Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I tank as almost full ret sooooo.
    NOT VIABLE!!! /s

    I have watched a few of Skarm's videos on warrior tanking as he's been the biggest name for Classic, and the dude just hates Prot Paladins to hate Prot Paladins. He made a video to show Warriors tanks were just as viable at AOE with every single buff possible and Thunderfury. Kind of stopped caring what he had to say after that.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    NOT VIABLE!!! /s

    I have watched a few of Skarm's videos on warrior tanking as he's been the biggest name for Classic, and the dude just hates Prot Paladins to hate Prot Paladins. He made a video to show Warriors tanks were just as viable at AOE with every single buff possible and Thunderfury. Kind of stopped caring what he had to say after that.
    Ya just like I tank on my 60 shaman no problems, it blows peoples minds that you can even do it lol.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - let's get real everyone, classic needs #somechanges get over it.

  3. #23
    Immortal Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    7,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Perhaps because there are no really decent defensive talents in deep prot?
    A Warrior tank doesn't even need to go further than Tier 3 to grab all the defense related talents.

    Threat is all that matters, your healers have nothing to do anyway on most fights in MC.
    Especially on Alliance side with Pallies being OP ST healers.
    Only using a shield only for those "oh shit" moments...I just think it's funny there are still some people who try and claim Classic is hard.
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Only using a shield only for those "oh shit" moments...I just think it's funny there are still some people who try and claim Classic is hard.
    A bunch of people claimed VANILLA was hard.

    I haven't seen a single person say CLASSIC is hard.

    Not sure why people act like Classic is Vanilla. It's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

  5. #25
    Banned matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    8,706
    Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    A bunch of people claimed VANILLA was hard.

    I haven't seen a single person say CLASSIC is hard.

    Not sure why people act like Classic is Vanilla. It's not.
    lol it cracks me up when I read people say this

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    For the low cost of a 5 minute cooldown and some gold per boss for pots you can also tank like everyone else!
    It's cheaper to raid once a week as a prot paladin than it is to PvP everyday as *any class.*

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    NOT VIABLE!!! /s

    I have watched a few of Skarm's videos on warrior tanking as he's been the biggest name for Classic, and the dude just hates Prot Paladins to hate Prot Paladins. He made a video to show Warriors tanks were just as viable at AOE with every single buff possible and Thunderfury. Kind of stopped caring what he had to say after that.
    Think I saw that video a while back, with all the thorns that existed within the game, sure warriors could keep all the aoe threat for a massive pack. By that time, you're effectively already done with the game and just farming dungeons for gold and fun. Prot paladins have the niche of keeping AoE aggro with just the talents and abilities available. They still suffer from the mana issues if the fight lasts long enough but at this point of the game, a warlock could tank the content.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Think I saw that video a while back, with all the thorns that existed within the game, sure warriors could keep all the aoe threat for a massive pack. By that time, you're effectively already done with the game and just farming dungeons for gold and fun. Prot paladins have the niche of keeping AoE aggro with just the talents and abilities available. They still suffer from the mana issues if the fight lasts long enough but at this point of the game, a warlock could tank the content.
    His argument is that you don't have to slow down or stop with a Warrior versus a Prot Paladin. It's about the only fair argument he has in that sense. If you're trying to do UD Strath in under 5 minutes, then sure a Warrior is maybe the better choice if they have every single buff available, over a Prot Paladin who will probably need to drink every few pulls if they aren't bringing mana potions or conserving mana properly.

    I say this as a main tank warrior for my guild too in Classic. If Horde had Paladins back in vanilla, I would have played one. BC until pretty much BFA (when I stopped playing retail) I was a paladin.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    and yet you'll still see people say paladins can't tank raids.
    Indeed. Same for bears or when it come to DPS> anything beside combat rogue / frost mage / fury war is considered subpar and to be avoided (as non viable) - beside a couple of locks for summons indeed.

    ps: i play feral cat / offtank bear. I get spammed to tank instances where i need absolutely nothing. Persona non grata for raids though and the couple of raiding guilds i joined ended up benching me for more fury warriors. Now i CBA anymore, the min maxing is just mainstream for the population still playing.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2020-01-06 at 08:54 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Indeed. Same for bears or when it come to DPS> anything beside combat rogue / frost mage / fury war is considered subpar and to be avoided (as non viable) - beside a couple of locks for summons indeed.

    ps: i play feral cat / offtank bear. I get spammed to tank instances where i need absolutely nothing. Persona non grata for raids though and the couple of raiding guilds i joined ended up benching me for more fury warriors. Now i CBA anymore, the min maxing is just mainstream for the population still playing.
    We have a feral druid in our guild, he's been second on the DPS on Ragnaros even. Just cranking out the damage.

    We also had a bear tank for a while before he left over some guild drama. He was my OT. Would love to have a bear tank as my OT again.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    I think you're confusing tanking with dpsing. It's amazing how laughably easy the content is where the bosses hit so damn soft that you can even survive that
    I mean therea re 40 people in the raid unless your tank is literally getting globaled u can deal with it from a healer perspective if it's just on one guy.

    You should have never expected mitigation to matter past that if there is only damage going out on one or two targets....Why would it?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    I mean therea re 40 people in the raid unless your tank is literally getting globaled u can deal with it from a healer perspective if it's just on one guy.

    You should have never expected mitigation to matter past that if there is only damage going out on one or two targets....Why would it?
    I suppose you're right. It's a really crappy game that can't even get the holy trinity right.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    I suppose you're right. It's a really crappy game that can't even get the holy trinity right.
    It's almost like they realized things had problems and fixed them over, oh, I don't know, let's say 15 years of continued refinement.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    We have a feral druid in our guild, he's been second on the DPS on Ragnaros even. Just cranking out the damage.

    We also had a bear tank for a while before he left over some guild drama. He was my OT. Would love to have a bear tank as my OT again.
    I am happy to see some good open minded guild that give a chance to kitties. More power to you!

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I am happy to see some good open minded guild that give a chance to kitties. More power to you!
    It's only the elitists who are "spec over player" in Classic. We kill Ragnaros before submerge and have 2 ele shamans, cat druid, too many hunters, etc. As long as people are active the content falls down. Just wish our healers were better so I could actually fury tank. That and my guild letting me get the gear I need.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    NOT VIABLE!!! /s

    I have watched a few of Skarm's videos on warrior tanking as he's been the biggest name for Classic, and the dude just hates Prot Paladins to hate Prot Paladins. He made a video to show Warriors tanks were just as viable at AOE with every single buff possible and Thunderfury. Kind of stopped caring what he had to say after that.
    Right...with Thunderfury.

    How does Prot paladin fair in AOE situations with every single buff and thunderfury?

    I'm sure a rogue also has great aoe tanking skills with every possible buff and thunderfury when they pop evasion.

  17. #37
    I am Murloc! Sting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Your ignore list
    Posts
    5,000
    Feral is viable for raiding but paladin is too much of a meme to tank any single boss. They just can't keep threat when you have actually good warriors pumping 1k+ dps. That's where you need fury prot as horde because you lack salvation.

    Dungeons, any other aoe situations, palas can be nice to have but there's not many situations in the classic raids that I'd say they're worth having.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

  18. #38
    Soaking hatefuls on Patchwerk without a shield might be rough, max hateful strike at 70% mitigation is 8900 or so. I wouldn't want to tank Loatheb, Maexxna, Sapphiron or Kel'Thuzad without a shield either.

  19. #39
    Legendary! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Its all down to 1.12. If it was true representation of how vanilla was, Most bosses in classic would be as hard, if not harder than ANYTHING in retail.
    Anything in LFR*... oh wait still not true since lfr atleast has mechanics.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-01-08 at 01:44 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    NOT VIABLE!!! /s

    I have watched a few of Skarm's videos on warrior tanking as he's been the biggest name for Classic, and the dude just hates Prot Paladins to hate Prot Paladins. He made a video to show Warriors tanks were just as viable at AOE with every single buff possible and Thunderfury. Kind of stopped caring what he had to say after that.
    Might wanna check the dps, grp makeup, and buffs on the pally "tanks" that make all those videos everyone harps on about showing the viability of prot pallies before getting too upset.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •