Poll: Greatest superhero movie scene ever?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm going to go with Quicksilver in Apocalypse. The movie wasn't good, but that sequence was a lot of fun and, in my opinion, an improvement over the previous version. I've gone back to watch it a few times since I saw the movie, and every now and then I find some small detail that I had missed before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Gotta be this one, from Avegers:

There were many "beginning" moments, in phase 1 of the MCU, but this felt like the first time that the heroes really came together and BECAME the Avengers. Great scene.
    I forgot how epic that was. Goodness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    The Hulk's Puny God scene (The Avengers)
    This..... so much this.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

sorry but... I win.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account

For all the flows of the movie, Man of Steel's Superman's First Flight is wonderfully executed.

Because :
    - Music
    - Henry Cavill is perfect as Superman imo
    - Russel Crowe's dialogue behind
    - General Art (lights, pacing, cape's movements...)
    Everything is fine-tuned in this sequence.

I loved Ragnarok's Thor's entrance in the end but I've always found the musics didn't fit the movie at all.
    I think Justice League's confrontation between the team and Superman could have fit in there too. I also loved the introduction (story of Steppenwolf, and Steppenwolf attacking the Amazons to retrieve the motherbox). Too bad the rest of the movie didn't follow its great intro.
    Maybe some other scenes from GotG could have fit as well : Yondu's death, Yondu's funeral, one of my personal preferred is this one :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yOBa2h5bdk
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2020-01-08 at 12:32 PM.

None of those. It's Magneto at the pub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPWGCmiRPOo

The build up, the music, the crescendo. Perfection. Hands down the best scene in any of the X-men films.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'm going to go with Quicksilver in Apocalypse. The movie wasn't good, but that sequence was a lot of fun and, in my opinion, an improvement over the previous version. I've gone back to watch it a few times since I saw the movie, and every now and then I find some small detail that I had missed before.
    Seconded. The best part of a mediocre movie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

sorry but... I win.
    Arguably I would say the moments right before that are the greater superhero scene. Captain America securing his broken shield and standing against an army alone is the more super heroic moment in my opinion.

There's so many great ones, but it's the train scene from Spider-Man 2 for me. Still the pinnacle.

Too many in the MCU to count. Wonder Woman crossing No Man's Land is some peak superhero shit too. I love both of Quicksilver's scenes even if that film series was on its last legs at the time. A bunch in Dark Knight to be honest. Oh, Miles Morales' leap of faith too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    My favourite superhero scene is in Thor: Ragnarök when Thor shows up on Asgard and when Karl Urban’s character finally arrives late to the party, Loki goes “You had one job! Just the one!” And the delivery is so perfect.
    Speaking of perfect delivery, Anthony Hopkins pretending to be Loki pretending to be Odin. Look at all his little mannerisms lol, must've been the most fun he ever had with the role. Love his little "oh shit".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    None of those. It's Magneto at the pub.
    Fair play, that is a GREAT scene. First Class is such an underrated film. Wish the rest of the franchise had been that good...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

While I love every option you provided, my favorite is from Avengers Age of Ultron when Vision, Iron Man, and Thor all use their energy beams together to defeat Ultron. I'm a huge anime fan, and it was the first time I remember seeing a combined energy attack in a live action setting.

7+ Year Old Account
    My fav scene is from Justice League Unlimited. Flash, the goof ball of the team, gets his shit together and solos Luthor-Brainiac with epic music in the background.

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The scene in spiderman homecoming and Tom Holland is all "if you really cared you'd be here" to the ironman suit thinking Tony is just using jarvis and then out steps Robert fucking downy Jr and Tom is all wha wha what!?

I like the smaller well acted scenes and without those types of scenes and marvels daddy/human issues the big action moments wouldn't work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    The Hulk's Puny God scene (The Avengers)
    This. I was laughing so hard I cried when I saw this the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

GotG Vol.1: Escape from prison.

Fantastic scene,it has everything a "team assembles for the first time" scene needs.

It starts looking like a classic heist movie "let's explain the plan" scene from Rocket but suddenly in the background Groot takes the energy cell and everything start moving...fast. It's intense, it has this "Why the fuck did they got trapped there?" question, it's funny ( Rocket laughing his ass off because Quill actually bought the mechanic leg),it's surprising...i love it.
    Last edited by PrimiOne; 2020-01-08 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Arguably I would say the moments right before that are the greater superhero scene. Captain America securing his broken shield and standing against an army alone is the more super heroic moment in my opinion.
    I'd be inclined to agree, but the music for the Avengers assemble scene is what does it for me. That music was the absolute finest piece of cinematic scoring (as it pertains to the context of the scene it's playing) I've ever heard.

Plus Chris Evans' acting throughout that scene.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2020-01-08 at 09:34 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Im surprised how quicksilver and yondu arent topping the list. they are definitely my choices.

If I want to pick a third from the list I would pick thor ragnarok, the combination of scene and the music always gives me a hyperactive feeling.

EDIT: also why Logan last fighting scene isnt in the pole? I think it deserve to be on the best scenes.
    Last edited by LuminaL; 2020-01-08 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    That wide angle shot from a distance of Capt. America standing alone against the whole army is the pinnacle of what it should mean to be a hero. The scene you mention doubles as a great movie imagery in general on top of a superhero one, as you need zero dialogue/exposition to understand everything that is going on in just one short sequence. Best part is that there's zero over-the-top action or even fighting in this one scene, and it doesn't feel like a contrived image (unlike all the group shots that follow later, they feel artificial and fan-serviced instead of natural).

There are a couple other scenes that are great, but I tend to lean towards ones that don't have much action or fighting in them... maybe due to over-saturation and misuse of action/fighting to replace good storytelling? It's akin to the Joker scene in Dark Knight, as on the surface it's simple yet it conveys so much through the scene about the situation and who the Joker is himself. While a bunch of the over-the-top action scenes can be cool and entertaining, they're usually one-dimensional or schlocky... which isn't bad as that can be fun in itself. Movies are just getting to the point where the creators throw a bunch of fast-moving CGI and expect it to be a replacement for or adequately cover up a lack of story/plot/etc.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville