Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    We already have an incredibly high uptime on that. What makes you say it'd be an insane DPS increase to increase it slightly? I'm curious.
    You can multi-target multi-dot so much better with it.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    You can multi-target multi-dot so much better with it.
    ...You're not serious right. Please tell me you're not.

  3. #23
    I think with enough versatility we could be on par with boomkins in multi dot scenarios with this new 2s cdr bow?

  4. #24
    Immortal Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    7,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestaraa View Post
    I think with enough versatility we could be on par with boomkins in multi dot scenarios with this new 2s cdr bow?
    Oh man it's like the WOD survival hunter all over again! Except with bleeds! Might as well get rid of all our crit and pump it into haste/mastery!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    ...You're not serious right. Please tell me you're not.
    You are forgetting about Feeding Frenzy.

    Feeding frenzy with decent haste and vers/crit (all the stats that we already wanted) turns us into multi-dotting spreadcleave GODS.

    Our dots are likely to be better than boomkins and affliction locks.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Message from the proper math wizards: In a scenario where you *DO NOT* use any defensives, it is a competitive option that beats most other effects after this most recent buff.

    In a real world scenario it is a lot more questionable, especially because you will likely have your utility/defensive spells on CD quite a lot *due* to corruption; Disengage+Posthaste breaks the slow, trap/feign death counters the thing from beyond, and 100% mobility makes it possible for BM to stack more corruption than any other class purely based on "what can they handle being thrown at them". But the more we have to use our utility and defensive tools to counter higher corruption, the less useful the bow becomes.

    (also yes it procs on literally ANY hunter spell - even shit like Flare).

    I have no idea how often the corruption stuff procs. But if we can use our defensive tools to counter them, wouldn't the bow grant indirect DPS gain because it's easier to handle the corruption mechanics due to having more tools available more often?

    Or is perhaps the cooldown on our utility stuff already short enough for those?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-01-11 at 12:13 PM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I have no idea how often the corruption stuff procs. But if we can use our defensive tools to counter them, wouldn't the bow grant indirect DPS gain because it's easier to handle the corruption mechanics due to having more tools available more often?

    Or is perhaps the cooldown on our utility stuff already short enough for those?
    Unlikely that it will result in an appreciable DPS increase because of reduced defensives CD. Corruption will probably be stacked to a point where you can survive it either way, because getting caught with a defensive off CD (or used for other fight mechanics) and then dying to overstacked corruption is unacceptable. The nature of CD availability and the randomness of the CD reduction means it's not a smooth gain, and you can't afford spikes you couldn't survive without defensives.

  8. #28
    any idea how a mythic warforged shiver crossbow might compare to a heroic version of the corrupted bow?

    not super important in the long run, just a bit curious :P

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    any idea how a mythic warforged shiver crossbow might compare to a heroic version of the corrupted bow?

    not super important in the long run, just a bit curious :P
    Per current Raidbot sims the Shiver Venom is crazy, and a heck of a lot better than the Eldritch bow.
    Now that I've played the patch a bit (and bloodmallet etc are starting to update) I can see why this bow is gonna be less than mandatory.
    Seeing as it's 35 Corruption, you could spend that elsewhere. If you get Stars, Voidtear or Severe stacks it looks to provide more consistent damage overall.
    If the Eldritch bow gave halfway decent stats then the situation would be markedly different.

    Edit: apparently I suck at simming and the raidbots gear compare wasn't factoring the sim of the corruption affix?
    Last edited by DazManianDevil; 2020-01-15 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    As if the horde faction imbalance could be worse now we have floofy foxes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    and he's got a fat ass

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Per current Raidbot sims the Shiver Venom is crazy, and a heck of a lot better than the Eldritch bow.
    Now that I've played the patch a bit (and bloodmallet etc are starting to update) I can see why this bow is gonna be less than mandatory.
    Seeing as it's 35 Corruption, you could spend that elsewhere. If you get Stars, Voidtear or Severe stacks it looks to provide more consistent damage overall.
    If the Eldritch bow gave halfway decent stats then the situation would be markedly different.

    Edit: apparently I suck at simming and the raidbots gear compare wasn't factoring the sim of the corruption affix?
    The fact it includes defensive CDs is a big part of the problem. I wouldn’t gaurantee it would be amazing if they made it offensive abilities, or even just AotW, CDs. It would, however, go a long way to up it’s value to that of the other weapons in the raid.
    I would say that if you get one to hang on to it as I can see Blizzard adjusting it 1/2 to 2/3 of the way thru the raid lifespan.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The fact it includes defensive CDs is a big part of the problem. I wouldn’t gaurantee it would be amazing if they made it offensive abilities, or even just AotW, CDs. It would, however, go a long way to up it’s value to that of the other weapons in the raid.
    I would say that if you get one to hang on to it as I can see Blizzard adjusting it 1/2 to 2/3 of the way thru the raid lifespan.
    Agreed, I'll be keeping at least a bag full of random corrupted pieces until I get a set dialed in.
    I will say the way the bow works is growing on me. I haven't checked my personal logs but given how much haste you get during bloodlust I imagine you get off a fair number of auto shots, and that's generally a section of the fight where you won't be using your utility much anyway, allowing for decent uptime of offensive cdr.
    I haven't looked into the new fights much, here's hoping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    As if the horde faction imbalance could be worse now we have floofy foxes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    and he's got a fat ass

  12. #32
    Is there any way to track the procs? I tried and tried from the yesterday hitting dummy in Orgri with cool downs always on and it does not work at all it seems. Never get the corruption effect, no Whispering truths proc in Details Auras section, no visual just.... nothing?

  13. #33
    Dreadlord Sativex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    404 - Not Found
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Is there any way to track the procs? I tried and tried from the yesterday hitting dummy in Orgri with cool downs always on and it does not work at all it seems. Never get the corruption effect, no Whispering truths proc in Details Auras section, no visual just.... nothing?
    I never saw a visual, but did see my cooldowns go down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    I never saw a visual, but did see my cooldowns go down.
    How do you see it? I am trying it with Aspect of The Wild and so far either I am not attentive enough, either the proc is very rare.

  15. #35
    It doesn't proc from every shot. shame. It's written as it should.

  16. #36
    Ok, sorry for the confusion - I switched my Omni CC to MM:SS format for abilities with the cooldown above 300 s and indeed I see how the time "jumps" every shot. Case closed, it works .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •