Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

With Or Against Mobile WoW

As the Title points out
    Are you with Or Against a project for WoW on Mobile? And Why?
    Here is some Screenshots of wow clones on mobile
    It feels really the same as wow and the UI isnot that bad

https://ibb.co/PFxjJjr

https://ibb.co/XWqZhQM

https://ibb.co/9pKDzQP

https://ibb.co/D7Zs4TZ

Here is some points

-Sure a Mobile WoW game wouldnot be 100% same as the PC version , Still it can be a good game that gives the Warcraft feel
    -Mobile Gaming has Advanced , and there is already fully fledged MMO's out there , so what if We got one with Blizzard Quality?
    -Games like League of legends and Call of Duty is going to Mobile , and they are a huge success
    -Mobile WoW would cater to different audience than the PC version , and wouldnot decrease subscription at all , Actually people could play Both if they want
    -It wouldnot need much resources and budget , Since the Artwork/Voiceovers/Models/Designs and System ideas is already there
    -Mobile wow would allow us to play WoW everywhere
    -If Mobile WoW was a success , the PC version would benefit greatly , As both teams can share Artwork/Designs for new Expansions , And people playing The Mobile one would like to try the PC version

What do you Think about it? And why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gee, I wonder who this poster is.

On topic, no. Hard no, in fact.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-01-06 at 05:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anybody who’s aware of retail’s issues knows that one of the main issues is the lack of depth as far as class design goes.

Porting WoW to mobile would just make classes feel even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Anybody who’s aware of retail’s issues knows that one of the main issues is the lack of depth as far as class design goes.

Porting WoW to mobile would just make classes feel even worse.
    You cant have 20+spells on mobile , but still 5 would be enough , its a simplified version of classes , its not meant to be the same

That is not a WoW Clone as much as it is a generic fantasy MMO with most likely auto pathing to objectives.

And it would need a lot of resources, you can't just port WoW as it is to a Mobile Version, and even if you could why would any company in their right mind would transfer a game with 15 years and going to it's 8th expansion port it to Mobile when it wouldn't be able to crossplay with PC.

We may get a mobile game with Warcraft's IP but not an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Gee, I wonder who this poster is.

On topic, no. Hard no, in fact.
    Why no? Care to elaborate? How would it harm you

15+ Year Old Account
    There would be many ways to do WoW well as a mobile game. You could never connect the two but you could easily make 5 person dungeon crawlers with the existing universe. I don’t think raids would be practical on mobile but hey, Fortnite has shown me I was wrong about MMO shooters on mobile. I just don’t think you could get enough coordination necessary to make up for would be griefers.

I wouldn’t want to see a whole world, find a group, level up WoW but you really could make BG’s, arena or dungeons doable on mobile as stand alone. The biggest problem is there it would be nothing more than a cash grab P2W for BG’s and arenas (Unless gear was static with a subscription.).

I’m all for it as a stand alone, mobile needs something with a strong IP to break the freemium model. Nintendo could have done it with Mario Kart but they blew it.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    That is not a WoW Clone as much as it is a generic fantasy MMO with most likely auto pathing to objectives.

And it would need a lot of resources, you can't just port WoW as it is to a Mobile Version, and even if you could why would any company in their right mind would transfer a game with 15 years and going to it's 8th expansion port it to Mobile when it wouldn't be able to crossplay with PC.

We may get a mobile game with Warcraft's IP but not an MMO.
    I know they cant just transfer it , nor there would be a cross-play as they would be different

But why alot of resources? There is many companies like above who did that MMO and stole alot of things from WoW
    Plus blizzard already has the Voiceovers/Artwork/etc there , sure it would still requires some work , but it would be minimal compared to the profit

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    There would be many ways to do WoW well as a mobile game. You could never connect the two but you could easily make 5 person dungeon crawlers with the existing universe. I don’t think raids would be practical on mobile but hey, Fortnite has shown me I was wrong about MMO shooters on mobile. I just don’t think you could get enough coordination necessary to make up for would be griefers.

I wouldn’t want to see a whole world, find a group, level up WoW but you really could make BG’s, arena or dungeons doable on mobile as stand alone. The biggest problem is there it would be nothing more than a cash grab P2W for BG’s and arenas (Unless gear was static with a subscription.).

I’m all for it as a stand alone, mobile needs something with a strong IP to break the freemium model. Nintendo could have done it with Mario Kart but they blew it.
    Raids would be hard , but dungoens not so much to make

I already played the game , Dungoens is really nice and you can move well and difficult , AoE zones and etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Against. But not because I dont want Blizzard to make mobile "games", but because mobile "games" are not games. They are mostly credit card vortexes and traps for gullible people that cant control themselves and buying every little sh!t they find. Also, it seems that blizzard is already lacking developers. Spreading them even more between real games and mobile "games" would only be one more blow to their real customers. Especially their old school players who are pretty much elitists (and honestly, they should be).
    PS. I would very much downvote this topic if I had the option, just to show Blizzard its stupid.

Heavily against, I hate phones or handheld devices for gaming. If I'm gonna game, I'm going to be at my desktop, if I'm going to be outside, I'm not going to be gaming.

Against. I'd also be against a WoW Virtual Date game - I don't want the lore to be dilluted into games I wouldn't wanna play.
    Which was also kind of the reason I had to be against Diablo Immoral.

I honestly just can't stand the gameplay of games like this on mobile platforms and the control scheme is just weird with the touch screens and doesn't feel good.

If the answer to the controls is to hook up a mouse and keyboard and a controller then why the hell would I want to be playing on mobile in the first place? Why not just play it on PC?

I just don't think the platform lends itself well to these kinds of games because of the controls, and as I said, if the answer to the controls is to hook up a peripheral to fix it I'd rather just play on PC or a "real" platform.

That said, I'm against Mobile WoW.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post

That's an interesting idea, the mobile game would calculate your character's gear and other modifiers and so your performance in dungeons/BG's/arenas would be the same as it were on PC, and since there would be no overworld to run around, maybe just a lobby, they could make more effective use of their resources and make the character models and environments better than if they tried to incorporate the entire game.

No. Because no. I like pc games. Against.

If it's free like most mobile games, sure.

I'd like a Warcraft mobile game. Not WoW though, WoW just needs to die already.

5+ Year Old Account
    i dont really care

10+ Year Old Account
    Some sort of solo / co-op dungeon crawler based on the IP, sure. World of Warcraft itself, no. Mixing PC and mobile players would be bad stuff.

I've always wondered why Blizzard didn't cash in on their art assets by creating a FB-style hidden objects game with some storylines. It would have been a hit a few years ago. Probably too late now.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."