Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Blademaster Enabrann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Ur Moms house
    Posts
    34

    Shadowlands is BFA 2.0? Reasons to be concerned...

    Now I watched this Heelvsbabyface video on Shadowlands and I completely agree with it, and I am concerned about Shadowlands essentially becoming BFA 2.0

    https://youtu.be/xftUfCXScCs?t=116


    Couple of reasons...no NEW content was announced.

    Same old, same old, World quests, Raids, Dungeons, following what BFA did which was just re-hash Legion and give it a different lick of paint...

    And that went really well.


    Apart from Torghast, which is just a solo Mythic plus dungeon, or "Covenants" which come across as just Order halls...you do the story missions, get a set of armor, and then forget they exist until the next expansion.

    Shadowlands is not looking good.

    The Sylvanas dumpster-fire is there...that is reason for alarm...the same bad story telling and ruining Iconic characters will continue.

    She literally took on the Lich King and his army and made them look like nothing more than Dungeon trash packs that you dispose of by the dozen.

    Honestly they should have made this the N'zoth expansion, because he is such an important villain, but is going to be nothing more than a Loot pinata, in an end of expansion patch, 8.3, which looks like a Re-hash patch at best.

    At worst Blizzard saw 8.2 did nothing to fix the game, and just wanna get 8.3 done and out of the way.

    What a way for an Old God to die...Boss #2783 Loot pinata in nobody cares patch 8.3.


    Now, Blizzard could add Player housing to wow, re-work professions and make new ones such as construction and carpentry.

    There has still not been a profession where you can make Bows or Staves...carpentry would be perfect.


    Add new types of content...Alterac Valley style battlegrounds...where you spend Hours gathering resources, summoning bosses, and so on...not the 7 minute zerg-fest PVE game that is AV of today, and not the miniscule non-BG that is Ashran.

    Wpvp...make it relevant.

    Let players summon catapults that they can use to invade enemy cities...

    It's called the World of WARcraft, and yet Horde and Alliance fighting each other in Wpvp is actively neglected and even discouraged.

    Have a Treasure-hunting caves, jumping obstacles, solving puzzles, etc.


    These ideas aren't new...literally every other MMORPG does some of these things to a certain degree...Blizzard has to stop re-inventing all these ideas, but actually use them.

    Overall...unless something major is announced (and it won't be), Shadowlands comes across as another BFA...copy, paste, and repeat.
    The Pyramids at Giza are arranged in the exact constellation of Orion from over 12,500 Years ago proving that they were built by Aliens.

  2. #2
    Impossible... BFA was Legion 2.0...Shadowlands by rights has to be Legion 3.0.

  3. #3
    have zero confidence the wow devs will fix the boring game play of the classes or the other issues that plague wow.

    I really hope New World annihilates wow

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    I really hope New World annihilates wow
    Spoiler: It won't

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Spoiler: It won't
    one can hope, in truth I hope that it proves to western developers/investors that they don't need to a wow clone to have a financial Juggernaut mmo, and lets be honest a lot of wow (and blizzs as a whole) stagnation is due it not having any real competitors to deal with

  6. #6
    Let's see:

    ☒ SL doesn't have AP
    ☒ SL is completely redesigning leveling to be easier on alts
    ☒ SL is not carrying over Azerite
    ☒ SL has a focus on class design, one of BfA's biggest weak spots
    ☑ Thread is by the same winner who brought us this masterpiece

    Conclusion: Move along folks.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    I watched this Heelvsbabyface video
    Stopped reading there.
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ☑ Thread is by the same winner who brought us this masterpiece
    Lol

    I expect nothing less from someone who's subbed to one of WoW's worst "content creators".
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2020-01-06 at 04:35 AM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

  8. #8
    Ok OP post is a bunch of nonsense BUT he is right about few things:

    1. redesigning leveling is not a content - it is a positive aspect that should have been done long time ago so new players can actually survive leveling
    2. Actual content they have showed is really slim. And the only (hopefully) meaningful content is torghast.
    3. Covenants are rep grinds
    4. Trying to fixing up Legion class design failures is not a content as well.
    5. Covenants are going to pigeonhole people, I bet a crate of whiskey that people will be pissed about it

    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Let's see:

    ☒ SL doesn't have AP
    It DOES! It is just on ?weekly? cap and now its called Anima power = AP.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=295991/...ma#anima-power

    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ☒ SL is completely redesigning leveling to be easier on alts
    Not a content for existing players. And not really a "content" since the fun starts at max level. Not to mention you will still be doing exact same quests as before with the exception you will level in one, chosen expansion to not hop all over the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ☒ SL is not carrying over Azerite
    Which is a minus if you mean azerite gear or should I call it properly "configurable-sets-available-not-only-from-raids".

    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ☒ SL has a focus on class design, one of BfA's biggest weak spots
    That weak spot is actually Legion but whatever. Aside from adding couple of old abilities that are minuscule, I don't see any focus on class design.

    Oh and I should mention, that dude from video is out of his mind, not worth watchin any of his videos.

  9. #9
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    .
    I am still waiting for this to come true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    I am going to make this prediction now...

    Classic will have 10 Millioon subscribers...on day 1.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Actual content they have showed is really slim. And the only (hopefully) meaningful content is torghast.
    I mean, that's already a step up from BfA, which doesn't have meaningful content at all outside the standard (Raiding, M+, PvP).
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Covenants are rep grinds
    I'd love to see your source for this.

    Even from the bare minimum that we've seen of the system, I'd say that trying to compare Covenants to Voldunai is a bit unfair.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2020-01-06 at 05:03 AM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    It DOES! It is just on ?weekly? cap and now its called Anima power = AP.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=295991/...ma#anima-power
    Mate, it really hurts your argument when your own link contradicts what you're implying:

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Wowhead: So you don't like people farming islands for 80 hours a week?

    There's no infinitely grindable system in Shadowlands. We want there to be tons of different things you can do. You can do what you want to do for anima.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Mate, it really hurts your argument when your own link contradicts what you're implying:

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Wowhead: So you don't like people farming islands for 80 hours a week?

    There's no infinitely grindable system in Shadowlands. We want there to be tons of different things you can do. You can do what you want to do for anima.
    No it doesn't. LOL. I am simply not stupid enough to fall for that.

    Lets see:
    1. Does anima power increases your power? YES
    during the course of your adventures in the Shadowlands, be gathering anima from various sources and you can put it towards a bunch of different ends. and one of those is powering up your soulbind
    2. Does anima power is essentially necessary to raise your character power? YES
    you can pick someone you want to soulbind with, and kind of trade knowledge. and so your soulbind is going to provide certain powers.
    So how is it different than previous AP?
    1. It has a weekly (presumably) cap
    2. It can be spent not only on powering up.

    Aside from that it is a character progression grind, very similar to old iterations.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    I mean, that's already a step up from BfA, which doesn't have meaningful content at all outside the standard (Raiding, M+, PvP).
    Going with that logic Legion had exact same amount of "meaningful" content. But no. BfA has warfronts and island expeditions.
    Even tho I hate warfronts I can understand why some people may like them. Because I consider islands pretty meaningful content (a content that I am doing willfully not only because I have to).

    My main problem is that blizzard just makes everything "expansion feature" so nothing really lasts.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I consider islands pretty meaningful content
    Oh...

    Well, look at the time! I'd best be heading off. You guys enjoy your bait thread.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2020-01-06 at 05:21 AM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

  14. #14
    my take is wod was horrible and then they made legion. i gave them a chance going into legion and wasn't disappointed. hopefully it works out this time but if it doesn't, i'll just unsub and wait for a good game then. i'm not going to overhype myself for no reason but i'm also not going to be pointlessly cynical about everything when we haven't even seen a potential version of the final product.

  15. #15
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,045
    Imagine listening to HeelvsBabyface and actually agreeing with that tantrum-throwing manchild.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    have zero confidence the wow devs will fix the boring game play of the classes or the other issues that plague wow.

    I really hope New World annihilates wow
    new world literaly has zero chances to ''annihilate'' wow,new world is very niche,its a sandbox,and its a very different setting

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No it doesn't. LOL. I am simply not stupid enough to fall for that.

    Lets see:
    1. Does anima power increases your power? YES

    2. Does anima power is essentially necessary to raise your character power? YES


    So how is it different than previous AP?
    1. It has a weekly (presumably) cap
    2. It can be spent not only on powering up.

    Aside from that it is a character progression grind, very similar to old iterations.
    The main criticism of AP is that it was infinitely grindable, making shit like Island farming compulsory for certain portions of the playerbase. Anima is finite which -- while you're correct that it associates to player power -- eliminates the biggest drawback players had with with AP.

  18. #18
    If Shadowlands ends up being half as good as BfA, I'll be pleasantly surprised, because right now it's looking more like WoD 2.0.

    No new race or class? Check.
    Customize options (OG races re-done) are what the art team is "primarily busy with." Check.
    Premise with potential with some serious possibility of horrible execution? Check.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    my take is wod was horrible and then they made legion. i gave them a chance going into legion and wasn't disappointed. hopefully it works out this time but if it doesn't, i'll just unsub and wait for a good game then. i'm not going to overhype myself for no reason but i'm also not going to be pointlessly cynical about everything when we haven't even seen a potential version of the final product.
    how was wod horrible?the leveling was great,the way the story was presented was a huge step up,and the raids were awsome,wod's issue was the lack of content,but what we got was great(yes even the selfie cam,to bad it didnt also come with an actual content patch lol)

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If Shadowlands ends up being half as good as BfA, I'll be pleasantly surprised, because right now it's looking more like WoD 2.0.

    No new race or class? Check.
    Customize options (OG races re-done) are what the art team is "primarily busy with." Check.
    Premise with potential with some serious possibility of horrible execution? Check.
    Some would argue that wod was better than bfa. At least the gear in wod looked nice. bfa gear looks meh at best.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •