souls game, then you'll have an experience unlike any game before and it'll likely change the way you view games going forward. Witcher 3 is probably the best Western RPG made in the last decade if not all time. Skyrim is fun but it doesn't really compare to the other 2 in terms of overall quality. If you want Bethesda at their peak then play Fallout 3. That's their best game imo.

Have you played Dark Souls 1 or 2 or Demon Souls?
    Dark Souls 3 is the same. Nothing Special.

Elder Scrolls Online is free once in awhile.
    Try it. Skyrim is about the same.

Witcher 3 has a fighting engine like Batman and Assassin Creed.
    Press Y whenever another enemy is about to hit you.
    The main story is so-so.
    The side story provides lore has nothing to do with the main story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im playing through witcher 3 so that. Theres tons of mods for it too

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Steam is on Promotion for Witcher with all Expansions/DLCS.

No better time to play it and also enter in the world of The Witcher, which is highly addictive.
    I mean, it just broke its record for most active players on Steam, so you aren't alone in that opinion.

I also voted for Witcher 3, btw. Not because I found it perfect, but because it exceeded my expectations...

I tell everyone, if you think you might like it, you'll probably love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why these outdated games? Cyberpunk 2077. It's upgraded Witcher 3 basically (a way better Witcher 3). I found Witcher absolutely dogshit boring.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Why these outdated games? Cyberpunk 2077. It's upgraded Witcher 3 basically (a way better Witcher 3). I found Witcher absolutely dogshit boring.
    That ain't out for a few months...

10+ Year Old Account
    I went with Witcher 3 from Steam. But now I have new problem. I cant start the game. It instantly crashes with a missing VC++ dll file error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Should RIFTS ever get made into a mmo, that would make me leave all mmo's im currently playing. I would play the f outta a RIFTS mmo, as long as it wasn't a dumpster fire.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Witcher3 has the best story and gameplay out of all 3 options. It gets just as hard as dark souls if you’re on the max difficulty, if you’re into that. 10/10.
    Died 4/5 times at 3 crones on normal difficulty, the bitch that turns into ravens is some serious sh*t
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©