Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What a loss. The only well designed battleground thanks to same powerlevel for everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    My In game calendar says the event ends at 4am Tuesday Jan 7th. What does yours say?

This is why I am so against the mob scaling, I think it punishes you for leveling outside of their desired path.
    i mean in most situations you would get gear, but doing this one BG to level you get ZERO gear...
    normally if you just do dungeons, gear
    if you just do random PVP abit of gear
    if you even just do islands, you can buy gear!
    but this? this had no way to get gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    What a loss. The only well designed battleground thanks to same powerlevel for everyone.
    "same powerlevel for everyone" what you talking about?
    it scaled you the exact same way it scales you in all other BG's.

i am mythic geared, and i was still 2v1ing people.
    2 warriors charge me, i have more health then both combined, i pop my 432 lazer computer on one and instantly bring him down to 10% kill him with a conflag, cc the other and launch 2 fully powered bolts into him, he drops aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Go to your garrison queue from there.

NA was able to do the same it looks like. Got into one and can't queue anymore. Fun detected! Fun removed =(

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "same powerlevel for everyone" what you talking about?
    It scaled people down to level 60. Or up. And your mythic gear on that level was not much better than full heirlooms.

Fuck 'em all frankly. Best bg ever made and it was ruined by wankers going "let them win". Can't Bblame lizzard for this one. It is pathetic that a game called warcraft has turned into a game populated by needle-dicked losers that make Bronies sound masculine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    The amount of panic tears in tradechat right now is stunning.
    A lot of people have been procastinating the past months and were doing last day mount farm. A lot of sad koalas out there now.

Guess they applied some hotfix on US servers that removed it for EU aswell?
    Wait you could a mount from there? Which one? Or are you talking about the deathwing-like mount from the raids?

EDIT: nvm checked it out. Eh it's just a ram, idc tbh
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2020-01-07 at 10:12 PM.

This will come back each year from now on, right?

Quote Originally Posted by reaverthree View Post
    This will come back each year from now on, right?
    If it's like the dragons, possibly. If it's like TM VS SS then maybe a brawl. Honestly I'm hoping it comes back and wish they'd just leave it in permanently, even if they removed the mount. It was a nice alternative to leveling and if Shadowlands is nerfing leveling by 60-75% anyway, then I don't see how leaving Korrak's in hurts. Especially since it'll give people something to do until expansion launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If it's like the dragons, possibly. If it's like TM VS SS then maybe a brawl. Honestly I'm hoping it comes back and wish they'd just leave it in permanently, even if they removed the mount. It was a nice alternative to leveling and if Shadowlands is nerfing leveling by 60-75% anyway, then I don't see how leaving Korrak's in hurts. Especially since it'll give people something to do until expansion launches.
    Exactly, it's quite fun even when you're engaged with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    It scaled people down to level 60. Or up. And your mythic gear on that level was not much better than full heirlooms.
    1. yes everyone was 60 that is the only thing everyone was even with
    2. no, my mythic gear was not "not much better then full heirlooms" I will tell you right now, i had double the HP of most people, and was able to 1 shot people with chaos bolt most of the time. It was rare for me to run into anyone who could beat me 1v1.
    I would record this and show you, but sadly its over on US and i didnt think anyone would think it was randomly balanced differently then other BG's

That was a really fun BG, eventhough the alliance lost 90% of the time :P

2. no, my mythic gear was not "not much better then full heirlooms" I will tell you right now, i had double the HP of most people, and was able to 1 shot people with chaos bolt most of the time. It was rare for me to run into anyone who could beat me 1v1.
    I would record this and show you, but sadly its over on US and i didnt think anyone would think it was randomly balanced differently then other BG's
    That's not how it works. Everything was scaled to level 60 gear so your your health was pretty much on par with others. The only thing you would've gained extra stam from was slightly more on the azerite gear, but not enough to make it double.

The other difference people in mythic gear would have over heirloom people is gem slots and the fact that Azerite Essences and Powers were drastically overpowered, but that was it. I wish they would've disabled them like they did for Legion legendaries as it didn't add to the enjoyment when leveling. Only if you were there as 120 looking for easy kills.

Exaggerating to help push your point doesn't help push it even on my tank / dps with various ilvls from BfA the health didn't change, but was slightly higher than heirloom people.

^^^ This. Well geared 120's had way more HP and could easily do way more damage / soak more damage than leveling characters in BoAs. Geared 120's just had better stats overall, not to mention traits and essence powers that BoA characters did not.

My leveling hunter (with BoA's enchanted and such, so still better than most) could hardly scratch a 120 resto druid... oh yeah and he was in cat form destroying me, not even actively spam healing... and yes, I am sure he was resto and not feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    That was a really fun BG, eventhough the alliance lost 90% of the time :P
    Considering how long the Horde has to wait in queue, it evens out.

Sigh, i just needed 3 more to have all alliance and horde classes at 120

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That's not how it works. Everything was scaled to level 60 gear so your your health was pretty much on par with others. The only thing you would've gained extra stam from was slightly more on the azerite gear, but not enough to make it double.

The other difference people in mythic gear would have over heirloom people is gem slots and the fact that Azerite Essences and Powers were drastically overpowered, but that was it. I wish they would've disabled them like they did for Legion legendaries as it didn't add to the enjoyment when leveling. Only if you were there as 120 looking for easy kills.

Exaggerating to help push your point doesn't help push it even on my tank / dps with various ilvls from BfA the health didn't change, but was slightly higher than heirloom people.
    1. gems
    2. gear with special settups like azshara's staff, i played a game back when it first came out where a priest spent the entire game getting 255 stacks then blew it up on the enemy team killing all of them at once
    3. alot of new trinkets and high ilvl gear does not scale down well.
    4. yeah azerite essences and traits did not scale down, and i have ones that work insanely well in stuff like this.
    5. Exaggerating? Boi you wut?
    I think i still have footage i used for a video...

All my AV footage is from classic sadly.

but i had 10k HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Considering how long the Horde has to wait in queue, it evens out.
    I found it to be A LOT faster to level as Horde since you win 90% of the time. Even with the longer queue is was still significantly faster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Autoriot View Post
    ^^^ This. Well geared 120's had way more HP and could easily do way more damage / soak more damage than leveling characters in BoAs. Geared 120's just had better stats overall, not to mention traits and essence powers that BoA characters did not.

My leveling hunter (with BoA's enchanted and such, so still better than most) could hardly scratch a 120 resto druid... oh yeah and he was in cat form destroying me, not even actively spam healing... and yes, I am sure he was resto and not feral.
    This, i wish i had grabbed footage but i didnt think i would have people claiming this.
    yes, people who were super well geared were easily curb stomping people not super well geared. I didnt even use past legendaries or anything i was just using my mythic gear.

gear for context.
    Although i ddi also forget and used my benthic pieces which have sockets a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I feel really bad that people didn't get a chance to get the mount over the last two months..

I somewhat feel bad about the event ending a day early I guess, but technically they were warned it was going to end early January so - anyone who didn't get it the first TWO MONTHS it was out.. I mean no offense tho but you obviously were in prison or something if you didnt get it by now fam