Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    I wonder if it will be possible to 'game' this new AH, specifically as a buyer.

For example if I wanted to buy 1000 Flasks, and they were currently selling at 100 gold each would I be able to lower the selling price by listing a few of the same flasks for sale at a drastically reduced price of 25 gold, thereby causing the AH to list any further listings at my new price point? That way I would just wait for enough items to be listed at the new price before buying.
    Nah, AH players will just buy you out and relist at 100g in your case.

Overall I don't think it will have that much of an impact on how it works, priority to last poster at the same price is the same as undercutting by 1c which already happens when you list your stuff .. someone else lists at 1c less, then you cancel and relist at 1c less and so on. People who truly undercut (by larger amounts) or just list at their own price will still do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    Yes, but if I'm understanding this correctly the AH automatically sets the price for future listings to the current lowest price. So if another person lists the same item before my 'cheap' items have sold, her items will sell for the same cheap price, unless she manually adjusts the price before listing.
    As there is always someone playing the AH, your flasks, and any place at that price won't last more than 2 seconds.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    ... Auctions last 12/24/48 hours (not sure about the durations). If your thing never sells, you will HAVE TO repost it. And when you do, it will sell instantly (because in your example, everything seems to be sold instantly ). Hence, no problem.
    As long as the amount of materials added to the auction house is the same as the amount sold, last-in-first-out is a better system. But if more items are added than sold and someone post them to the auction house at odd hours, it will never be sold.

However, that can be fixed by lowing the price and at some point the supply will match the demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    But that's the problem. This doesn't fix that. If someone undercuts you by 1c now, they will be bought before you - The same way it was done before.

People don't even have to undercut you anymore. They just have to post after you. As long as they posted after you, theirs will sell first now.

I get the use of not scrolling through 16 pages of single-item stacks. But make the items that were posted first, sell first. If the items that are posted later sell first, you won't ever sell anything - Because EVERYONE who is CURRENTLY playing will just post the item at your price, and theirs will always sell before yours does. (IN OTHER WORDS, unless you are CURRENTLY ACTIVE AND REPOSTING YOUR ITEM CONSTANTLY, someone else might post their item and sell it before you do - At the same price.)

Not to mention this hurts price drops over time. Undercutting is how prices regulate themselves over long periods of time. New items often end up costing 10-1000x their worth at the start, and drop as people gain access to them, and start undercutting each other to get the sales. If there's ever an item worth selling now, it will remain at a high price for much longer since less people will be dropping the price to sell faster.
    It would be the same man. If they go with "the first poster at a price, sells first at that price", people will just undercut you by 1c and they would still sell before you.

How bout they just bake Auctioneer or Auctionator into the game and get it over with already? then I can get rid of an Addon or 2? Just give me the option to list stuff for a few copper lower than the next guy and ill be happy.

what i do not fully get yet is: how do i see or compare easily if its cheaper for me to buy i.e. 12 single items or 2 stacks of 6 or 1 stack of 12 items ?

Just checked out this random and requested change. I like it...

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what i do not fully get yet is: how do i see or compare easily if its cheaper for me to buy i.e. 12 single items or 2 stacks of 6 or 1 stack of 12 items ?
    You do not need this because this no longer exists. If one person adds 12 single items, the next person adds 2 stacks of 6, it will just mean there are 24 items on the AH and you can buy for example 14 of them. In other words - you cannot post a "stack" for purchase, only an amount that will be sold in singles to everyone willing to buy.

Wow, an actual new feature slipped into the xpac!

Now that this has become a little easier , i hope they consider extending the strongly related tradeskill and postal and bag functionatlity.
    It would be nice to be able to ask the game for all items we have access to and where they are regardless of mailbox, bank storage, bags, or guildbanks across various characters.
    Having to scan all the locations regularly with a few alts and your main to store them in an addon is something that could be done a lot better.

Then the references between materials and what recipes you can use them for could also be offered by the game in both directions. Scraping them and storing them in libraries is not so cool.
    For things like obliteration, scrapping, disenchanting and milling you could offer ranges instead of detailed info, similiar to how addons already do it.

This combined would allow an extended tradeskill window to mirror complex production chains across multiple characters.

This kind of reminds me of the GW2 auction house, tbh.

people will complain, because this is a change and that's how people are, but this is a really good change for most people. finally we're seeing some good effects from an expac as bad as bfa, sometimes it's so bad they give up and start working on general things to move the game forward, so shoutout to bfa for being so terrible!

Thanks, I hate it.

I might not need my AuctionLite addon any more.

There are items now that sell first despite not being cheapest if you figured out the right stack size, that'll be gone unfortunately. Overall a good change.

But let's see how it turns out for low pop realms with a nolife goldgoblin who will have it even easier to buyout everything and sell higher. Good for suppliers but bad for buyers.

Browsing through the replies, I've noticed a common theme where people believe reposting will replace undercutting. I may have missed it, but none of you remembered deposit costs. No one is going to waste a crapton of gold on deposit costs when they can simply undercut.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Browsing through the replies, I've noticed a common theme where people believe reposting will replace undercutting. I may have missed it, but none of you remembered deposit costs. No one is going to waste a crapton of gold on deposit costs when they can simply undercut.
    You do know that people undercuting one another or reposting the costs are the same right?

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    You do know that people undercuting one another or reposting the costs are the same right?
    Oh, my bad. I was never good with math. I missed the part where a 1 silver undercut was the exact same value as a 53 silver deposit cost. If you repost that item, you pay another 53 silver, but I guess it's still the exact same as a 1 silver undercut. Man, I feel so dumb for not understanding that two separate numbers are equal. Thank you for correcting me.

If you repost you lose the deposit, if you undercut you lose your deposit and the amount you undercut.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    If you repost you lose the deposit, if you undercut you lose your deposit and the amount you undercut.
    If you repost you lose the deposit of the previous post. If you undercut and sell, you only lose the amount you undercut. Your deposit is refunded on sold items. Undercutting is still going to be popular.

If you repost you lose the deposit of the previous post. If you undercut and sell, you only lose the amount you undercut. Your deposit is refunded on sold items. Undercutting is still going to be popular.
    What if instead of undercutting to jump to the front of the list you post with the exact same price and you get to the front of the line but when that item is sold you get the sell? And you don't lose the amount you undercutted it by! That would be amazing wouldn't it?