Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Why is Ricky Gervais a far right wing nut job now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCNdTLHZAeo

Why is Ricky Gervais all of a sudden going super hard full right wing trash babble? He has been rallying far right fascists for months now and the Golden Globes hosting was the last confirmation of that. "Don't use this platform for any political speech" ( basically doesn't want anyone to talk shit on Trump to the masses ) - Its crazy NBC let him host anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

7+ Year Old Account
    The right has a grifter problem. I'll refrain from expressing my opinion as to why this is the case, lest I get thwarted.

I seriously hope you don't think anyone is convinced by this.

But I guess since there's such a dearth of right-wing comedians, right-wingers would have to capitalize on him saying anything that they even remotely agree with. All the while screeching about how politics should stay out of their entertainment.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-01-07 at 05:50 AM.

Ricky Gervais is an asshole...but that doesn't make him Right wing. The real problem is people that think that if you aren't all the way over on their side...you must be all the way over on the other side.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is fracking ridiculous.

He was criticizing the rich and privileged, for conduct that has contributed to global inequalities.

That's a pretty left-wing position for attack. That the individuals in question also tend to lean left just shows that they're not that ideologically consistent in their own behaviour and practices. There's a lot of "oh, I donated some petty cash to another rich person's charitable project, so I'm totes enlightened and you should ignore my four mansions and three private jets and friendship with Saudi oil barons" going on out there.

I still think Gervais is more than a little bit of a hypocrite since he's just as responsible for this kind of shit as anyone he targeted, but to argue that he's a right-wing nutjob is absolutely fucking bananas.

"The Golden Globes is, to the Oscar, what Kim Kardashian is to Kate Middleton. Louder, trashier and more easily bought."

And he has hosted it only 5 times, while reading a script mostly. I honestly do not understand, why certain circles now start to attempt, sucking his dick.
    Nothing he said is revolutionary. Nothing he said is brave. He is invite to host that show multiple times.

Also kind of sad, that his most popular jokes the last few times are crappy Internet memes. Nothing clever. Just browsing 9gag or 4chan...

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    to argue that he's a right-wing nutjob is absolutely fucking bananas.
    Jecht doesn't believe that. This is at least the second time he's made a post like this pretending to criticize someone from a left-wing position...even though his entire post history is probably as far to the right as it gets on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Jecht doesn't believe that. This is at least the second time he's made a post like this pretending to criticize someone from a left-wing position...even though his entire post history is probably as far to the right as it gets on these forums.
    Believe whatever you want bro. Answer me this. Why would he say to not use their platform for political speeches? Trump needs to answer for all his bullshit. Other people tied to Trump need to be called out ( Like a lot of people at these events do ) So why be cool with shutting all of them up. So you support Gervais view of shutting up about politics and digging your head in the sand or just agreeing with Trump. Wow how the mighty have fallen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    Believe whatever you want bro. Answer me this. Why would he say to not use their platform for political speeches? Trump needs to answer for all his bullshit. Other people tied to Trump need to be called out ( Like a lot of people at these events do ) So why be cool with shutting all of them up. So you support Gervais view of shutting up about politics and digging your head in the sand or just agreeing with Trump. Wow how the mighty have fallen.
    does this seem familiar?
    If Trump and him being a piece of shit ruins your emotional state here too much I would leave if I was you too. All good homie. Peace

It was more about getting on with the night rather than the winner going on about whatever they felt like.

His whole thing was about calling out the rich and the actors for being suckers to various companies than anything else. He's about as far right as I am a dresser drawer.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is fracking ridiculous.

He was criticizing the rich and privileged, for conduct that has contributed to global inequalities.

That's a pretty left-wing position for attack. That the individuals in question also tend to lean left just shows that they're not that ideologically consistent in their own behaviour and practices. There's a lot of "oh, I donated some petty cash to another rich person's charitable project, so I'm totes enlightened and you should ignore my four mansions and three private jets and friendship with Saudi oil barons" going on out there.

I still think Gervais is more than a little bit of a hypocrite since he's just as responsible for this kind of shit as anyone he targeted, but to argue that he's a right-wing nutjob is absolutely fucking bananas.
    I don't think it's hypocritical. If he said that flying is a major factor in climate change and flew a plane everywhere(like Dicaprio says and does), you could easily call him out on his hypocrisy. But he's not doing that. He's pointing out that all those people in that room are monsters. The rich hollywood elite are the embodiment of everything that's wrong with this world. Anyone that's legitimately in favor of left wing politics should side with Ricky here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Pretty sure he said that specifically to companies like apple and Amazon in case they win an award. Said something like "apple has child sweat shops in china and suicide nets so dont be lecturing us about how woke you are and tell us your political bullshit" or something like that. It was hilarious because the camera panned to Tim Cook during that. You COMPELTELY missed the point.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-07 at 07:43 AM.

Because you're a rabid far left wing nutjob so everyone is a far right nutjob to you.

You're trying this shtick on the wrong person.

I don't particularly get the "Epstein was your mate" gag, I'd have thought of all the people out there if a Hollywood star wanted to fuck some children they wouldn't have to leave their hotel room let alone leave LA to fly to some island, same with music superstars and sportsmen. Not to dwell too much on it but figure his services were more for the "old and skanky but disgustingly rich nonetheless" types than the who's-who? of most fuckable people on the planet...

Other than that seemed pretty standard Gervais
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The dude voted for the British Communist Party (Labour) in 2017. How is he far right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCNdTLHZAeo

Why is Ricky Gervais all of a sudden going super hard full right wing trash babble? He has been rallying far right fascists for months now and the Golden Globes hosting was the last confirmation of that. "Don't use this platform for any political speech" ( basically doesn't want anyone to talk shit on Trump to the masses ) - Its crazy NBC let him host anything.
    I don't see how that makes him a far right wing nut job I am far from one and I agree with him, a lot of these companies virtue signal on politics while doing horrible things themselves or having an executive suite where people of color don't advance. If you are taking their paychecks you have no room to get all high and mighty when you get on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I don't particularly get the "Epstein was your mate" gag, I'd have thought of all the people out there if a Hollywood star wanted to fuck some children they wouldn't have to leave their hotel room let alone leave LA to fly to some island, same with music superstars and sportsmen. Not to dwell too much on it but figure his services were more for the "old and skanky but disgustingly rich nonetheless" types than the who's-who? of most fuckable people on the planet...

Other than that seemed pretty standard Gervais
    I think the "Epstein was your mate" bit was aimed at the claims that nearly all of Hollywood knew what he was doing, but didn't say anything until after it came to the public eye; after which they were clamoring to decry him.

- - - Updated - - -

Here in the UK we know Gervais as a fairly left wing big mouth. He's a comedian who's made his career from nothing, by being an exaggerated caricature of himself. The original Office is a testament to this, and as he became wealthier and more famous he played on that theme and ego in his live shows. Whenever there is a camera on him, he's in character and amped up to 11.

He doesn't make bones about being a hypocrite either, but he does believe in and support some very worthwhile causes.

So no, he's not a right wing nut or a left wing nut. He stood up at a repeat gig that he doesn't need (he doesn't do this show for the money), said a bunch of things he believes in as "jokes", and is continuing to see what he can get away with saying and keep getting invited back. He stands there and basically calls the "Hollywood Elite" rich, money grubbing, paedophile harbouring, common-person-resenting, egomaniacs; and they all sit around clapping and laughing, thinking "Yeah those elites really are bad, he really showed them"; either consciously ignoring the fact or unconsciously unaware that those elites are themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Neryaf View Post
    I think the "Epstein was your mate" bit was aimed at the claims that nearly all of Hollywood knew what he was doing, but didn't say anything until after it came to the public eye; after which they were clamoring to decry him.
    There's a long list(flight logs) of celebrities that flew on his private jet with him to his island.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave it to the Politics forum no-lifers to try to make a mountain out of mud from this one.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-07 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming