Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by itsasharkdude View Post
    Ill wait for next gen of cpu's/gpu's and reassess then. But knowing wow, it probably wont change much
    Likely not at all.

its just not something this type of game does.

Now, you should be able to do 100+fps in the non-Epic BGs. I easily run over 120fps in WSG, AB, etc.

Its only when you get giant crowds of people that it will drop a lot (because the more people you add, you geometrically add more draw calls).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sconners88 View Post
    It took them 15 years to do anything about it. They only recently did here in BfA.

Billions of dollars. Please stop making excuses.
    Ahh, the cry of the uneducated idiot everywhere when faced with facts that disprove their point.

I accept your tacit admission that you're ignorant on the topic and wrong.

Its not an excuse.

Its not something that is unique to Blizzard even.

It affects FF14

It affects ESO

It affects GW2

It affects Rift (do people even play that shizz anymore?)

Those are all a lot newer than WoW.

It affects every other secure MMO you care to name.

It even affects other secure client-server games that AREN'T MMOs, like PUBG. (Which is why almost no shooters are secure client-server architecture; Overwatch is, and only gets away with it due to extremely limited group sizes and, like WoW, using a stylized art that allows them to cheat on heavy draw call usage for effects and still have it look good).

I mean, unless you're trying to say its some giant conspiracy between Acti-Blizz, Bethesda (though Bethesda itself doesn't develop ESO IIRC), Square Enix, the company that makes Guild Wars, et al. Theyre all -purposely- limiting their games this way, in exactly the same way.

Or, it could just be that the type of game and how it is handled means it will ALWAYS be bottlenecked by single-core CPU speed/performance (raw clock speed and high IPC).

That second one seems a lot more likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I realize that you and I are normally on the same side of a topic here, but can you please, for the sake of Baby Yoda, stop fucking spreading this insane fucking bullshit?

The engine is not "bad".

It is a limitation of ANY secure client-server game.

ANY.

Not just WoW.

PUBG has shit performance when tons of people are in the same area (the Starting area with 60+ people often drops to low double digits on even the most powerful rigs).

FF14 has tiny party sizes and heavy phasing to compensate. The big raids (when they finally ditched PS3 support) have performance similar to WoW, for the same reasons WoW has that performance.

ESO uses MASSIVE phasing. ANd in the few situations where there are lots of players on the screen? Bad performance.

GW2.... go try RvRvR just once, let me know how that works out for you.

Its not the engine. Its the limitations of the type of game it is.

If you dont force client/server parity, you open up to rampant cheating (see: Fortnite; performs a lot better than PUBG (in part due to art style > complexity/realism choices), but is FAR easier to hack or cheat) that really cant even be policed.

Pick your poison.
    GW2 and ESO are eons ahead of WoW in terms of performance. WoW doesn't have realm vs realm zerg mode because it can't even handle 40 vs 40. To reach performance issues in those 2 you are talking ridiculous numbers.

WoW has the worst performance in any MMO when it comes to big battles by far. Show me footage of WoW today where it can handle shit like this:

I gave up trying to find a vid of ESO where it isn't just some fag 1vX trolling a zerg on a godmode build, guess no one organizes like they do in GW2. There is also 0 lag in either of those games in MASSIVE zergs on open world, however WoW gets extreme ability delay constantly,. I believe its their atrocious server structure. If you had issues in WvW thats straight up your equipment not the game cuz I've never lagged there except for beta/early release. WoW can't even handle a fucking hangar fight in IoC...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Likely not at all.

its just not something this type of game does.

Now, you should be able to do 100+fps in the non-Epic BGs. I easily run over 120fps in WSG, AB, etc.

Its only when you get giant crowds of people that it will drop a lot (because the more people you add, you geometrically add more draw calls).

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, the cry of the uneducated idiot everywhere when faced with facts that disprove their point.

I accept your tacit admission that you're ignorant on the topic and wrong.

Its not an excuse.

Its not something that is unique to Blizzard even.

It affects FF14

It affects ESO

It affects GW2

It affects Rift (do people even play that shizz anymore?)

Those are all a lot newer than WoW.

It affects every other secure MMO you care to name.

It even affects other secure client-server games that AREN'T MMOs, like PUBG. (Which is why almost no shooters are secure client-server architecture; Overwatch is, and only gets away with it due to extremely limited group sizes and, like WoW, using a stylized art that allows them to cheat on heavy draw call usage for effects and still have it look good).

I mean, unless you're trying to say its some giant conspiracy between Acti-Blizz, Bethesda (though Bethesda itself doesn't develop ESO IIRC), Square Enix, the company that makes Guild Wars, et al. Theyre all -purposely- limiting their games this way, in exactly the same way.

Or, it could just be that the type of game and how it is handled means it will ALWAYS be bottlenecked by single-core CPU speed/performance (raw clock speed and high IPC).

That second one seems a lot more likely.
    Whoever is right between us (because I really don't wanna have this discussion), we can at least agree that it isn't hardware related, and that upgrading would be a waste of money