Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    i never understood the fascination with housing...zero gampelay (to me)

I only do Battlegrounds in WoW though. And World PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Perhaps this works in your field of software development but as a developer you should be able to understand that what works for one developer may not work for all developers.
    It is not a system for a single developer but a big-ass companies to collect feedback and improve. Take a look at microsoft, google:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...4-23cf144cfb11
    https://www.google.com/tools/feedbac...learnmore.html (check last tab)

However when it comes to blizzard they say to their customers = fuck you.

But to not be all dark about it. My suggestion was to replace in-game bug/suggestion reporting system with web-ticket system that you can post and review if anyone has actually read what I wrote. Upvote other people suggestions or downvote them. Ticket-like system works even for biggest companies.
    So a ticket style web service that is actually moderated and shitposting would bring you swift ban.

You keep saying that Blizzard needs to look at feedback then iterate from it. The issue with an approach like that in WoW is that Blizzard would be getting all sorts of different (often conflicting) feedback from every segment of the population.
    But they are not getting that feedback, that is the whole problem. Nobody uses in game suggestions and the only thing that blizz reads sometimes is forums, and their forums is like the worst possible place to get feedback from. This forum is not any different. When I read topic: "How to make game better", most of the "solutions" people were posting were garbage.

They cannot ask people what they want. They need to ask people WHAT they like/dislike about some SPECIFIC things. That's it. Collecting feedback from apes is hard but not impossible.

There's no way to iterate on such feedback when moving the bar in any direction has the potential to isolate people on other ends of the spectrum. (For example, making the game more casual-focused would please people who do WQs but alienate those who enjoy hardcore raiding. Conversely, focusing strictly on raiding, a la WoD, is equally detrimental.) Blizzard is left in a difficult position where I'm sure they want to innovate and change but the fact that they've broadened the game to include so many different kinds of players somewhat hamstrings their ability to do so. The best solution is exactly what we've seen happen over the last few expansions: New systems are introduced, Blizzard evaluates feedback then in turn either continues to expand on the system or they scrap it and try something new. I don't think this is the best possible approach but I do think it's the only approach they can take without inadvertently ruining the game for certain segments of its population.
    Well for starters they could start developing systems that lasts and are not scrapped each expansion aka rental power, rental features.
    But to do so, they need to know which feature is promising and keeps people hooked.

Nobody is even talking about changing game direction but to IMPROVE what we already have, so how to make islands better, or does housing is interesting enough to make - in a way it wouldn't shift balance of power between casuals and hardcores.

Well for starters they could start developing systems that lasts and are not scrapped each expansion aka rental power, rental features.
    But to do so, they need to know which feature is promising and keeps people hooked.
    This.... so much this.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling that Blizzard doesn't want to do Player Housing in the fashion that we're all wanting/thinking because of how their art assets are set up. This is purely speculation though.

When you look at other MMOs with (that had) player housing (EQ2 and Wildstar), you could set up the assets individually, especially in EQ2. You had a basic template of a home/guild house that you had to follow within reason and then you had -everything else- that was separate that allowed you to create however you saw fit. You could create walls to make 'more' space, you could make things as large or small as you like through scaling, etc. I believe their 'overworld' was set up in a similar fashion (you can especially see this in their armor, which doesn't look spraypainted on in EQ2).

I'm willing to bet most of WoW's stuff is 'spraypainted' on, or their assets are 'huge'. So instead of a single wall, they have a template for four walls, floor, and ceiling. Or something with several moving parts are one single item, versus several different assets joined together to create the art. So for them to create player/guild housing with customization options above and beyond what the Garrison did (aka spraypainted garbage... not every horde/alliance building needed to be orc/human), they'd have to completely redo how they create and implement assets.

Something they started doing with armor (belts, boots, etc), but they're 'a long way from' finishing.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Knock off the aLtErNaTiNg CaPs bullshit. This isn't Twitter or reddit.
    I (don't) hate to break this to you, but that is not a Twitter/Reddit exclusive or original thing.

This whole exchange is about what I'd expect from someone who unironically uses a LoL hero for their avatar so at this point I'm just going to walk away and pop you on my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I (don't) hate to break this to you, but that is not a Twitter/Reddit exclusive or original thing.

This whole exchange is about what I'd expect from someone who unironically uses a LoL hero for their avatar so at this point I'm just going to walk away and pop you on my ignore list.
    I liked the part where you provided a legitimate rebuttal towards anything I've said. Enjoy the smug satisfaction of memeing my avatar (?) and pretending like anybody gives a shit whether you have them on your ignore list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Playing housing is a big draw card for me in FFXIV and SW:TOR - I enjoy both greatly and wish WoW would implement something similar.

It can be related to gameplay or not, it doesn't matter, it's just a fun extra thing that an MMO of this caliber should not be missing.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Playing housing is a big draw card for me in FFXIV and SW:TOR - I enjoy both greatly and wish WoW would implement something similar.

It can be related to gameplay or not, it doesn't matter, it's just a fun extra thing that an MMO of this caliber should not be missing.

Yeah, that is the baffling part for me too. I've been an MMO player for a real long time (started with Asheron's Call in 2000), and even with old engines the games pulled off player housing.

As Molvonos explained a few replies back, I believe there is a not-so-obvious to players reason for them to keep their distance from housing. Her/his take on assets being too big or etc makes sense to me.

As for the people who do not see any value in this feature, this kind of individual PLUS guild housing creates much more engagement for players. Yeah, we could tell the devs to keep on focusing on BGs, raids. But I would rather have something else to work on instead of running on the treadmill constantly. World of RNGupgrades becomes tedious to everybody at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Amenophis View Post
    Yeah, that is the baffling part for me too. I've been an MMO player for a real long time (started with Asheron's Call in 2000), and even with old engines the games pulled off player housing.

As Molvonos explained a few replies back, I believe there is a not-so-obvious to players reason for them to keep their distance from housing. Her/his take on assets being too big or etc makes sense to me.

As for the people who do not see any value in this feature, this kind of individual PLUS guild housing creates much more engagement for players. Yeah, we could tell the devs to keep on focusing on BGs, raids. But I would rather have something else to work on instead of running on the treadmill constantly. World of RNGupgrades becomes tedious to everybody at some point.
    I agree completely

Im a casual. I like to go back and play with the old stuff and go into the old dungeons for toys and pets. Hell sell houses in the store..
    They would make it a ton.

There really is no excuse anymore.

Oh snap! A fellow Asheron's Call player?!? What server did you play? (I was "Terin Gigaslash" on Thistledown)

In any case, Blizzard is clearly capable of making a sweet Housing system. I just struggle to think why they wouldn't. For a long time, I thought maybe it was their "break glass in case of emergency" card... but we're kind of beyond that point now.

I dunno. It's a feature that would so easily supplement the game that already exists, adding even more fun stuff to farm for. Seems like it would be right up Blizzard's alley of highly-replayable, evergreen content.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Oh snap! A fellow Asheron's Call player?!? What server did you play? (I was "Terin Gigaslash" on Thistledown)

In any case, Blizzard is clearly capable of making a sweet Housing system. I just struggle to think why they wouldn't. For a long time, I thought maybe it was their "break glass in case of emergency" card... but we're kind of beyond that point now.

I dunno. It's a feature that would so easily supplement the game that already exists, adding even more fun stuff to farm for. Seems like it would be right up Blizzard's alley of highly-replayable, evergreen content.
    Hello there! I used to play on Wintersebb as Amenofis. Too bad the game died and terminated, I used to go back to playing from time to time.

I just hope that they will implement housing with a future expansion.

housing would bring real usefulness to archeology, battle pets, rare hunting and old and new world bosses Kills, many things can be implemented in cosmetic form for the player to customize their home, and don't say to me that this would not influence the game at all, because i'm sure that this would keep a lot of players busy hunting a rare to get a trophy to place at their house, or finding a recipe to craft that mogu inspired piece of forniture and a lot more. Eso and FF do it wonderfully well. And like everything in life, if you don't like it just don't do this part of the game.

As for the people who do not see any value in this feature, this kind of individual PLUS guild housing creates much more engagement for players.
    Does it? How do you quantify this? It creates for some for sure, but for the majority?

There are many contents in the game that is fun for some but not for others.

Yeah, we could tell the devs to keep on focusing on BGs, raids. But I would rather have something else to work on instead of running on the treadmill constantly. World of RNGupgrades becomes tedious to everybody at some point.
    It is still a treadmill. Different but still a treadmill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock off the aLtErNaTiNg CaPs bullshit. This isn't Twitter or reddit.
    It's not a Twitter/Reddit thing.

It's called LaMeR tAlK and predates both by ATLEAST two decades... It was really a thing on Fidonet, BBSs and Usenet back in the 80s..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/