Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I'd rather there not be any pets,toys,mounts,xmog on them that's not tradeable. Resources, the thousands of gold, augment runs still make it worth it to me
    Newer expansions I don't mind it because you'll be doing the content as well so you can passively earn it. After an expansion passes I wouldn't mind seeing something like a 5-10% boost to increase so you don't get it immediately, but faster still. If they were to implement it for older factions (which I hope they do) then I wouldn't want to see collectible in them. Just some gold and whatever else to reward you for your time. If they were to do pets/mounts then let's say for example they do one for Ashen Verdict then inside that one has a chance to reward you Invincible and the pets in the instances; still at a low rate mind you. Just gives you an extra chance on top of your usual farming.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    "DAE Blizz sux" with absolutely zero thought put into what, exactly, Blizzard can do to help improve the game or make it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    That is pretty much spot on for what's going on.

    The game always had rep grinds (some more grindy than others), yet they're only an issue now in 8.3?

    Breathes deep REP TABARDS

    Stop gating it behind WQs, lemme just do 44 quintillion dungeons until I'm exalted

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Newer expansions I don't mind it because you'll be doing the content as well so you can passively earn it. After an expansion passes I wouldn't mind seeing something like a 5-10% boost to increase so you don't get it immediately, but faster still. If they were to implement it for older factions (which I hope they do) then I wouldn't want to see collectible in them. Just some gold and whatever else to reward you for your time. If they were to do pets/mounts then let's say for example they do one for Ashen Verdict then inside that one has a chance to reward you Invincible and the pets in the instances; still at a low rate mind you. Just gives you an extra chance on top of your usual farming.
    Oh that reminds me of another option, do you remember the account wide double rep commendations you get after hitting revered with the MoP factions, that'd be awesome as hell. Honestly more ideal than the tabards since it was account wide
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-01-09 at 10:54 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill yourself -updated 3/7/2020

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Oh that reminds me of another option, do you remember the account wide double rep commendations you get after hitting revered with the MoP factions, that'd be awesome as hell
    I would love to see those return though I could see them be better fitting at exalted with the exception that the buff stops at Exalted. If it didn't then they would make it so Paragons need 20k rep rather than 10k.

    The other option I wouldn't mind is the tabard at Exalted is BoA and allows a toon to farm rep with a faction in dungeon up to exalted. Or wearing the tabard allows double rep up to exalted.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    We get a Blue Eyes White Dragon, which is pretty sick, but where's my alpacas? I saw several colorations. I am not leaving 8.3 without an alpaca for my vulpera.
    This x1,000 plz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    As if the horde faction imbalance could be worse now we have floofy foxes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    and he's got a fat ass
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I would love to see those return though I could see them be better fitting at exalted with the exception that the buff stops at Exalted. If it didn't then they would make it so Paragons need 20k rep rather than 10k.
    I don't see any downside to the rep going to 20k instead of 10k because by the time it would affect you, you'd have the rep needed to get the commendation. The only instance I can think of is some new player coming in patch 11.0 that doesn't know about them who wants to farm paragon caches.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill yourself -updated 3/7/2020

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I don't see any downside to the rep going to 20k instead of 10k because by the time it would affect you, you'd have the rep needed to get the commendation. The only instance I can think of is some new player coming in patch 11.0 that doesn't know about them who wants to farm paragon caches.
    Well the 20k would be essentially 10k with the rep token. Like you said it would just not benefit those who come in late and don't realize it. That's why I'd prefer it to be like pre-paragon rep tokens in Legion that says "Up to Exalted". Just getting them to exalted quicker would be nice and that way there aren't any hoops past exalted to that could throw people off guard. Plus for those that are focused on one toon only they wouldn't be forced to buy the rep token either.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by imahorse View Post
    Yeah maybe an idea could be to not have faction reps in future expansions, and instead have some sort of character renown system as in other RP games. Could be fun?
    yeah..

    anyway the reput thing like it is is so old that my brother had the time to make 2 children ans see them finish their scholarship...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Reputations are fine. You don't need any reputations. Some get benefits if you do level them though.

    Recolored pets and mounts are fine because if they put unique pets or mounts behind them then you have a ton of complaining that intensifies.

    Tabards are always a reward with a faction. It's like saying "Hey you are a part of us now, here you go" for hitting exalted. No, I don't think you should get them earlier so you can spam dungeon rep. I do, however, think that at exalted it should be a BoA tabard that you can use to farm rep on your alts (up to exalted).
    for the tabard part, i dont think that a lot of people wear them.. if i see 0.1% of people on the game putting them on, i'm amazed..

    but they should do something like, heh ?! you are exalted with us ? here a reward a tabard of might ! (it could be a tabard that give you +1% critical and +5% dmg done) you know ? something that make you smile to have do this reput, ech reput having a tabard that give you different power, that would give you some high content to do for a good reason

    but heh, i dont work for blizzard ! :P

  8. #48
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    More reputation grinds... This expansion really has offered no innovation.
    "More rep grinds"
    something in literally every patch ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be.
    LOOKA THIS BOI!

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    How does saying "WoW is past its peak" help in any way shape or form? I get it. It's cool to shit on BfA because it's not a good expansion. But these fucking threads are page after page of people saying, "DAE Blizz sux" with absolutely zero thought put into what, exactly, Blizzard can do to help improve the game or make it better. It just seems like people are less interested in actually making suggestions to improve the game and more interested in empty platitudes from random internet strangers who share their same negative opinion.

    It would be easier if they didnt deliberately break what works almost every expansion for the sake of change.

    - never ever tie character power to rep grinds if its atleast not account bound
    - targetable rep via tabars like in the past for running dungeons. Could be expanded to doing raids, bgs, arenas, pet battling, open world pvp, scenarios as well.
    Generally more playstyles to earn rep are welcomed.
    - Focus on weeklies instead of dailies. Gives more leeway and is more fun overall for people with a life.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    More reputation grinds... This expansion really has offered no innovation.
    You say this as though the rep grinds from literally all previous expansions have offered anything too different
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

  11. #51
    Brewmaster Whitedragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely not behind you
    Posts
    1,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Grindy patches like this are a sign of a mmo being past its prime. Even the blindest of fanboys cant deny that wow is past its peak by now.
    I see, I see... dose that mean the S.E.L.F.I.E. patch was the high point of the game? only time we didn't get a grind...

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Grinding rep has been a thing since vanilla, and not like there is really any other way of making gaining reputations interesting..
    There is certainly a better way then doing dailies every single day...

    They can add an actual story to progress through, or dungeon kills like they have done in the past.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    There is certainly a better way then doing dailies every single day...

    They can add an actual story to progress through, or dungeon kills like they have done in the past.
    But then you get people bitching that story shouldn’t be locked behind daily progression because they only have so much time and the dungeon kills just gets rid of any need to grind it so you would instead of doing dailies just head out and kill the dungeon bosses I mean mist of Panda area was probably the last time that they even considered making any of these changes because they tried they did try to make reputations interesting but the player base bitched and moaned

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    I see, I see... dose that mean the S.E.L.F.I.E. patch was the high point of the game? only time we didn't get a grind...
    peak wow was beta patch 1.0

    ultima online killed wow, i saw it on a forum once

  15. #55
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    6,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    There is certainly a better way then doing dailies every single day...

    They can add an actual story to progress through, or dungeon kills like they have done in the past.
    The thing is all you are doing is switching one tedious way of rep grinding for another.. It was tried in the past, and can only guess why Blizzard removed it, was that like dailies people found grinding the same dungeon bosses for rep just as tedious..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •