Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nightborne is the only race I really like these days. But I have nothing against any race.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs, with Forsaken a close second. Tauren are really cool too.

Female human or male undead.

1. Tauren
    2. Blood Elf
    3. Night elf
    4. Forsaken
    5. Nightborne
    6. Mag’har
    7. Void elf
    8. Humans
    9. Dwarf
    10. Goblin
    11. Stay awe from da voodoo
    12. YARRR
    13. Space goats
    14. Lightforged Spacegoats
    15. Zandala foeva
    16. Dark iron dwarf
    17. Orcs
    18. Highmountain tauren
    19. Worgen
    20. Calm down life is to be savoured
    21. Mechagnomes
    22. Vulpera
    23. Gnomes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bradcabb View Post
    Thanksf for the post

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to see this post here and thanks for sharing this to us.

- - - Updated - - -

It is nice to see this post here
    One time was enough
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-08 at 04:54 AM.

Female draenei > all.

Favorites: Night Elves, Void Elves, Blood Elves, Vulpera.

Liked: Human, Draenei, Lightforged, Pandaren, Gnome, Troll, Undead, Worgen.

So-so: Nightborne, Zandalari, Dark Iron, Mag'har, Goblin.

Disliked: Dwarf, Tauren, Highmountain.

Hated: Kul'Tiran, Orc, Mechagnome.
    Last edited by Lane; 2020-01-08 at 06:20 AM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Ren'dorei (Void Elves) are my favourite race. Other humanoid races are below in no particular order, with BEs having the edge. At the bottom I have the animal races, with the tauren at the lowest. I can't really relate that much with these races and I don't enjoy how they look.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Vulpera Master Race.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Am I the only one that posted factoring lore and likeability?

If it is a model like list, then

Blood elf/Void elf are my number 1
    Night elf
    Nightborne female
    Human
    Nightborne male
    Draenei
    Worgen
    Dark Iron Dwarf
    Mechagnome
    Zandalari

Given how many allied races make my list shows you I definitely think they were a great addition and good move. Also look forward to what customisations hold for all
    For me it was an overall feeling towards the playable race, not so much lore and all that. I would place Nightborne a lot higher if it was more the lore. And top 3 if they would look like they actually do, not the abomination blizzard made the playable nightborne

Saying that, Night/High Elf lore is the best so top 3 would be top 3 regardless. Elf, orc and Draenei best lore for me.

1. Tauren
    2. Orc
    3. Undead
    4. Troll
    5. Human
    6. Worgen
    7. Dwarf
    8. Draenei
    9. Goblin
    10. Pandaren
    11. Night elf
    12. Gnome
    13. Blood Elf

(Allied race = source race)

Overall rating based on their appearance, how interested I am in their race lore, and how I view NPCs and other player's characters.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2020-01-08 at 09:00 AM.
    Mother pus bucket!

1. Gnomes
    2. Pandaren
    23. Humans

1. Troll (all tribes)
    2. Worgen
    3. Tauren (all tribes)
    4. Night Elves
    5. Vulpera
    6. Dwarves
    7. Draenei/LF
    8. Nightborne
    8. Human
    9. Orcs/Mag’har
    10. Pandaren
    11. Belves
    12. Void Elves
    13. Kul’Tirans

My list of Nopes:

-Undead
    -Goblins
    -Gnomes and Mechagnomes

I like Night elves and Zandalari Trolls.

1. Vulpera
    2. Mechagnome
    3. Gnome
    4. Goblin
    5. Kul Tiran
    5. Zandalari
    6. Dwarf (burning or non-burning)
    7. Orc (brown or green)
    8. Pandaren
    9. Undead
    10. Nightborne
    11. Human
    12. Tauren
    13. Blood elf
    14. Night elf
    15. Draenei
    16. Worgen

Too lazy to write a full top.

1. Forsaken.
    ... pretty much the rest
    9999. Panda
    10000. Vulpera

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    For me it was an overall feeling towards the playable race, not so much lore and all that. I would place Nightborne a lot higher if it was more the lore. And top 3 if they would look like they actually do, not the abomination blizzard made the playable nightborne

Saying that, Night/High Elf lore is the best so top 3 would be top 3 regardless. Elf, orc and Draenei best lore for me.
    I would say that was it too for me. Lore was a consideration but not the only one, apperances, themes, - vibe - the whole package.

I would place nightborne higher too if they had made the playable models more based on the npc models ore nicer than them, but it seems they made them uglier in general.. Night elf and nightborne mals have ugly faces, which is weird, they're supposed to be very good looking, and all the blizzard official art whether in posters, comics, cinematics, they are actually quite good looking, take Malfurion in the 8.1 cinematic, dude is handsome, or that male priest in the Ysera cinematic with the stunning model of tyrande.

I don't get it, they look very good looking, take some of the comics - like the oneon Varian, with Broll bearmantle, they are actually quite good looking.

Same with nightborne males, if you watched the cinematic with Melandrus backstabbing Thalyssra, he is not ugly - however switch to the in game models, their faces are ugly and old. The biggest puzzle is the male druids, they shoudl have young perfect looking faces for several reasons, they are immortal for starters, they spend most of their time sleeping, and they are druids fuelled by an arcane source, drawing on nature magic, they have teh two most powerful sources that cause life to fluorish, not to mention you can bet they eat very healthy - peak of life. How can you look so old and shrivelled, like a human who has none of these benefits, eats badly, has no access to the life boosting energies of an arcane well or life ameliorating nature magics.. it makes no sense.

And the nightborne as immortals till the nightwell drained should at least have some young looking male faces, not 0, and not constantly a snarl. Even if the withering or going nightfallen affected theri appearance causing an aging - you must represent those who never withered too and have a bunch of face options that aren't gnarly or grumpy and they don't have to look ugly.

In fact, they should actually be face structurally more aesthetically handsome/beautiful than high elves - not just because they are a highborne society, but because you ahve to give them an advantage over the pale elf that is everyone's favourite. It is right that the blood elves should look beautiful, but if anyone is going to pick a purple elf, night or nightborne you have to give them better looking faces, because the skin colour variation is already a disadvantage over fantasies most notorious beauty race.. high elves are already very desired and popular as the standard of beauty from lLord of the rings, and they are all white and pretty, the other elf race has to compete by having different but even more aesthetically beautiful faces and attractive things.

Problem is if they did that for night elf modles, it might just make them too popular. However there is no harm in doing so for nightborne - yet they didn't, the skinny is bad enough their faces really needed to be gorgeous.

Let's wait and see if they do better with the night elf customisations for 9.0 , might give some hope for nightborne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Too lazy to write a full top.

1. Forsaken.
    ... pretty much the rest
    9999. Panda
    10000. Vulpera
    Lol

I had to laugh

10+ Year Old Account
    Nightborne would have been my favorite horde race if they actually looked like the Nightborne we met and helped in Legion. Instead we got pop-eyed abominations with next to no variety/customization.

Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-01-08 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhidana View Post
    I like Night elves and Zandalari Trolls.
    Funny so do I, even though i absolutely hate they connected the two, and really don't like it when they try to make night elves look more like trolls.. worse was when they converted night elves to trolls in BFD instead of Blood elves whom they are much more closely related to. At least nightborne converted to night elf and void elf to blood elf.

But then as dwarf converted to Tauren, I guess it had nothing to do with lore.

I like Zandalari, though i'm not a fan of the appearance and generally don't like trolls in wow, still they have a vibe to them i quite like. I would have liked tehm far more if it iwasn't for the cannibal thing, and the vile , spiteful nature they have that characterises their race, otherwise they are actually quite cool

I'm not a fan of dark magic voodoo, and cursing people or believing in that stuff, and that works against trolls for me. Zandalari seem to remove a lot of the negative things in other trolls,

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Funny so do I, even though i absolutely hate they connected the two, and really don't like it when they try to make night elves look more like trolls.. worse was when they converted night elves to trolls in BFD instead of Blood elves whom they are much more closely related to. At least nightborne converted to night elf and void elf to blood elf.

But then as dwarf converted to Tauren, I guess it had nothing to do with lore.

I like Zandalari, though i'm not a fan of the appearance and generally don't like trolls in wow, still they have a vibe to them i quite like. I would have liked tehm far more if it iwasn't for the cannibal thing, and the vile , spiteful nature they have that characterises their race, otherwise they are actually quite cool

I'm not a fan of dark magic voodoo, and cursing people or believing in that stuff, and that works against trolls for me. Zandalari seem to remove a lot of the negative things in other trolls,
    I actually like this dark aspects of trolls, which is why I dislike the darkspear trolls. The Zandalari trolls work, because they are this kind of el dorado super advanced and civilized ancient troll civilization, with kings and queens, an elite order of holy warriors and a caste system. The darkspears have the savage aesthetic of other troll tribes, but they lack the darker themes of them, which makes them rather boring to me. I much prefer the Amani-Trolls, especially since I love Zul'jin as a character. They are dark, bitter and resentful, but you can sympathize with them.

7+ Year Old Account
    1- Darkspear Trolls
    2- Zandalari
    3- Dark Iron Dwarf
    4- Dwarf
    5- Tauren (And Highmountain)
    6- Draenei (And Lightforged)
    7- Orc (And Mag'har)
    8- Worgen
    9- Night Elf
    10- Vulpera
    11- Nightborne
    12- Kul Tiran
    13- Blood Elf
    14- Human
    15- Undead
    16- Gnome
    17- Mechagnome
    18- Pandaren
    19- Void Elf
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.