Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Looks really nice as a vendor

    No need to calculate how many stack of 10 or 50 or 200

    Just post all my compo and VOILA !

    And we won't have our mailbox full of one stack unsold

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    But that's the problem. This doesn't fix that. If someone undercuts you by 1c now, they will be bought before you - The same way it was done before.

    People don't even have to undercut you anymore. They just have to post after you. As long as they posted after you, theirs will sell first now.

    I get the use of not scrolling through 16 pages of single-item stacks. But make the items that were posted first, sell first. If the items that are posted later sell first, you won't ever sell anything - Because EVERYONE who is CURRENTLY playing will just post the item at your price, and theirs will always sell before yours does. (IN OTHER WORDS, unless you are CURRENTLY ACTIVE AND REPOSTING YOUR ITEM CONSTANTLY, someone else might post their item and sell it before you do - At the same price.)
    That's just shortsided thinking, try to think a tiny bit further than your footstep.

    If first one sells than NOONE WILL EVER POST THE SAME THING FOR THE SAME PRICE, they will just undercut you, either way first post won't be sold first. So your argument is pointless.

    If you mean to say that the AH should force first post to sell? How the hell do you expect to regulate that? If a chinese farmer posts 200,000 herbs are we gonna be fucked for 48 hours because tough shit, we have to wait for those to sell?

    This is NOT a problem. I don't see how so many view it as such? Can you not sell your items unless you camp the AH like the other guy I replied to? You don't fix anything by making first post sell, you just don't change anything at best, and in my opinion undercutting by 1c to get on top of the list is stupid, but if you make the change you suggest then it will keep happening. And no, I don't believe the price is regulated by the 1c undercuts, it's most often brought to a spot with supply demand saturation and AH players resetting prices.

    Edit: Forgot to add, the seemingly *cancel and repost for the same price* problem is not really a problem either. We're talking about 1c here, the guy who cancelled and put it up will also do it whether its same or 1c less. It makes no difference, he will in most cases lose his deposit every time he does that though (except some items don't have deposit cost).

    I also don't understand the need to immediately sell your items on the AH, do you people pay rent or something? :P
    Last edited by Memur; 2020-01-06 at 02:05 PM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Nice change, but giving priority to auctions that were added last logic is stupid. So instead of 1c undercuts, now players are forced to simply relist their auctions every few minutes. Same thing, different semantics. Still forces players to no life auction house UI at highly competitive markets such as enchanting scrolls, so only those who can cancel and relist their auctions every few minutes get a chance to sell.

    Priority should be given to items that were put on auction house first. Like normal queue -> first posted, first sold. To prevent 1c undercuts simply set limit to undercut price, something like not allowing to undercut for less than 5% of lowest price. That would allow players to put their auctions and go play actual game instead of being forced to camp auction house.
    Doesn't it cost money to post stuff on the Auction House, so if your constantly removing items from the AH just to make sure your item sells first, aren't you going to run out of money real quick? Items that don't sell fast the system doesn't work for because then you will never end up selling your new BOE you got lucky with, and items that sell quickly there's no point either because there's a large chance that your item will sell the instant you post it.

  4. #44
    Really looking forward to this change, but even casual players would still want addons for two very compelling reasons.

    1) History. I want to know if the current prices are good, compared to what sold last week. If not, maybe I don't buy right now, or price my stuff way above the current anomalously low price.
    2) Fast posting. If you have to laboriously open your backpack, rightclick on each individual item, them click on the post button, that's a non-starter. The appraiser UI in Auctioneer is a good example of a solution to this.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    I wonder if it will be possible to 'game' this new AH, specifically as a buyer.

    For example if I wanted to buy 1000 Flasks, and they were currently selling at 100 gold each would I be able to lower the selling price by listing a few of the same flasks for sale at a drastically reduced price of 25 gold, thereby causing the AH to list any further listings at my new price point? That way I would just wait for enough items to be listed at the new price before buying.
    Nah, AH players will just buy you out and relist at 100g in your case.

    Overall I don't think it will have that much of an impact on how it works, priority to last poster at the same price is the same as undercutting by 1c which already happens when you list your stuff .. someone else lists at 1c less, then you cancel and relist at 1c less and so on. People who truly undercut (by larger amounts) or just list at their own price will still do the same.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    Yes, but if I'm understanding this correctly the AH automatically sets the price for future listings to the current lowest price. So if another person lists the same item before my 'cheap' items have sold, her items will sell for the same cheap price, unless she manually adjusts the price before listing.
    As there is always someone playing the AH, your flasks, and any place at that price won't last more than 2 seconds.

  6. #46
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    ... Auctions last 12/24/48 hours (not sure about the durations). If your thing never sells, you will HAVE TO repost it. And when you do, it will sell instantly (because in your example, everything seems to be sold instantly ). Hence, no problem.
    As long as the amount of materials added to the auction house is the same as the amount sold, last-in-first-out is a better system. But if more items are added than sold and someone post them to the auction house at odd hours, it will never be sold.

    However, that can be fixed by lowing the price and at some point the supply will match the demand.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    But that's the problem. This doesn't fix that. If someone undercuts you by 1c now, they will be bought before you - The same way it was done before.

    People don't even have to undercut you anymore. They just have to post after you. As long as they posted after you, theirs will sell first now.

    I get the use of not scrolling through 16 pages of single-item stacks. But make the items that were posted first, sell first. If the items that are posted later sell first, you won't ever sell anything - Because EVERYONE who is CURRENTLY playing will just post the item at your price, and theirs will always sell before yours does. (IN OTHER WORDS, unless you are CURRENTLY ACTIVE AND REPOSTING YOUR ITEM CONSTANTLY, someone else might post their item and sell it before you do - At the same price.)

    Not to mention this hurts price drops over time. Undercutting is how prices regulate themselves over long periods of time. New items often end up costing 10-1000x their worth at the start, and drop as people gain access to them, and start undercutting each other to get the sales. If there's ever an item worth selling now, it will remain at a high price for much longer since less people will be dropping the price to sell faster.
    It would be the same man. If they go with "the first poster at a price, sells first at that price", people will just undercut you by 1c and they would still sell before you.

  8. #48
    How bout they just bake Auctioneer or Auctionator into the game and get it over with already? then I can get rid of an Addon or 2? Just give me the option to list stuff for a few copper lower than the next guy and ill be happy.

  9. #49
    what i do not fully get yet is: how do i see or compare easily if its cheaper for me to buy i.e. 12 single items or 2 stacks of 6 or 1 stack of 12 items ?

  10. #50
    Just checked out this random and requested change. I like it...

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what i do not fully get yet is: how do i see or compare easily if its cheaper for me to buy i.e. 12 single items or 2 stacks of 6 or 1 stack of 12 items ?
    You do not need this because this no longer exists. If one person adds 12 single items, the next person adds 2 stacks of 6, it will just mean there are 24 items on the AH and you can buy for example 14 of them. In other words - you cannot post a "stack" for purchase, only an amount that will be sold in singles to everyone willing to buy.

  12. #52
    Wow, an actual new feature slipped into the xpac!

  13. #53
    Now that this has become a little easier , i hope they consider extending the strongly related tradeskill and postal and bag functionatlity.
    It would be nice to be able to ask the game for all items we have access to and where they are regardless of mailbox, bank storage, bags, or guildbanks across various characters.
    Having to scan all the locations regularly with a few alts and your main to store them in an addon is something that could be done a lot better.

    Then the references between materials and what recipes you can use them for could also be offered by the game in both directions. Scraping them and storing them in libraries is not so cool.
    For things like obliteration, scrapping, disenchanting and milling you could offer ranges instead of detailed info, similiar to how addons already do it.

    This combined would allow an extended tradeskill window to mirror complex production chains across multiple characters.

  14. #54
    This kind of reminds me of the GW2 auction house, tbh.

  15. #55
    people will complain, because this is a change and that's how people are, but this is a really good change for most people. finally we're seeing some good effects from an expac as bad as bfa, sometimes it's so bad they give up and start working on general things to move the game forward, so shoutout to bfa for being so terrible!

  16. #56
    Thanks, I hate it.

  17. #57
    I might not need my AuctionLite addon any more.

  18. #58
    There are items now that sell first despite not being cheapest if you figured out the right stack size, that'll be gone unfortunately. Overall a good change.

    But let's see how it turns out for low pop realms with a nolife goldgoblin who will have it even easier to buyout everything and sell higher. Good for suppliers but bad for buyers.

  19. #59
    Browsing through the replies, I've noticed a common theme where people believe reposting will replace undercutting. I may have missed it, but none of you remembered deposit costs. No one is going to waste a crapton of gold on deposit costs when they can simply undercut.


    addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Browsing through the replies, I've noticed a common theme where people believe reposting will replace undercutting. I may have missed it, but none of you remembered deposit costs. No one is going to waste a crapton of gold on deposit costs when they can simply undercut.
    You do know that people undercuting one another or reposting the costs are the same right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •