Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The real difficulty of Vanilla:

"Boss gets Enrage effect"

RL: "Hunter Tranq"
    5 seconds later
    RL: "Hunter !@#$ing Tranq!"

Hunter: "Wots tranq?" He says as he just AAs the boss with cheapest possible ammo possible and no buffs.

That right there was the real difficulty of Vanilla - Lack of a developed internet culture lead to half the players doing little more then facerolling half the time (Which expains why it took so long for ppl to hit max lvl back in the day. Likely because many though that doing only greens and grey quests was easier then doing yellow/orange quests/mobs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The real difficulty of Vanilla:

"Boss gets Enrage effect"

RL: "Hunter Tranq"
    5 seconds later
    RL: "Hunter !@#$ing Tranq!"

Hunter: "Wots tranq?" He says as he just AAs the boss with cheapest possible ammo possible and no buffs.

That right there was the real difficulty of Vanilla - Lack of a developed internet culture lead to half the players doing little more then facerolling half the time (Which expains why it took so long for ppl to hit max lvl back in the day. Likely because many though that doing only greens and grey quests was easier then doing yellow/orange quests/mobs)
    The majority of the player base is no better today then they were 15 years ago. This is evidenced by observing most people leveling and how they act in leveling dungeons in groups. They do the same dumb crap they did in Vanilla.

However, the hardcore player is 10x better than they were 15 years ago, due to increased knowledge, that is true, and the number of "hardcores" is also higher.

But the casuals are the same as they've always been. Time has changed nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    For the sake of ease of execution.

I tank Garr, we nuke him, we aoe adds on paladin right after. I pick up adds that leave banish after Garr dies (2-3) (no rebanish).

Very easy. No brain. No brain strats are best in Vanilla with 40 people unless you're top three guilds on server.

We have one warrior specced deep prot with FR gear for Baron and Rag and he pretty much afk's through the raid unless I die. Also you seem like a dick in real life. Good day.
    Assigning banish targets, having a useless prot paladin for 90% of the raid just so he can tank some garr adds instead of aoeing everything down is ease of execution?

I caught you in a bunch of blatant contradictions because you won't stop saying stupid shit like

This strategy is not optimal? Why split damage between Garr and adds, without killing either?
    On paper is optimal, and can be done with 40 serious players who will follow and execute all instructions
    What instructions exactly? Press your aoe button until adds are 10% then press your ranged aoe button once tank pulled them to the wall?

Do you know why you're taking 1 hour to clear mc instead of 25 mins? Because sub-par guilds such as yours can't take a little criticism before getting super defensive about their gameplay to the point of insulting another poster personally because he's trying to understand your reasoning. I mean, tbh I knew you were a shitter to begin with but i actually wanted to help you understand.

You could just say "We don't care about doing MC in half the time". Instead you go on very elaborate rants(which are mostly uninformed garbage) on why your tactic is superior but somehow said tactics make you clear MC in 1 hour while just yesterday I cleared MC in half the time..

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Assigning banish targets, having a useless prot paladin for 90% of the raid just so he can tank some garr adds instead of aoeing everything down is ease of execution?

I caught you in a bunch of blatant contradictions because you won't stop saying stupid shit like

What instructions exactly? Press your aoe button until adds are 10% then press your ranged aoe button once tank pulled them to the wall?

Do you know why you're taking 1 hour to clear mc instead of 25 mins? Because sub-par guilds such as yours can't take a little criticism before getting super defensive about their gameplay to the point of insulting another poster personally because he's trying to understand your reasoning. I mean, tbh I knew you were a shitter to begin with but i actually wanted to help you understand.

You could just say "We don't care about doing MC in half the time". Instead you go on very elaborate rants(which are mostly uninformed garbage) on why your tactic is superior but somehow said tactics make you clear MC in 1 hour while just yesterday I cleared MC in half the time..
    There's no contradiction.

He's a prot paladin for 5 mans, and he drops some decent heals during raids on a few bosses with healing gear. He tanks during Garr and Domo. MC under an hour is godo enough.

Only top guilds are regularly doing anything under 35 minutes.

And I dont care what you do and how fast you clear MC. Me and my friends are gearing two characters faster than your single character because we use disposable pugs and no brain strats. We already know who we're merging with for BWL.

Have a good day.

Nothing is uninformed btw.

My retail healer is Trainmeplzz-Tich (horde) and is the only Hpriest above 2100 in RBGS, and I've taught other holy and disc priests how to stand a good chance at 1900-2000 MMR. My main is Ariestt (alliance and horde) and I'm I'm sitting safe hero.

I'm better than you at every aspect of this game, retail or classic, PvP or PvE.

Have fun.

You're playing with 39 other hardcores and competing for gear.

I'm playing with 14 other hardcores and taking the gear. I spend an extra 30 minutes in MC per week in order gain an extra week in gear progression compared to you (somtimes two weeks extra). After two months of MC farming I am nearly a month in front of your gear progression (if not more) on two characters and I have Geddon's binding.

Vanilla/BC raiding has always been a sick world. Poaching and merging (and disposing of the trash) was the norm then and is now.

Want be the best BWL guild on phase 4? Gear 15 people to the teeth in phase 2/3 and merge with another 15 people who have already agreed to do the same, find 10 more disposable players. Use your 15 alts to gear their 15 mains, and they are going to use their 15 alts to gear our mains.

Sick cruel world. See, I'm even a bigger dick than you. Here I am posting my results that dagger TPS is higher than human swords, and yo're talking about raid tactic nuances. LOL

The only things you know is that shit you google. Wnat to know the fastest way to rank in Classic (alliance)? Queue afk and jump inside Van's room 16 hours a day while other people farm your rank for you.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2020-01-09 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    Driving a car would have been really hard when I was five years old.

Yet somehow, ten years later, I got my learner's permit without issue.

Amazing what time will do.
    That's a pretty shit analogy considering we know that the further past 30 you get the worse you are at gaming. With the average age of people playing wow quoted by blizzard to be 26 in vanilla you could easily argue that "we" were better gamers back in vanilla to cata then in classic.

What you should be saying is "with more education and knowledge, we get better at our jobs"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Because you're being a dick if you aren't doing your best in a competitive environment.

I don't care if you like doing poorly on your own time, I care if you bring it into my face.
    TIL today. Posting in a forum is "bringing it to your face". I would like to know where the competitive environment is. The only competitive environment is seeing who clears first. The content is so easy that ClassicBads like me will clear it. If you can contribute meaningfully in greens then the environment is not competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Stop the retarded icecream meme.

It was Classic 15 years ago aswell. '

And it was still fucking easy.
    Source on that claim please. Accepted knowledge is that it was called Vanilla before Blizzard announces Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    TIL today. Posting in a forum is "bringing it to your face". I would like to know where the competitive environment is. The only competitive environment is seeing who clears first. The content is so easy that ClassicBads like me will clear it. If you can contribute meaningfully in greens then the environment is not competitive.
    Amazing how you have a real hard time reading what I wrote, even with the whole context of the conversation laid bare before you.

Yes, this is completely what I meant ))))

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    The content is so easy that ClassicBads like me will clear it. If you can contribute meaningfully in greens then the environment is not competitive.
    Well said. The fact that I got some guy nerdraging how our 45-55 second Garr strat (for a half pug raid) is grossly inferior to their 25-35 second Garr strat with his 39 hardcores.

Like....WHO GIVES A SHIT.

Meanwhile when BWL drops, roughly half his guild will merge with another guild and he'll be left behind. The guy doens't know that he's most likely fodder.

Well said. The fact that I got some guy nerdraging how our 45-55 second Garr strat (for a half pug raid) is grossly inferior to their 25-35 second Garr strat with his 39 hardcores.

Meanwhile when BWL drops, roughly half his guild will merge with another guild and he'll be left behind. The guy doens't know that he's most likely fodder.
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/gui...75769/latest/#

I think it's stronger than you, can't go more than one post without saying uninformed garbage. If you stopped for 1 min before posting each time then you could remind yourself just how silly you would sound if your assumptions are wrong.

Someone that creates a thread called Dual Wield Dagger Fury tanking like he invented some new meta.

Go ahead, link me your log and compare it to any of our fury warriors on Garr

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    "giggles"....."giggles louder"

- - - Updated - - -

Don't even need tank spec to tank current valid bosses....
    Don't need specs to do anything, that's the whole point of vanilla.

You're a warrior who's a bit extra good at X. Not a prot warrior or a fury warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    A bunch of people claimed VANILLA was hard.

I haven't seen a single person say CLASSIC is hard.

Not sure why people act like Classic is Vanilla. It's not.
    The code was copied, but not the spirit.

Classic is a zombie shambling along. If they wanted to copy the spirit they should've made things purposely harder and unpredictable. Removed the edge that 15+ years of experience and information sharing gives us. Filled the game to the brim with completely braindead people who can't even RTQL read the questlog so the current players would be the top 1% instead of half the population of a barren game.

[url]

Someone that creates a thread called Dual Wield Dagger Fury tanking like he invented some new meta.

Never said I invented a meta, but it's certainly no where to be found online. What I noticed is my tps is the same or higher than it was on nost, and at the very least more cosnistsent due to higher rate of attack (statistical law of large numbers, which is realized through high frequency of an event).

And the meta is dual sword/dual axe without proper hit/skill gear (+8 is glancing cap).

Is 31/20 fry prot a new meta? No. it's been around for years. Is duel wield dagger a new meta? Prob not. But I've never seen it. There were also no results when googled.

If you google "fury dagger tanking" all the results are about a dagger in the offhand (usually corehound tooth pre-sword). I never saw dual wield dagger on nost.

- - - Updated - - -

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/gui...75769/latest/#

Who cares about your logs on MC (because I cannot confirm its you).

Yep, you're cannon fodder for your guild btw. Watch the top geared players in your guild merge with another on BWL launch and leave you in the dust...like they were planning to since launch.

You can google the top meta raid tactics for each classic boss, but you can't google the top progression strategies for classic (poaching and merging and kicking the bads that purposely weren't geared!)

<3
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2020-01-09 at 10:51 PM.

Never said I invented a meta, but it's certainly no where to be found online. What I noticed is my tps is the same or higher than it was on nost, and at the very least more cosnistsent due to higher rate of attack (statistical law of large numbers, which is realized through high frequency of an event).

And the meta is dual sword/dual axe without proper hit/skill gear (+8 is glancing cap).

Is 31/20 fry prot a new meta? No. it's been around for years. Is duel wield dagger a new meta? Prob not. But I've never seen it. There were also no results when googled.

If you google "fury dagger tanking" all the results are about a dagger in the offhand (usually corehound tooth pre-sword). I never saw dual wield dagger on nost.

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares about your logs on MC (because I cannot confirm its you).

Yep, you're cannon fodder for your guild btw. Watch the top geared players in your guild merge with another on BWL launch and leave you in the dust...like they were planning to since launch.

You can google the top meta raid tactics for each classic boss, but you can't google the top progression strategies for classic (poaching and merging and kicking the bads that purposely weren't geared!)

<3
    Yep, people that have been in the guild for 5 years which is arguably the best classic pve guild will leave, maybe to join your shitty guild and take an entire night to clear mc. Brilliant

Starting to think you're actually delusional and not just uninformed

Yep, people that have been in the guild for 5 years which is arguably the best classic pve guild will leave,
    Which means it's a 99.99% chance that you're not in that guild.

I'll log on Trainmeplzz_tich (horde) and prove that I'm the top PvP holy priest in retail.

Will you log your main in classic and prove your claim?

See I can prove who I am (read white chat message in picture,says hello to you).

Put up...or shut up!
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2020-01-09 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    It was Classic 15 years ago aswell. '
    What? No it wasn't. Vanilla WAS NOT Classic. Classic IS NOT Vanilla. Go player Retail at level 60 and tell me it's the same as playing Vanilla because playing Classic with 12 major patches of bug fixes and balancing isn't not at all what it was like in Vanilla outside of a few months at the end. Outside of just the power level increase characters went through, some classes just play differently from 1.0 to 1.12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Which means it's a 99.99% chance that you're not in that guild.

I'll log on Trainmeplzz_tich (horde) and prove that I'm the top PvP holy priest in retail.

Will you log your main in classic and prove your claim?

See I can prove who I am (read white chat message in picture,says hello to you).

Put up...or shut up!
    Did you just unironically post a screenshot with 2.1k rating and call yourself the best priest? Delusion bordering insanity right now..

Did you just unironically post a screenshot with 2.1k rating and call yourself the best priest? Delusion bordering insanity right now..
    If you can find a higher Holy Priest in RBGS, let me know (Hotdogs is disc and hasn't played in over two months, we don't know why he appears holy)

https://www.arenamate.net/?region=US...class_filter=5

Btw, show me who you are. I want to see you logged in. I want to see you're in the number 1/2 guild in Classic.

Show who you are. Put up or shut up!
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2020-01-10 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Its all down to 1.12. If it was true representation of how vanilla was, Most bosses in classic would be as hard, if not harder than ANYTHING in retail.
    Oh yeah, dealing with 1 single mechanic is SOOOOO hard, amirite?
    Vanilla wasn't hard. It was grindy AF, internet connections weren't great back then, and information wasn't as easily found.
    But, bosses only had like 1 mechanic. It would probably be just as easily if it were a true representation of vanilla.

If you can find a higher Holy Priest in RBGS, let me know (Hotdogs is disc and hasn't played in over two months, we don't know why he appears holy)

https://www.arenamate.net/?region=US...class_filter=5

Btw, show me who you are. I want to see you logged in. I want to see you're in the number 1/2 guild in Classic.

Show who you are. Put up or shut up!
    Rbgs.. am I supposed to take you seriously or laugh at your face?

rbgs.. Am i supposed to take you seriously or laugh at your face?
    let the backtrack begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rbgs.. am I supposed to take you seriously or laugh at your face?
    Show me your main with screen shot or gtfo.

Paladin tanks are old news, it's all about the warlock tanks!