Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Iranian based Children of Morta developer summoned to court for not following Islam

Source

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Mage
    Children of Morta developer is summoned to the court over the complaint that the game includes dancing, lack of hijab, lack of praising for God, use of magic for fighting demons and also a burial not complying with Islamic laws.
    Well, RIP. They'll almost certainly either 1. be told to patch the game to align with Islam or 2. be thrown in jail, tortured, and possibly executed.

Shame, well they still have blasphemy laws there and hang homusexuals in public, stone women and execute minors among other things too.

Children of Morta is a very good game btw.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess what else doesn't comply with rules

Sign for them to get the fuck out of that country, then they don't have to stoop over backwards for these retarded super conservative laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    3. Seek asylum, I doubt it would be particularly difficult for them to be accepted if they applied for it in most EU countries. They'd probably have a decent chance at asylum with South American countries and Canada too.

I left the USA out because it would be practically suicidal for them to apply for asylum to USA in the wake of the events over the past week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Theocracies are bad, mkay? Something to keep in mind next time you hear some right-wing dumbass bemoaning the decline of religion in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Guess what else doesn't comply with rules
    Is it this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't feel sorry for Iran's economy if they like having a state of fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's pretty weird. Would the same requirements extent to things like books and movies?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Well that's pretty weird. Would the same requirements extent to things like books and movies?
    I remember a story not long ago about an Iranian woman getting in trouble with the government because she posted immodest pictures of herself on instagram. So it wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah Iran is looking like Iraq 2.0

I’d complain to the moderators about them locking threads that didn’t need to be locked, and leaving ones like this in the open, but the forum has become so tame lately.

I remember when this forum was cool and controversial.

"Use of magic for fighting demons" is such a weird one. Are they pro-demon? Are non-magical attacks an option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Awesome game. Sad to hear. Reminds me of the Confess situation (iranian metal band).

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Can we confirm this to be real? Why is it on some archive dodgy newssite?

I take everything that tries to portray Iran in a bad light with a huge grain of salt right now. It's the same made up lies every time the USA tries to go to war.
    Archived tweet from the lead dev of the game(the tweet has since been deleted)

http://archive.ph/wCw10#selection-2993.0-3044.0

I take everything that tries to portray Iran in a bad light with a huge grain of salt right now. It's the same made up lies every time the USA tries to go to war.
    I mean.. have you not been paying attention at all? You think Iran is some innocent little flower that got stepped on by big bad orange man?

We think Iran has been shit-talked for the last year precisely so people would be more onboard with the crap that's been pulled in the last week.

But yes, Iran bad, hide yo' kids hide yo wife etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account

Little something tells me even with reliable sources, you'd go out your way to ignore it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Found the religious fundamentalist and terrorist apologist. Fuck Iran and anyone who supports a religious enforced state that subjugates women and executes minorities on a whim because they happen to be gay or they have the wrong skin colour. Considering how much Iranian state sponsorship goes towards religious extremists groups, the fact that you think it's acceptable to try and rationalize anything Iran does is some grade A level stupidity.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-07 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

Yeah, because them simply investigating someone for not following the nation's very well documented blasphemy laws is somehow more outrageous and less believable than the fact that this very nation murdered 1500 of their own citizens less than two months ago.