Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Soaking hatefuls on Patchwerk without a shield might be rough, max hateful strike at 70% mitigation is 8900 or so. I wouldn't want to tank Loatheb, Maexxna, Sapphiron or Kel'Thuzad without a shield either.
    The reason fury/prot is 31/20 is for shield swaps on bosses such as these.

Also Saph is about Frost Resist gear, so high TPS is not required since dps is lower in general.

KT will be shiedless though. The raid already passed two higher dps checks before KT.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Right...with Thunderfury.

How does Prot paladin fair in AOE situations with every single buff and thunderfury?

I'm sure a rogue also has great aoe tanking skills with every possible buff and thunderfury when they pop evasion.
    The argument he makes is you basically have to stop less since paladins have mana and might need to drink. Where a warrior can keep pulling and pop a major cd if the healer isn't ready.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Might wanna check the dps, grp makeup, and buffs on the pally "tanks" that make all those videos everyone harps on about showing the viability of prot pallies before getting too upset.
    It really doesn't matter. If you're worried about speed clearing UD Strat that much, then that's on you. Prot paladins can tank the content just as well. Even a raid, given the right group makeup can do just fine on most things. Ffs, I tank in mail and leather as a warrior and am no where near defense cap and do just fine. Imagine being so angry at the idea of a class that has the tools to tank that you put the word "tank" in quotes.

Btw, I'm not upset at all. I said he was trying to prove that warriors are better at AOE tanking with every single buff. Paladins do fantastic AOE threat and is consistent without every buff in the game. Nobody would ever claim that paladins are the best single target threat even with all the buffs. They do however, need a lot of buffs to be able to generate better single target threat in a raid environment.

A single stoneshield potion (2000 armor for 2 minutes) outlasts every fight!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not.

I did 31/20 on private servers for a long time as Human with swords.

I decided to go NE (PvP shadowmeld) and test daggers this time. The TPS was higher with daggers than a human with swords.

Fury/prot has been a thing for a while.

Ideally I can acquire edgemaster so I can equip a proper belt and gloves.

Proper use of elixirs and pots and other consumables make Fury/prot viable. The tank needs to have awareness of when to bring out the shield though. Shield Block makes you uncrushable during emergencies. I often shield swap 1-2 times on each boss.
    Brace yourself, the "Private servers don't count" squad are coming
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Absolutely highest TPS I've ever seen.

We had prot paladin pull garr adds to the side with a few banishes.

I hit a rage pot and spammed heroic strike/sunder + revenge on CD.

Garr died in under 30 seconds.

Using mugger's belt and aged core gloves (glancing capped)

Perdition + Corehound tooth. Not even hit capped yet!

Make sure you got shield swap macro and use shield block to stop a crush if you get low. Good luck!

I'm 3-31-17 (I took heroic strike rage reduction over sunder armor rage reduction).
    Cool blog, it's not required here as it has no valid information.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's almost like they realized things had problems and fixed them over, oh, I don't know, let's say 15 years of continued refinement.
    Too bad that they started fucking it up again in the last 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Too bad that they started fucking it up again in the last 5.
    I don't know why everyone hates on BFA. PvE is faster in BFA (5-mans) and more challenging/longer in raids (Mythic).

PvP is a like a card game that lasts 1-2 minutes with a healer around, knowing when to trade CD's and force them and doesn't rely on consumables.

THe only problem I have with retail is the SAME problem I've had for nearly a decade:

GEAR DOES NOT MATTER.

All of my high end season 3 PvP gear will be obsolete the moment the next patch drops. The power creep between patches has always been too much. I prefer Classic's power creep. Gear that is good now will be decent til the end of the game. A guy in full tier 3 will smoke your boots if you're in tier 1/DM gear, but most players cannot obtain this, and I believe most people will be in a mix of tier 1/2 + early AQ pieces for the majority of Classic's first few years.

This is why I choose classic...gear is more difficult (difficult as in Time Commitment) to obtain... and it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Indeed. Same for bears or when it come to DPS> anything beside combat rogue / frost mage / fury war is considered subpar and to be avoided (as non viable) - beside a couple of locks for summons indeed.

ps: i play feral cat / offtank bear. I get spammed to tank instances where i need absolutely nothing. Persona non grata for raids though and the couple of raiding guilds i joined ended up benching me for more fury warriors. Now i CBA anymore, the min maxing is just mainstream for the population still playing.
    People look at you weirdly if you aren't doing min-max fury warrior-like dps, not realising that the dps requirement to kill a boss is abysmally low. And if Dps is truly an issue there are some serious problems that go beyond the class.

- - - Updated - - -

With major mana pots, runes and a single innervate, a prot paladin is fine (assuming you have decent dps).
    For dungeons? sorry that's false or very rarely happens, especially since dungeons are old now.
    Mana pots, rune, is a requirement for most classes in raids, disqualifying a prot paladin because of it is weird...
    Prot paladins don't need innervate that's some 2004 regurgitation of false information.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    People look at you weirdly if you aren't doing min-max fury warrior-like dps, not realising that the dps requirement to kill a boss is abysmally low. And if Dps is truly an issue there are some serious problems that go beyond the class.
    Ofcourse i'm going to look at you weirdly if you play your class wrong, no excuses when you have the worlds best resources on how to improve just one google search away.

It's you that are weird that intentionally play poorly.

KT will be shiedless though. The raid already passed two higher dps checks before KT.
    You can't tank Kel'Thuzad all the time and no reason to dual wield tank the Guardians. The encounter in general you'll bring a shield, is all I mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Ofcourse i'm going to look at you weirdly if you play your class wrong, no excuses when you have the worlds best resources on how to improve just one google search away.

It's you that are weird that intentionally play poorly.
    The content absolutely fucking implodes if you optimize everything and use all consumables and buffs. Why even play classic at that point, except to pvp I guess? If I was going to play that way I'd just play retail at least the content is tuned for it.

The content absolutely fucking implodes if you optimize everything and use all consumables and buffs. Why even play classic at that point, except to pvp I guess? If I was going to play that way I'd just play retail at least the content is tuned for it.
    Because you're being a dick if you aren't doing your best in a competitive environment.

I don't care if you like doing poorly on your own time, I care if you bring it into my face.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Because you're being a dick if you aren't doing your best in a competitive environment.

I don't care if you like doing poorly on your own time, I care if you bring it into my face.
    Sure. I definitely wouldn't attempt to join your raid. But it all seems a bit boring to me? The content is known, it was all beaten 14 years ago and was in no way designed for that kind of optimization. You'll absolutely crush the shit out of it the very first day it's out and then be done. Why even play classic? Except to pvp.

That sort of competitive mindset is what retail mythic raiding is designed for. I did mythic raiding for years and it was fun but Legion and BFA upped the grind outside of raid way too much, I came back to classic to have a more relaxed experience where the content isn't designed around min-maxing the shit out of everything at all times.

Sure. I definitely wouldn't attempt to join your raid. But it all seems a bit boring to me? The content is known, it was all beaten 14 years ago and was in no way designed for that kind of optimization. You'll absolutely crush the shit out of it the very first day it's out and then be done. Why even play classic? Except to pvp.

That sort of competitive mindset is what retail mythic raiding is designed for. I did mythic raiding for years and it was fun but Legion and BFA upped the grind outside of raid way too much, I came back to classic to have a more relaxed experience where the content isn't designed around min-maxing the shit out of everything at all times.
    Each to their own in that regard, but if you show up intentionally wearing incorrect gear and/or missplaying in a setting with other people you're being bit of a dick

And yet we used a prot paladin on Garr for the adds and aoe'd down all but 3 (3 were banished) 20-30 seconds post pull (after garr died). In fact, the only person that received an innervate that fight was the prot paladin.
    lol. Some people have no idea how silly they sound.

We do it every week with a fury warrior tanking all the adds near the boss. When Garr is 20% we aoe everything down until adds are 20% then the warrior pulls all the adds to the wall and we kill them there. The fight takes us barely one minute. Actually last week the fight took us exactly 38 seconds.

Imagine using banish
    Last edited by tikcol; 2020-01-09 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

For dungeons? sorry that's false or very rarely happens, especially since dungeons are old now.
    Mana pots, rune, is a requirement for most classes in raids, disqualifying a prot paladin because of it is weird...
    Prot paladins don't need innervate that's some 2004 regurgitation of false information.
    For raids. Are you saying a single innervate on a prot paladin mid boss is not needed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    lol. Some people have no idea how silly they sound.

We do it every week with a fury warrior tanking all the adds near the boss. When Garr is 20% we aoe everything down until adds are 20% then the warrior pulls all the adds to the wall and we kill them there. The fight takes us barely one minute. Actually last week the fight took us exactly 38 seconds.

