Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    N'zoth was marginally the weakest of the old gods. Get your whine right at least.
    And the Old Gods we dealt with before were never unleashed, just weakened fragments.
    So what's your point?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Vashj'ir? The capture of Neptulon? The Tidestone? Tomb of Sargeras?

    Literally what are you talking about? Any time there was nagas, that was Azshara/N'zoth sending them there, besides maybe the few Illidan bossed around. And if you're going to try to say naga weren't a major threat, I don't know what more to say.
    He's saying he has no idea about the lore and storylines. A lot of the people arguing against the OP clearly don't.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Except it literally does that. Just because those villains were written first, it does not mean that they are more important. That makes no sense.
    So using your logic blizzard could ass pull write another character tomorrow who empowered N'Zoth.

    Oh wait, that's what they already did with the Void Lord shit that didn't exist when Old God's where first conceived but are now the bosses of the Old Gods, and thus the cycle always continues.

    Bad guys die, new ones are written. N'Zoth is not some beloved character that deserves some massive fan fare for his death. The reason characters like Illidan/Azshara aren't killed off or others like Arthas or Deathwing go out with a bang is they are actually important, not a means to an end and a villain to be loot pinata for raiders like N'Zoth is or the ones that will come to replace him.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-01-06 at 01:31 AM.

  3. #43
    You haven't seen the cinematic, none of us have. Come back after the raid comes out. Cutscene =/= cinematic, learn the difference and stop thinking the datamined N'zoth cutscene is the finale when it's not.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Read some about the patch notes and datamined dialogue, then saw the cutscene, anyway, for a villain that has been teased for years, that has been behind a lot of stuff, is this it? Just one patch and THAT dealing with the biggest villain in wow history aside from Sargeras?
    I will agree with you because i thought we would be fighting something huge also and in the end it's just a big and not huge Old GOD.
    And then the neck does it all and literally obliterates his existence.

    I think for someone so smart as N'zoth is supposed to be, that this is not satisfying.
    They kept saying he was the size of a continent etc and well, i actually wanted that.

    But you know, players are champions, we kill everything and even a boss that was so teased, it has this simple death.

    I know his spirit won't die, as no one actually dies in spirit, they go back to where they came. And they can all be revived at some point. But still we were suppose to defeat him in a large wide fight.

    I understand your frustration, but it is what it is i guess.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You haven't seen the cinematic, none of us have. Come back after the raid comes out. Cutscene =/= cinematic, learn the difference and stop thinking the datamined N'zoth cutscene is the finale when it's not.
    The cinematic shows his own being being obliterated. Watch it again. He is destroyed inside from the neck


  5. #45
    Pandaren Monk Sluvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So using your logic blizzard could ass pull write another character tomorrow who empowered N'Zoth.

    Oh wait, that's what they already did with the Void Lord shit that didn't exist when Old God's where first conceived but are now the bosses of the Old Gods, and thus the cycle always continues.

    Bad guys die, new ones are written. N'Zoth is not some beloved character that deserves some massive fan fare for his death. The reason characters like Illidan/Azshara aren't killed off or others like Arthas or Deathwing go out with a bang is they are actually important, not a means to an end and a villain to be loot pinata for raiders like N'Zoth is or the ones that will come to replace him.
    Is the first time that we are facing an old god in it's full glory.
    An Old God that has been teased and hyped for quite some time.
    Behind Deathwing AND Azshara.
    Just because he is not beloved by you, it does not mean that he isn't beloved. No matter what you say, he is important, extremely important. If he was not minimally important he would not be the end boss of the expansion.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Read some about the patch notes and datamined dialogue, then saw the cutscene, anyway, for a villain that has been teased for years, that has been behind a lot of stuff, is this it? Just one patch and THAT dealing with the biggest villain in wow history aside from Sargeras?
    exactly. totally wasted. as all of the shit the last few years. because wow = just milking the cow = cheap shit = put in any lore that has value to just transport the cheap shit.

    look at:

    - kiljaeden. one of the most iconic chars. we just killed him drive by in a quick patch in Legion. „hey look, there is kiljaeden out of nowhere. big vaillain. lets kill. dead. thx. bye.“ hillarious.
    - ashzara. lol. ppl pseudo leaked her own xpac for years. burned in a patch. yeeehaaa.
    - sargeras. mega wasted quick shit end, for which sargeras never was needed.
    - Grom in WoD. „Oh look, we bring back (aka recycle) all the big orc chars. with some weird timeline shit. arent we genius ? btw, we just fuck him up quickly and he never play a big role.“
    - Voljin. „Heeeey Voljin my friend, after a long time and some iconic adventures finally you get the Warchief throne and we can make you Thrall 2.0, that a lot of ppl obviously wants. Oh wait, sorry, forget that. Marketing and story tellers said we go another route. Thx Voljin. Bye Voljin.“ Killed. After 5minutes on throne where he did ... nothing.
    - Yriel. „Hey Ion, ppl keep saying we need new characters. Lets build some new chars up to use it in future xpacs, ok ? ok. .... ehm Ion, WoD is over, what should we do with Yriel ? No clue, just piss on her. We have a new plan. We now bring Legion and spit a thousand old recycled names and characters into that class order hall stuff to transport that shit with rich lore names. cheap but works.“
    - going to nazjatar. baaam. some patch. done.
    - going to nyalota. baaaam. some patch. done.
    - going to emerald dream. patch. baaaaam. done.
    - going to argus. patch. done.
    - going to [insert rich lore regions here, that could be an own xpac]. patch. done.
    - and and and

    lets face it. they piss on every character and lore. they are solely there to recycle endlessly and use their prominent names to transport the cheap shit stuff with them.

    that said: now think about the fact that we are in the shadowlands next xpac, where all the dead lore characters lives. you will find an answer to 2 questions:

    - Why they use Shadowlands as theme ? (hint: cheap recyyyyyyycling).
    - Will there be new and interesting stories, lore, characters and adventures ? (spoiler: nnnnnope).

    what blizz do with wow, aka their cow milking cheap shit system to support profits via tokens, shop and paid services, is just hillarious to infinity.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-01-06 at 01:52 AM.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Is the first time that we are facing an old god in it's full glory.
    An Old God that has been teased and hyped for quite some time.
    Behind Deathwing AND Azshara.
    Just because he is not beloved by you, it does not mean that he isn't beloved. No matter what you say, he is important, extremely important. If he was not minimally important he would not be the end boss of the expansion.
    N'Zoth and "beloved" said unironically. Yea, nothing more to discuss with you after that lol. People nostalgic about cataclysm lore now? hoooo boy.

  8. #48
    Pandaren Monk Sluvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    N'Zoth and "beloved" said unironically. Yea, nothing more to discuss with you after that lol. People nostalgic about cataclysm lore now? hoooo boy.
    You can put your fingers in your ears all you like, it does not change that he is incredibly important to the lore of the game. But sure, attach yourself to one word that you used it yourself in order to dismiss the argument. Either way, further discussion with you in this topic is pointless.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  9. #49
    @Niwes Gul'dan's death at least was fulfilling, i wanted to kill him so bad. I got my oportunity in nighthold! (And he already gave me mythic mount just need to take all from him, all transmogs, all mounts, still need fel one)

  10. #50
    Field Marshal Timewalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Caverns of Time
    Posts
    88
    All Old Gods have been 1 patch ez kills. Why should N'Zoth, who is weaker than the others, be any more?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    @Niwes Gul'dan's death at least was fulfilling, i wanted to kill him so bad. I got my oportunity in nighthold! (And he already gave me mythic mount just need to take all from him, all transmogs, all mounts, still need fel one)
    guldan was ok. he lasted for a good while, was involved in actions and relatively well embedded in story. the end was a bit quick and sideways, but that was ok, because he was the xpac transitioner (like garrosh). had no problems with what they did with guldan. ofc it could be way more and way deeper, but at least he was not cheap shit wasted and burned in 5minutes.

  12. #52
    Pandaren Monk Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,760
    They made N'zoth look like a bitch in the Azshara warbringer video so who cares about him anymore.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    guldan was ok. he lasted for a good while, was involved in actions and relatively well embedded in story. the end was a bit quick and sideways, but that was ok, because he was the xpac transitioner (like garrosh). had no problems with what they did with guldan. ofc it could be way more and way deeper, but at least he was not cheap shit wasted and burned in 5minutes.
    Kil'Jaeden tho on mythic was the hardest fight ever, that people can't even do. The mechanics of that boss still leave to be hard in this expansion (they are super easy, just hard to perform when you don't know how).

    I think he was a good boss too. Tomb of sargueras wasn't super exciting for me, but Kil'jaeden fight was. Tomb was probably the time i played less.

  14. #54
    The Lightbringer Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    3,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    lets face it. they piss on every character and lore. they are solely there to recycle endlessly and use their prominent names to transport the cheap shit stuff with them.
    Honestly, this. It been going on for a while. They can't do character growth very well at all.

    It drives me nuts with how characters act however they want them too specifically that it feels that there are different writers on different pages and no one really cares because the fans will figure it out "It's fine."
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  15. #55
    Herald of the Titans Synros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadowlands
    Posts
    2,923
    I'd be almost willing to bet that we don't actually end up defeating N'zoth. The very name of the patch and the fact the Gift of N'zoth stays with people who have it, are huge hints that everything we think happened probably never actually did.
    Last edited by Synros; 2020-01-06 at 02:51 AM.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    He is weaker than C'thun and Yogg-saron and we dealt with those the patch they were introduced, so why would the weakest of the old gods get a massive fanfare?
    Because N'zoth has big the biggest tease of an Old God. Your post doesn't refute what he says.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    I'm almost willing to bet money that what we saw in that in game cutscene was a throw off. It definitely wasn't what was going to end the raid...
    We can hope but...man, Blizzard doesn't have a great track record.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    N'zoth was marginally the weakest of the old gods. Get your whine right at least.
    Physically weakest, by far the strongest when it came to manipulation and overall effect on our planet, even while imprisoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  18. #58
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Read some about the patch notes and datamined dialogue, then saw the cutscene, anyway, for a villain that has been teased for years, that has been behind a lot of stuff, is this it? Just one patch and THAT dealing with the biggest villain in wow history aside from Sargeras?
    Yes, getting blasted by an orbital beam that normally is used to kill all life on an entire planet. super lame, boreing, yawwwwwn.
    also you saw the end of fight cinematic, not the ACTUAL ending cinematic, as that is not out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  19. #59
    Herald of the Titans Synros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadowlands
    Posts
    2,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    We can hope but...man, Blizzard doesn't have a great track record.
    What are you talking about? Blizz has a great track record with their cinematics.

    If you honestly think the raid is going to end with that in game cutscene, then you're just being foolish at this point... The name of the patch is a huge hint as to what's going on, but the problem is people are just too caught up in hating Blizzard for the sake of hating them, to see what's actually going on.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

  20. #60
    Sure but what is a puppet master with out his puppets? His power always seemed to be from corrupting powerful beings to do his bidding. And I think it is being overlooked that we have a "super weapon" this time around that we didn't with the other old gods. It may be dumb from a story stand point but it is what it is. Just like we never really defeated deathwing it was the "story weapon" that allowed him to be defeated.

    I do think they could have done it better though. Eternal palace should have been the first raid and then BoD could have had more N'zoth acting as a puppet master to weaken us. Then we take the fight to him with what 8.3 is. There has been old gods mixed in from the start but it has been way to subtle when it should have be a building tsunami.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •