Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadowlands releasing after Amazon's New World

And not having a new class or anything exciting or "features" that don't mess with people's ways of playing the game via time gating or locking players into a single toon/spec for 2 years, no account-wide reps and not having to wait for 2 years to unlock flying means that most people who are hungry for an exciting new MMORPG experience will probably bleed whatever is left of the player base to Amazon's shiny next gen "New World" MMORPG that is releasing in a few months, April 1st if you pre-purchase.

I don't get why Blizzard must dictate choices like an angry parent would do to an uncontrollable child. It's not very complicated to understand, classes/specs give the game a whole new dimension and allow for 36 different ways of enjoying the game at the most basic level, why not just let people enjoy the endless variety without being chained?

I haven't had so much fun in my entire 15 years of playing wow like I have been recently while leveling up alts in the Korrak event AV. Especially as a PVE player, I got to enjoy PVP-only abilities that added so much more enjoyment to the otherwise quick-to-get-boring rotation.

I really don't understand the logic, if anyone can explain the reasons behind such strict rules when it comes to playing a main vs an alt, please enlighten me!

It never gets old if I feel super excited to switch between specs and classes and not feel held back, it means I keep playing wow forever and never get bored because I'm playing not one rotation, but 36 different rotations ALL THE TIME. It's impossible to get bored with that.

What does Amazon have to do with anything? Well, it's a no monthly sub game costing only 40 bucks...and it is said to allow a single toon to be any "class" they want to be by simply changing their weapon...even in combat. It's classless I know. It has housing, one of a few major features WoW does not have yet. It seems to promise to be giving the players a lot more choice than WoW currently does.
    Last edited by dontruinwow; 2020-01-07 at 05:58 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another WoW killer to the body pile
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this too shall pass.

It hurts my brain reading your text.

What does amazon has to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    It hurts my brain reading your text.

What does amazon has to do with anything?
    ...They're the ones making it.

Think WoW's pretty much surviving off its regular players at this point, not drawing new players all that much. That's just my assumption anyways. Still millions of players either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    ...They're the ones making it.
    What? Explain this to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontruinwow View Post
    And not having a new class or anything exciting or "features" that don't mess with people's ways of playing the game via time gating or locking players into a single toon/spec for 2 years, no account-wide reps and not having to wait for 2 years to unlock flying means that most people who are hungry for an exciting new MMORPG experience will probably bleed whatever is left of the player base to Amazon's shiny next gen "New World" MMORPG that is releasing in a few months, April 1st if you pre-purchase.

I don't get why Blizzard must dictate choices like an angry parent would do to an uncontrollable child. It's not very complicated to understand, classes/specs give the game a whole new dimension and allow for 36 different ways of enjoying the game at the most basic level, why not just let people enjoy the endless variety without being chained?

I haven't had so much fun in my entire 15 years of playing wow like I have been recently while leveling up alts in the Korrak event AV. Especially as a PVE player, I got to enjoy PVP-only abilities that added so much more enjoyment to the otherwise quick-to-get-boring rotation.

I really don't understand the logic, if anyone can explain the reasons behind such strict rules when it comes to playing a main vs an alt, please enlighten me!

It never gets old if I feel super excited to switch between specs and classes and not feel held back, it means I keep playing wow forever and never get bored because I'm playing not one rotation, but 36 different rotations ALL THE TIME. It's impossible to get bored with that.
    I couldn't care less about New World or whatever its called. Literally zero interest. I'm not throwing away 15 years of friendships, guild history, class/world/lore knowledge, etc for 'shiny next gen' graphics. I have plenty of games already scratching that itch.

As for Blizz 'dictating' how we play their game, well what do you expect? It is THEIR game, not yours. You can't go to Disney world and just do whatever the fuck you want, now can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    What? Explain this to me.
    Amazon game studies, new world is their voyage game - sandbox mmo with a lot of survival game like mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Another WoW killer to the body pile
    completely different mmo types of game

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/8/182...on-controversy

This? Na, i wouldn't trade the wow i know for something like this.

And i think blizzard has amazing graphics and zones already. As for classes, i'm one of the people that don't want those 36 classes.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    and not having to wait for 2 years to unlock flying
    if it takes you 2 years to unlock flying, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Amazon game studies, new world is their voyage game - sandbox mmo with a lot of survival game like mechanics

completely different mmo types of game
    I get it, i went to check it out, didn't even had idea what he was talking about.
    But still my question was like what does that have to do with anything about classes so on or whatever would be that "amazon". When he said "they are the ones making it" i thought he meant they are making shadowlands. Got more confused than before.

What does Amazon have to do with anything? Well, it's a no monthly sub game costing only 40 bucks...and it is said to allow a single toon to be any "class" they want to be by simply changing their weapon...even in combat. It's classless I know. It has housing, one of a few major features WoW does not have yet. It seems to promise to be giving the players a lot more choice that WoW currently does.
    Whatever, Bezos, go shill your trash game somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's basically Greedfall on steroids...

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe its time for you to admit to yourself that Wow might not be the game for you any longer and made the decision to move on.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

That game looks.... bloody awful.

What does Amazon have to do with anything? Well, it's a no monthly sub game costing only 40 bucks...and it is said to allow a single toon to be any "class" they want to be by simply changing their weapon...even in combat. It's classless I know. It has housing, one of a few major features WoW does not have yet. It seems to promise to be giving the players a lot more choice than WoW currently does.

That system and even the name sounds very much like The Secret World: No sub, classes only detemined by weapon set. Which was a good game, don't get me wrong, but it failed (mostly because there was no new content) and then got rebooted as a money grab to fail even more miserably.

If you think Blizzard fears this little game you are mistaken. Many a game has tried to be the WoW-Killer and all have failed. Especially games without subs do not stand a chance for the simple reason that they do not earn enough money to make new content at a decent pace. Unless you expect Amazon to finance the game for the heck of it, it will enter the same cycle these games always do:

People are hyped and buy and play, then they finish the content, meanwhile only a fraction of the playerbase has thrown money at the cash-shop, people wait on new content for some time, but especially because there is no sub, they play less and less, group content becomes harder to finish because the numbers go down, even less people buy from the cash shop. Money for the development of new content gets tighter and tighter and Amazon wants it's share of the profit, less and less content gets produced. Players finish the new content even faster and go on break even earlier.... even less money for development... and so on.

Housing and all that no class talk is cute, but when the game does not deliver enough content it will fail, as all it's predecessors did. People will not just log in to look at their cozy houses.

I agree, WOW should go F2P or at least B2P.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Amazon's New World is nothing like WoW. Its release won't affect Shadowlands' success (or failure) in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    I agree, WOW should go F2P or at least B2P.
    I liked the idea.

You can even make purchasable patches (which will be a good incentive to blizz to release them in shorter intervals).

For me, the current sub system is too negative. If you're unable to play enough to "justify" sub fee - you simply quit. Other side of the coin is - I paid for it so I'm obligated to play to make it count.