Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not baffling at all.

It would require effort from the developers and resources for the instancing.

The current team is about maximizing profit with minimal amount of expenses.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    That's not really "designed with player housing in mind" so much as "if we decide to do this, we'll stick it here."
    They took the portal out because they went ahead with garrisons.

Path of Exile does it right. Let me build my hideout.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    The fact that you don't call the garrison a house is proof enough that the two concepts are entirely different.
    If Blizz called the garrisons a house I would, if they put in a literal house like those ones in elwynn forest that's just a fancy shack and called it a strip mall then I'd refer to them as a strip mall. I still don't know what housing is or why players want it lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Garrisons turned out terribly. Even if housing wound up bearing little resemblance, it would always have that stigma against it that'd likely make players despise it just on principle. Think how many people lost their minds over Legion having mission tables even though they were relegated to a sidenote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Garrisons turned out terribly. Even if housing wound up bearing little resemblance, it would always have that stigma against it that'd likely make players despise it just on principle. Think how many people lost their minds over Legion having mission tables even though they were relegated to a sidenote.
    Garrisons were abandoned during Alpha, its no wonder they turned out horribly, As for the Mission Tables, WE had to use it in Legion just like we had to use it in BFA..

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    This. Blizzard fucked the concept for life to me. Even if they delivered a great and satisfying iteration of player housing, there's always going to be that hostility from me that they ruined something so simple by glamorizing it with their Blizzard stamp all over it. Garrisons single-hand drove me away from WoW for a whole 3 years. I don't trust them to deliver on the concept, and I don't give them the benefit of the doubt. Since Blizzzard has no interest in it anyway, obviously, I guess it doesn't even matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Like... I get that not everyone is going to be into Housing. But then, not everyone is into Raiding, or PvP. Housing has proven a pretty strong pillar of any MMORPG that still exists, so I have to wonder; why are they so hellbent on avoiding it?
    Because housing is bad game design. It is that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's honestly baffling to me that WoW players still think that they're entitled to literally every dumb feature every other MMO has.
    It's honestly baffling that random posters still feel entitled to belittle other players for expressing something they particularly don't desire, or simply don't agree with.

OT: player housing is supposed to be highly customizable but to provide no actual power - in this sense, it's a lot like xmog: actual lateral progression, instead of the AP crap (that thankfully seems to be getting the axe in Shadowlands). Garrisons were exactly the opposite: very little customisation, and were a central element of vertical progression when they were current content.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Because housing is bad game design. It is that simple.
    Badly done housing is bad game design, as shown by garrisons. If you create something but then abandon it halfway through, no shit it's going to suck. Meanwhile, actually well done housing is a system that can survive for multiple expansions, without being reliant on current content. It gives professions something to do, it can be great for collectors, RPers and so on.

But nope. One half assed attempt and we're good. Now every time the topic comes back, it can be "dealt with" by mentioning garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It's honestly baffling that random posters still feel entitled to belittle other players for expressing something they particularly don't desire, or simply don't agree with.
    It's baffling that I'm supposed to just be perfectly fine with people pretending their shitty opinion means anything more than my shitty opinion.

Really.

Seriously.

Baffling.

yep i don't get it either.... :/ i keep hoping each expansion but so far total let down
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's baffling that I'm supposed to just be perfectly fine with people pretending their shitty opinion means anything more than my shitty opinion.

Really.

Seriously.

Baffling.

It doesn't mean any more or any less. Get over yourself, really.

Really

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Pet battles started strong but have devolved into "beat every trainer with no pets on your team with an unreliable internet connection while a guy pokes you with a pointy stick".\
    That made me chuckle. As a big pet fan, its not all that bad but we certainly need something different, something new in battle pets. Its still far better than pokemon because some combos I used are absolutely insane. But honestly? I have no ideas. Maybe more than 3 pets fights like brawls? 5v5 pet battles. Ability to evolve some pets?

You build a house, invite friends to come see it..... and thats it. You'll be the only one caring about it as no one truly gives a shit. Just like in ffxiv. Truly pointless. Guild housing would be the only worthwhile house to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It doesn't mean any more or any less. Get over yourself, really.

Really
    Thanks for quoting me to confirm exactly what I said...?

Like... I get that not everyone is going to be into Housing. But then, not everyone is into Raiding, or PvP. Housing has proven a pretty strong pillar of any MMORPG that still exists, so I have to wonder; why are they so hellbent on avoiding it?
    To be fair, i'm still baffled people want player housing. I'm sure there are much better platforms to play to give you the experience you want.

It's not baffling to me. Their logic might be baffling, but the fact they aren't doing it is not a surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you considered that it is Blizzard's IP and that they have information that you do not possess? Perhaps 'housing' isn't nearly as important as you want to believe it is.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    You build a house, invite friends to come see it..... and thats it. You'll be the only one caring about it as no one truly gives a shit. Just like in ffxiv. Truly pointless.
    By that logic, xmog is also pointless because you can fool around in weird costumes to have some giggles with your guildies. But most of the time, you are the only one caring about your xmog since no one truly gives a shit. Top tier logic.