Imagine using banish
    This strategy is not optimal? Why split damage between Garr and adds, without killing either? That's three target swaps and three wasted gcds, since you have two alternating damage profiles being executed twice.

No, you dont need banish, but banishing them allows us to four heal MC.

2 tanks, 4 heals, 34 dps.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2020-01-09 at 05:17 PM.

For raids. Are you saying a single innervate on a prot paladin mid boss is not needed?

- - - Updated - - -

This strategy is not optimal? Why split damage between Garr and adds, without killing either? That's three target swaps and three wasted gcds, since you have two alternating damage profiles being executed twice.

No, you dont need banish, but banishing them allows us to four heal MC.

2 tanks, 4 heals, 34 dps.
    Not optimal... Jesus.

There's no target swapping. Garr gets aoed down with adds from 20% to 0 and then adds are pulled a bit to the side when they're 10% so they don't explode the raid

How about saving some face instead of saying the tactic used by the fastest mc clear in the world isn't optimal?
    Last edited by tikcol; 2020-01-09 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    A bunch of people claimed VANILLA was hard.

I haven't seen a single person say CLASSIC is hard.

Not sure why people act like Classic is Vanilla. It's not.
    Stop the retarded icecream meme.

It was Classic 15 years ago aswell. '

And it was still fucking easy.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Not optimal... Jesus.

There's no target swapping. Garr gets aoed down with adds from 20% to 0 and then adds are pulled a bit to the side when they're 10% so they don't explode the raid

How about saving some face instead of saying the tactic used by the fastest mc clear in the world isn't optimal?
    On paper is optimal, and can be done with 40 serious players who will follow and execute all instructions, but the extra 10-15 second gain is hardly worth it for a run comprising of only 10-15 serious players.

40 players using our strat can still finish Garr in under 60 seconds, which is all that matters, and no one has to worry about their threat either since I'm duel wielding daggers (this again makes it easier for casuals).

We clear MC in 50-55 minutes. This is about 15 minutes slower than the top four guilds above us on Grobbulus (US). The top guild reportedly cleared MC in under 35 minutes two weeks ago. That being said it's a matter of "nickles and dimes."

35-55 minute clears hardly matter to raid. 55 minutes is good enough and far ahead of the crowd.

On paper is optimal, and can be done with 40 serious players who will follow and execute all instructions, but the extra 10-15 second gain is hardly worth it for a run comprising of only 10-15 serious players.

40 players using our strat can still finish Garr in under 60 seconds, which is all that matters, and no one has to worry about their threat either since I'm duel wielding daggers (this again makes it easier for casuals).

We clear MC in 50-55 minutes. This is about 15 minutes slower than the top four guilds above us on Grobbulus (US). The top guild reportedly cleared MC in under 35 minutes two weeks ago. That being said it's a matter of "nickles and dimes."

35-55 minute clears hardly matter to raid. 55 minutes is good enough and far ahead of the crowd.
    You kinda missed the whole point of my first post. If a fury warrior can tank all adds how is bringing a prot paladin even considered especially if you need to banish mobs and innervate the guy?

Do you lack "serious" warriors? lol

You kinda missed the whole point of my first post. If a fury warrior can tank all adds how is bringing a prot paladin even considered especially if you need to banish mobs and innervate the guy?

Do you lack "serious" warriors? lol
    For the sake of ease of execution.

I tank Garr, we nuke him, we aoe adds on paladin right after. I pick up adds that leave banish after Garr dies (2-3) (no rebanish).

Very easy. No brain. No brain strats are best in Vanilla with 40 people unless you're top three guilds on server.

We have one warrior specced deep prot with FR gear for Baron and Rag and he pretty much afk's through the raid unless I die. Also you seem like a dick in real life. Good day.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2020-01-09 at 08:38 PM.

For the sake of ease of execution.

I tank Garr, we nuke him, we aoe adds on paladin right after. I pick up adds that leave banish after Garr dies (2-3) (no rebanish).

Very easy. No brain.

We have one warrior specced deep prot with FR gear for Baron and Rag and he pretty much afk's through the raid unless I die. Also you seem like a dick in real life. Good day.
    Our OT just takes all adds with a sapper charge and then we nuke boss, then we nuke adds.

No need for a paladin in this equation.