Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You do realize every patch, including Classic launch, has been grindy........right? So by that logic MMO's were past their prime before they started as they are all grindy in some way.
    No it wasnt, especially not 4 new mundane rep grinds in 2 consecutive raid patches in addition to new temporary power up grinds like essences and azerite power.
    The amount of chores and busy work is insane especially if you like to play alts on a high level now.

    So yeah, grindy as fuck patch accelerated by grindy as fuck alt-unfriendly systems to boost activisions MAU definitely reeks of "past its prime"
    Last edited by Donatello Trumpi; 2020-01-09 at 05:59 PM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    We get a Blue Eyes White Dragon, which is pretty sick, but where's my alpacas? I saw several colorations. I am not leaving 8.3 without an alpaca for my vulpera.
    One's a publicly shared Rare, where you need to feed it with some vendor item, to acquire it. Has a long respawn time, but it remains up for 10 minutes for anyone to interact with it and get the mount.

    Or so it goes, mentioned on WoWHead a number of days ago.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    No it wasnt, especially not 4 new mundane rep grinds in 2 consecutive raid patches in addition to new temporary power up grinds like essences and azerite power.
    The amount of chores and busy work is insane especially if you like to play alts on a high level now.

    So yeah, grindy as fuck patch accelerated by grindy as fuck alt-unfriendly systems to boost activisions MAU definitely reeks of "past its prime"
    So again, pretty much every patch in WoW's history with the exception of temporary power grind. Typically every patch has some sort of rep system to grind.

  4. #24
    Can't wait to roll the new mogu allied race in the prepatch!

  5. #25
    I absolutely hope we get a Mogu allied race on Horde, we have yet to get our Draenai skeleton race haha.

  6. #26
    The Rajani
    A group of mogu loyal to the titan keeper Ra, they are charged with defending the Engine of Nalak'sha from N'Zoth's minions.


    Yep, pre-patch Allied Race? I'm going to name mine Ganondorf!

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    The Rajani
    A group of mogu loyal to the titan keeper Ra, they are charged with defending the Engine of Nalak'sha from N'Zoth's minions.


    Yep, pre-patch Allied Race? I'm going to name mine Ganondorf!
    How do you get pre-patch Allied race from the description? Nothing hints at it. Not saying it can't happen, just not sure how you and others are pulling it out of thin air.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So when was wows prime as every patch has been Grindy.
    Vanilla, it didn't have grindy factions with every patch

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    How do you get pre-patch Allied race from the description? Nothing hints at it. Not saying it can't happen, just not sure how you and others are pulling it out of thin air.
    I'm pulling it out of thin air.

  10. #30
    Unless something has changed since I last read up on the PTR data, this guide seems to leave out that three essences are associated with the reputations.

    Rajani:
    Touch of the Everlasting - Tank
    Spirit of Preservation - Healer

    Uldum Accord:
    Breath of the Dying - DPS

    Rank 3's will require exalted.

    Rank 4 essences (the cosmetic rewards) are locked behind the RNG of the Paragon Chests of the associated factions, which unlike the pet rewards, are soulbound and not account wide, so you need to get lucky on the specific character grinding out 10k rep per paragon chest after exalted that you want it on (if you're after it).

  11. #31
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    14,243
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Vanilla, it didn't have grindy factions with every patch
    Classic still had the zandalari and cenarius circle reps added in patches. So that leaves what two patches being wows prime?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Classic still had the zandalari and cenarius circle reps added in patches. So that leaves what two patches being wows prime?
    If you're a collector these Paragon Reputation caches suck balls.

  13. #33
    1. A "chance at" a pet in paragon caches makes me want to blow my fucking brains out
    2. I never considered that Blizz was adding a bunch of reps because players QQ'd about the 100 exalted cheeve

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    1. A "chance at" a pet in paragon caches makes me want to blow my fucking brains out
    2. I never considered that Blizz was adding a bunch of reps because players QQ'd about the 100 exalted cheeve
    Pets off them are tradable at least, unlike the mounts with Unshackled (and Legion for all of them...), and toys for the rest...

    Whoever came up with the idea of Paragon Caches ought to be shot.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-01-09 at 07:41 PM.

  15. #35
    It just feels like they're playing it safe and copy&paste structure with each patch/expansion. Not liking it at all. There is nothing really new or exciting. I'm not talking about the content as in maps, raids etc but the core of the game.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Vanilla, it didn't have grindy factions with every patch
    Every single patch, no because there was a lot of minor ones. Almost every major patch had something grindy in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    If you're a collector these Paragon Reputation caches suck balls.
    But they are a lot easier to finish since you can buy the pets off others. So wouldn't that be better than BoP stuff you have to grind to collect?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Whoever came up with the idea of Paragon Caches ought to be shot.
    Honestly, paragons are great imo and I know others agree. It makes it so doing certain activities past exalted not worthless and rewards you for still doing stuff. Sure some people do it because they feel forced to, but if I want to farm resources from Zandalari WQ's why not have the rep go towards some kind of progress still instead of just being vaporized. I'd love it if all reps got paragons, even if the older ones just got gold and crafting mats from those expansions or even filter in all the raid mounts (from that expansion) into it at a low chance.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Vanilla, it didn't have grindy factions with every patch
    Vanilla had factions added, they were grindier than those, and to this day the AQ event is the grindiest of them all.

    Not that I disagree that Blizzard could be more creative, or add one faction that has more quests and story to them ala Nightfallen instead of two factions with yet more daily stuff that takes roughly a month. But vanilla is hardly the ideal point of reference.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Grindy patches like this are a sign of a mmo being past its prime. Even the blindest of fanboys cant deny that wow is past its peak by now.
    How does saying "WoW is past its peak" help in any way shape or form? I get it. It's cool to shit on BfA because it's not a good expansion. But these fucking threads are page after page of people saying, "DAE Blizz sux" with absolutely zero thought put into what, exactly, Blizzard can do to help improve the game or make it better. It just seems like people are less interested in actually making suggestions to improve the game and more interested in empty platitudes from random internet strangers who share their same negative opinion.
    Last edited by otaXephon; 2020-01-10 at 12:42 AM. Reason: somehow quoted the wrong dude?

  19. #39
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    25,667
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    How does saying "WoW is past its peak" help in any way shape or form? I get it. It's cool to shit on BfA because it's not a good expansion. But these fucking threads are page after page of people saying, "DAE Blizz sux" with absolutely zero thought put into what, exactly, Blizzard can do to help improve the game or make it better. It just seems like people are less interested in actually making suggestions to improve the game and more interested in empty platitudes from random internet strangers who share their same negative opinion.
    That is pretty much spot on for what's going on.

    The game always had rep grinds (some more grindy than others), yet they're only an issue now in 8.3?
    Please. And they changed how we get reputation as late as Legion. If they're going to "innovate" (great word to use with zero substance since it makes people sound clever) every damned patch we get, how long until they repeat what they've already done anyway?

    Nah, this is fine. I'm more critical towards the faction rewards than I am with the tested formula of reputations. But I've already deemed BfA mediocre in many ways ad nauseam, so I'll focus on what I enjoy/want instead.

    I'm not so sure people are being clever when expecting a Mogu Allied race though... aren't they hopelessly underdeveloped for that?
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    Classic servers in total EU/US: 73. Retail servers EU/Russia: 160, 60+ High/Full.
    "BuT ClAsSiC CaRrIeS ReTaIL HuRR"

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    But they are a lot easier to finish since you can buy the pets off others. So wouldn't that be better than BoP stuff you have to grind to collect?
    Yeah it is


    Honestly, paragons are great imo and I know others agree. It makes it so doing certain activities past exalted not worthless and rewards you for still doing stuff. Sure some people do it because they feel forced to, but if I want to farm resources from Zandalari WQ's why not have the rep go towards some kind of progress still instead of just being vaporized. I'd love it if all reps got paragons, even if the older ones just got gold and crafting mats from those expansions or even filter in all the raid mounts (from that expansion) into it at a low chance.
    I'd rather there not be any pets,toys,mounts,xmog on them that's not tradeable. Resources, the thousands of gold, augment runs still make it worth it to me
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill yourself -updated 3/7/2020

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •