Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well, this sounds awful.

As a healer main I'm kinda concerned about having to deal with co-raiders running high stacks of this for the sake of meeting certain dps checks. I specially dislike the rng part of the negative effect.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Azerite gear/traits, Necklace level/essence, Corruption gear/resistance.

Over-complicated trash for the sake of unnecessary complexity, with nothing meaningful or interesting.

BFA has the worse gearing system in wow history by a wild margin.
    My thoughts exactly when I first read all that. Second thing that popped in my mind is why would they do all that if it's supposed to be BFA wrapping up essentially. I don't remember that much gobilitygoop being added late in a xpac cycle in like ever...I dunno what to think about the company anymore.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    My body is ready to drop gazillion of top tier corrupted bonus on versatility that is don't give a fish about....
    The proc-based versatility corruption is a little weird, as it requires damage taken to proc a moderate amount of versatility for 20 seconds... but it may be better than you think. From my testing, most people probably think the %crit damage corruptions are their BiS, but they're all middle of the pack for pretty much everyone. I was surprised that the mastery proc corruption, despite the stat being my 3rd/4th preferred secondary stat, is actually tied as my BiS corruption for single target damage just due to how it procs and the duration of the proc.

The only legitimately "bad" corruptions (in terms of pure DPS output) are %stat increasing corruptions of which you have little/no secondary stat. Getting a 12% stat increase on nothing is nothing. I guess the Leech/Avoidance ones aren't technically DPS increases either, but sometimes a little bit more survival can ultimately lead to a DPS increase in a group setting. Regardless, there is no one best answer for corruption for people, as what you want tends to change between ST, cleave, and AoE scenarios.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I like how the "unique procs on Ny'alotha weapons" are, in fact, totally not-unique procs that will be found on any single piece of loot from 8.3 onwards

Corruption sounds like a fun thought experiment for developers and a poor play experience for the user.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Tipkiss View Post
    Corruption sounds like a fun thought experiment for developers and a poor play experience for the user.
    You just summed up retail post-MoP

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking I'll just cleanse or store my corruption pieces until I've got cloak resistance up to the point of being able to ignore the adverse downsides of the affix. Titanforging isn't gone, it's just got a new coat.

Blizzard logic: "Let's put less effort into real gameplay like class balance, spec design, class rotations, etc, and put all the unnecessarily complicated trash into gear, and call it a day!"

Didn't they removed armor pen and hit, etc., because they deemed it was unnecessary and/or confusing/complicated?

Replacing RNG with even more RNG ... at least this is interesting but still ..
    Would have been better if you could extract the corruptions and then be able to re-apply them to whatever item you wanted or something like that but noooo ... gotta keep the treadmill running.

As for complicated .. good luck to anyone new in wow with azerite piece, essences and corruptions lol.

Oh cool. Another system that they'll eventually admit regret about 25 months from now.

Waaaaay too complicated to be fun. Essences were already bad enough and now this overcomplicated trash instead of zones, content, gameplay. Left BFA when Classic launched and I'll be back to retail at Shadowlands even though it so far looks not great. No new class?? How they can keep dropping the ball this badly is beyond me...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I'm thinking I'll just cleanse or store my corruption pieces until I've got cloak resistance up to the point of being able to ignore the adverse downsides of the affix. Titanforging isn't gone, it's just got a new coat.
    Finally someone admited it infact it's even more broken then before lol its pretty funny to be honest

Let me quess that you need to gather 1000 item X from new raid and lfr raiders get 1 every last boss from wing and normal raiders gets 50-100,heroic raiders 100 -200 and mythic 200-400 to upgrade that cloak
    Last edited by vipers; 2020-01-06 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinousek View Post
    Waaaaay too complicated to be fun. Essences were already bad enough and now this overcomplicated trash instead of zones, content, gameplay. Left BFA when Classic launched and I'll be back to retail at Shadowlands even though it so far looks not great. No new class?? How they can keep dropping the ball this badly is beyond me...
    If only the stupid devs would consult the great Dinousek -- whose opinion is universally accepted to be superior to us mere plebians -- we would finally get great content again!

This is so retarded that I went out and purchased a wheelchair, and don't even play retail.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I was surprised that the mastery proc corruption, despite the stat being my 3rd/4th preferred secondary stat, is actually tied as my BiS corruption for single target damage just due to how it procs and the duration of the proc.
    One can only wait for the sims to know the real output of the affixes, everyone drolls over the crit dmg one forgetting its 4% max i think now, while the mastery proc (as you mentioned) is massive, even for dh lol (some dhs were playing around theorycrafting and stacking the mastery proc was coming out on top in aoe scenarios i think, the worst stat for dh, thats how strong the proc is).

7+ Year Old Account
    This system is every hard core masochists wet dream...

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm reading this correctly, it translates to "Upgrade your cloak so you can add these cool abilities without any penalties."

Which is cool, I guess, but I would have been happier with the bonuses being something you could add, rather than remove, for a cost. Experienced raiders will have no problem getting these bonus materials quickly, and no problem utilizing them to minmax effectively. The current setup looks like it's made to "Gotcha bitch!" casual players who equip the items thinking they're better, only to get snared or chased in every LFR ever.

If I'm not reading this correctly, then I'll agree with the consensus here and avoid the entire system at all costs.