Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    If you repost you lose the deposit of the previous post. If you undercut and sell, you only lose the amount you undercut. Your deposit is refunded on sold items. Undercutting is still going to be popular.
    You are assuming two different starting situations. In your repost scenario you already have an auction posted, but in your undercut scenario you don't.
    When you make an auction in the new system undercutting for small insignificant amount like 1c doesn't make any difference. Only situations where the undercut makes a difference is where the undercut is deep enough that it makes someone who would normal not buy the item want buy the item, or make other people not want to post their items for that price.

10+ Year Old Account
    It only took Blizzard 10 years to produce a pale copy of EvE's market window. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    You are assuming two different starting situations. In your repost scenario you already have an auction posted, but in your undercut scenario you don't.
    When you make an auction in the new system undercutting for small insignificant amount like 1c doesn't make any difference. Only situations where the undercut makes a difference is where the undercut is deep enough that it makes someone who would normal not buy the item want buy the item, or make other people not want to post their items for that price.
    And you are assuming there's already an auction posted in my scenario, which there isn't. I'm confused as to why you would assume that.

I have one item. My choice is to occasionally repost this one item to stay at the front of a stack of hundreds or undercut to ensure I'm the first one sold. I lose less money if I undercut.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Hell yeah im going to love the liveing shit out of this patch!

And you are assuming there's already an auction posted in my scenario, which there isn't. I'm confused as to why you would assume that.

I have one item. My choice is to occasionally repost this one item to stay at the front of a stack of hundreds or undercut to ensure I'm the first one sold. I lose less money if I undercut.
    You have an item and you want to sell it.

You go to the AH and the lowest price is lets say 10g and there are 30 of them with that price. Then you have 2 choices if you want to sell it before anyone else:

Choice 1 - You post it for 9g 99s - You have the lowest price so you are in the front of the queue for the item to be sold.

Choice 2 - You post it for 10g - You still have the lowest price and you are still in the front of the queue for the item to be sold.

In each case if no one posts another item like yours in the AH before anyone wants to buy it yours will be sold first. By choosing option 1 you just devalued your item by 1s without any reason for it.

The same logic applies if someone posts that item before you sell it.

So if you want to remove your item from the listings and post it again so you are back in the front of the queue you will lose the deposit of the first auction.

If you're talking about undercutting for a good amount to make a fast sell, for example the item is at 10g in AH and you list it for 6g to make a fast sell, that is not the same that was being talked about, that is a complete diferent kind of undercutting. What was being discussed was the undercut by the smallest margin, either be it 1s or 1c to just be at the front of the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    You have an item and you want to sell it.

You go to the AH and the lowest price is lets say 10g and there are 30 of them with that price. Then you have 2 choices if you want to sell it before anyone else:

Choice 1 - You post it for 9g 99s - You have the lowest price so you are in the front of the queue for the item to be sold.

Choice 2 - You post it for 10g - You still have the lowest price and you are still in the front of the queue for the item to be sold.

In each case if no one posts another item like yours in the AH before anyone wants to buy it yours will be sold first. By choosing option 1 you just devalued your item by 1s without any reason for it.

The same logic applies if someone posts that item before you sell it.

So if you want to remove your item from the listings and post it again so you are back in the front of the queue you will lose the deposit of the first auction.

If you're talking about undercutting for a good amount to make a fast sell, for example the item is at 10g in AH and you list it for 6g to make a fast sell, that is not the same that was being talked about, that is a complete diferent kind of undercutting. What was being discussed was the undercut by the smallest margin, either be it 1s or 1c to just be at the front of the queue.
    Both undercutting types are still desirable than hoping no one posts in the stack in front of you. On very popular items, there will be someone in front of you in the stack within a minute after posting.

Both undercutting types are still desirable than hoping no one posts in the stack in front of you. On very popular items, there will be someone in front of you in the stack within a minute after posting.
    If you are going get in front of the queue anyways, how is undercutting for 1c going to help you?

Still missing a "Toy" category.

Why couldn't they alphabetize it, like Trade drop down?
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2020-01-06 at 07:17 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    So it's pretty much the same as Guild Wars 2 auction house now....
    Diablo 3 had the similar Auction house system way back.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    So it's pretty much the same as Guild Wars 2 auction house now....
    Unfortunately it isn't completely like it, I wish we could place buy orders below what is currently being offered like in GW2

Just in time for Blizzard to remove access to the auction house mount. You'd think after spending all this development time on redoing the auction house system, they'd want more people to have access to it, but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    If you are going get in front of the queue anyways, how is undercutting for 1c going to help you?
    There's no guarantee I'm going to get bought out before someone else posts into the stack. Undercutting is an acceptable cost to ensure being bought, there's no difference between the old AH and new AH in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Just in time for Blizzard to remove access to the auction house mount. You'd think after spending all this development time on redoing the auction house system, they'd want more people to have access to it, but I guess not.
    AH mount goes away in 9.0. We have at least 6-8 months left to get it.

This will be great when the next expansion starts. The AH will actually be usable

There's no guarantee I'm going to get bought out before someone else posts into the stack. Undercutting is an acceptable cost to ensure being bought, there's no difference between the old AH and new AH in this matter.
    If you undercut by 1C, you have just re-defined the lowest cost of the item to your undercut. All posters after you are going to post into your stack, and you'll still be at the back of the line. Undercutting didn't keep you at the front of the line. It adjusted where the line starts, and people are still going to cut in front of you.

You're treating this as if you undercutting is a special thing only you can do. What happens is this:

Scenario 1: You post a 100 stack of items for 10G per 1 with the current lowest cost being 10G. You are now at the front of the line.
    Another person posts a 500 stack of items for 10G and are now in front of you in the line. Your item won't get sold unless you re-list the item, or the 500 items in front of you sell first.

Scenario 2: You post a 100 stack of items for 9G 99S per 1, with the current lowest cost being 10G. You are now at the front of the line.
    Another person posts a 500 stack of items for 9G 99S and are now at the lowest , because that is the new lowest price, which you just set by undercutting. Your item won't get sold unless you re-list the item, or the 500 items in front of you sell first.

In both scenarios, the only way you can get out in front and get your item sold is if A you relist your item or B the items in front of you sell.

Because why the hell would anyone list their items at the second lowest cost currently on the AH, and not the lowest cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Gleem View Post
    If you undercut by 1C, you have just re-defined the lowest cost of the item to your undercut. All posters after you are going to post into your stack, and you'll still be at the back of the line. Undercutting didn't keep you at the front of the line. It adjusted where the line starts, and people are still going to cut in front of you.

You're treating this as if you undercutting is a special thing only you can do. What happens is this:

Scenario 1: You post a 100 stack of items for 10G per 1 with the current lowest cost being 10G. You are now at the front of the line.
    Another person posts a 500 stack of items for 10G and are now in front of you in the line. Your item won't get sold unless you re-list the item, or the 500 items in front of you sell first.

Scenario 2: You post a 100 stack of items for 9G 99S per 1, with the current lowest cost being 10G. You are now at the front of the line.
    Another person posts a 500 stack of items for 9G 99S and are now at the lowest , because that is the new lowest price, which you just set by undercutting. Your item won't get sold unless you re-list the item, or the 500 items in front of you sell first.

In both scenarios, the only way you can get out in front and get your item sold is if A you relist your item or B the items in front of you sell.

Because why the hell would anyone list their items at the second lowest cost currently on the AH, and not the lowest cost?
    That's how the market works. The price fluctuates. Undercutting is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Nice change, but giving priority to auctions that were added last logic is stupid. So instead of 1c undercuts, now players are forced to simply relist their auctions every few minutes. Same thing, different semantics. Still forces players to no life auction house UI at highly competitive markets such as enchanting scrolls, so only those who can cancel and relist their auctions every few minutes get a chance to sell.

Priority should be given to items that were put on auction house first. Like normal queue -> first posted, first sold. To prevent 1c undercuts simply set limit to undercut price, something like not allowing to undercut for less than 5% of lowest price. That would allow players to put their auctions and go play actual game instead of being forced to camp auction house.
    Guild Wars 2 gets around this problem by allowing buyers to post price points too. So a seller sees a list of wanted items with gold posted. If they sell an item they can instantly sell to a listing from a buyer, or they can price theirs at the buy values hoping someone buys.

Conversely, a buyer posting is taking the chance that someone else will offer to buy for more than them.

As an example: say sellers are posting stacks of flasks for 1000g - next lowest sell would be 995g for a stack and you are hoping someone won’t try to sell for 990g.

OR, you can take your flask stack and sell to the highest buyer bid, say for 900g. Your profit margin is 90g less, true, but you don’t have to gamble on someone undercutting you (so you sell nothing and thus have no profit at all).
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2020-01-06 at 08:24 PM.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Only took em 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyoss View Post
    You do not need this because this no longer exists. If one person adds 12 single items, the next person adds 2 stacks of 6, it will just mean there are 24 items on the AH and you can buy for example 14 of them. In other words - you cannot post a "stack" for purchase, only an amount that will be sold in singles to everyone willing to buy.
    but how wanna ppl then play the AH game well ? this in fact kills a part of existing game ppl like. or what i am missing here ?

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    That seems like a very good system!
    Yeah GW2 has a really robust player driven economy/auction system... I don’t get why blizzard is only implementing half of their system. Maybe the buyer side will come in Shadowlands?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation