Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Herald of the Titans Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    2,796
    1- Darkspear Trolls
    2- Zandalari
    3- Dark Iron Dwarf
    4- Dwarf
    5- Tauren (And Highmountain)
    6- Draenei (And Lightforged)
    7- Orc (And Mag'har)
    8- Worgen
    9- Night Elf
    10- Vulpera
    11- Nightborne
    12- Kul Tiran
    13- Blood Elf
    14- Human
    15- Undead
    16- Gnome
    17- Mechagnome
    18- Pandaren
    19- Void Elf
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhidana View Post
    I actually like this dark aspects of trolls, which is why I dislike the darkspear trolls. The Zandalari trolls work, because they are this kind of el dorado super advanced and civilized ancient troll civilization, with kings and queens, an elite order of holy warriors and a caste system. The darkspears have the savage aesthetic of other troll tribes, but they lack the darker themes of them, which makes them rather boring to me. I much prefer the Amani-Trolls, especially since I love Zul'jin as a character. They are dark, bitter and resentful, but you can sympathize with them.
    Interesting, thanks for sharing. I thought it was a n excelelnt choice to have a darker spiteful vile race (using classic's opening narrative of the darkspears) in the horde, it was unique and the exception , which ahs its place.. just like i unlike some felt it was also good to ahve a near flawless race in the night elves - people may hate either of this ( yes, i hate evil and dark) but they have their place because both are possible, and you can have mmean spirited people who do vile immoral things but aren't necessarily wicked or villain bad. This is where i thought the darkspear trolls would sit.

    Howver blizzard really have messed up their portrayals of both trolls and night elves. We never saw the trolls every exhibiting any of those characteristics they are described to be like, in fact we only see the good an honourable side, we don't see them even progress from a lot of bad to cleaning up a lot of that, but still have that vengeful spiteful side tot hem.. blizzard just didn't show it - maybe they wantedt he horde to be more popular, and thus trolls and blood elves who were also supposed ot have an evil ambitious reckless aspect to them was either rarely shown in the playable race with the opposite in fact showing up far more commonly. I'm fine to have exceptions to the norm, but when you spend no time characterising the norm, that is problematic.

    night elves similarly, perhaps because they didn't want them more popular, instead got lots of flawas and inadequacies, the titanic race they were positioned as and described as in the WC3 manual and set up with even in WotA tirlogy (which also nerfed them, because a 200 year war against the legion by their own hand turned intno a 2 year affair when Krasus, Rhonin and Brox got sent back in time and effectively saving them, makking them and not the night elves the architect of the legion's defeat), the night elves that we see show up in WoW now are much more flawed and ordinary. Almost like blizzard had no idea to show and preserve how remarkable they were without making them invulnerable and infallible --- funny Tolkein had no problems in conveying an immortal, fair and wise race appropriately great but not invincible. YEt wow did. Sigh - they just didn't try.

    I guess you liked some of those aspects of the trolls, just like some are drawn to dark and edgy emo, but others aren't.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Interesting, thanks for sharing. I thought it was a n excelelnt choice to have a darker spiteful vile race (using classic's opening narrative of the darkspears) in the horde, it was unique and the exception , which ahs its place.. just like i unlike some felt it was also good to ahve a near flawless race in the night elves - people may hate either of this ( yes, i hate evil and dark) but they have their place because both are possible, and you can have mmean spirited people who do vile immoral things but aren't necessarily wicked or villain bad. This is where i thought the darkspear trolls would sit.

    Howver blizzard really have messed up their portrayals of both trolls and night elves. We never saw the trolls every exhibiting any of those characteristics they are described to be like, in fact we only see the good an honourable side, we don't see them even progress from a lot of bad to cleaning up a lot of that, but still have that vengeful spiteful side tot hem.. blizzard just didn't show it - maybe they wantedt he horde to be more popular, and thus trolls and blood elves who were also supposed ot have an evil ambitious reckless aspect to them was either rarely shown in the playable race with the opposite in fact showing up far more commonly. I'm fine to have exceptions to the norm, but when you spend no time characterising the norm, that is problematic.

    night elves similarly, perhaps because they didn't want them more popular, instead got lots of flawas and inadequacies, the titanic race they were positioned as and described as in the WC3 manual and set up with even in WotA tirlogy (which also nerfed them, because a 200 year war against the legion by their own hand turned intno a 2 year affair when Krasus, Rhonin and Brox got sent back in time and effectively saving them, makking them and not the night elves the architect of the legion's defeat), the night elves that we see show up in WoW now are much more flawed and ordinary. Almost like blizzard had no idea to show and preserve how remarkable they were without making them invulnerable and infallible --- funny Tolkein had no problems in conveying an immortal, fair and wise race appropriately great but not invincible. YEt wow did. Sigh - they just didn't try.

    I guess you liked some of those aspects of the trolls, just like some are drawn to dark and edgy emo, but others aren't.
    Night elves are too toxic. Tyrande is really toxic by not bowing to Anduins non-toxic male authority.

  4. #44
    Mechagnome Phaelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Quel’Thalas
    Posts
    564
    1. Blood Elf
    2. Nightborne
    3. Undead
    4. Goblin
    5. Mag’har Orc
    6. Zandalari Troll
    7. Troll
    8. Human
    9. Draenei
    10. Vulpera (if the horde had gotten Sethrak it’d be higher up)
    11. Pandaren
    12. Orc
    13. Night Elf
    14. Dark Iron
    15. Mechagnome
    16. Gnome
    17. Dwarf
    18. Kul Tiran
    19. LF Draenei
    20. Worgen
    21. Void Elf
    22. Highmountain Tauren
    23. Tauren
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

  5. #45
    1. Forsaken
    2. Undead
    3. Scourge

  6. #46
    People in this post with gnomes as their starting choise should be auto-banned

  7. #47
    Stood in the Fire Garretdejiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wasteland
    Posts
    455
    Favorites
    1.- Orc Male (Badass race all around)
    2.- Blood Elf (Most visually pleasing race to look at and do fanart)
    3.- Dwarf/Dark Iron Male (Most badass alliance race)

    Least favorites (no specific order)
    Gnome (Armor sets don't shine on them)
    Troll (Totally unappealing. Appeal might rise as Hunter or Shaman, but not enough)
    Worgen (Euugh)
    Pandaren (Can't bring myself to play one, they look so stupid)

    Rest are Ok when combined with the proper class (i.e.: Druid Tauren/Night Elf, Draenei Paladin, etc)

  8. #48
    Bloodsail Admiral CrawlFromThePit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    The Depths Bellow
    Posts
    1,233
    ------------------ Top line -----------------------------------
    Trolls and Orcs up top, I don't have a definitive favorite, kinda depends on the class that fits it the most to me.
    Dwarves, Gnomes, Undead, Draenei, Kul Tiran above middle line.
    ------------------ Middle line --------------------------------
    Weird furries like Tauren, Vulpera, Worgen all under the middle line.
    Ugly Elves and boring Humans way down at the bottom.
    ------------------ Bottom line -------------------------------

    Pandas are under the bottom line.
    Cure cancer, delete factions.

  9. #49
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    People in this post with gnomes as their starting choise should be auto-banned
    The same could be said about people who get their feelings hurt by the things other people enjoy.

  10. #50
    Can I just say Worgen and screw the rest?

    Darkflight>everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

  11. #51
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,251
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Can I just say Worgen and screw the rest?

    Darkflight>everything.
    I love the new female worgen models, but the good old chain-smoker's voice soured me on them after a few weeks of 8.2.5 - I'd give anything to be able to preserve the human voice in worgen form, like Celestine of the Harvest in Val'sharah.

  12. #52
    Bloodsail Admiral Not A Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pancakes
    Posts
    1,027
    Goblins, my favorite thing about cata tbh. Before cata my favorite race were dwarves
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhidana View Post
    Night elves are too toxic. Tyrande is really toxic by not bowing to Anduins non-toxic male authority.
    They write her that way. It's a shame.

    You would really think she is some early twenty something year old hissy fit woman, going on lesbo levels of rages at everything rather than a wise 10k yar old High priestess leader with guts, that hears the voice of a real goddess and isn't afraid to act decsievely when she knows it is the right course of action , no matter how drastic or unexpected or unconventional it is.


    Sadly, when they write her doing the foolish thing of hating Anduin for not wasting resources to reclaim darkshore after all the damage is done when a more pressing warfront that could open the door to reclaiming darkshore if they win.. then you just think, this si a crazy bitch driven by vengeance and toxic.

    They may have intereprteed the situation and her reaction correctly, if she was a human male i n the 18-45 demography, but she isn't, she is a near immortal, elf and female too, a priest too of all callings, a wife and person who has nknown love, not to mention suffered a worse genocide in whose story she is written with far more grace.

    Sigh.. I don't either.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    1. Blood Elf
    2. Nightborne
    3. Undead
    4. Goblin
    5. Mag’har Orc
    6. Zandalari Troll
    7. Troll
    8. Human
    9. Draenei
    10. Vulpera (if the horde had gotten Sethrak it’d be higher up)
    11. Pandaren
    12. Orc
    13. Night Elf
    14. Dark Iron
    15. Mechagnome
    16. Gnome
    17. Dwarf
    18. Kul Tiran
    19. LF Draenei
    20. Worgen
    21. Void Elf
    22. Highmountain Tauren
    23. Tauren
    I wonder where a highborne night elf would stand in your list

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Nightborne would have been my favorite horde race if they actually looked like the Nightborne we met and helped in Legion. Instead we got pop-eyed abominations with next to no variety/customization.

    https://images2.imgbox.com/6b/3e/QF2lvLnR_o.jpg
    This! I actually liked better the original nightborne before they made them playable and made them look weird (for me at least)

  15. #55
    I am Murloc! dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    5,076
    Whoever says draenei or gnome as their fav need the ban hammer OH KAY

    Tauren by far my fav, NOW.. I changed from a Taurae pali to Zandalar Trol pali because I just kept hating not fitting through MOTHER EFFING DOORS everywhere I go doors keep getting stuck on my damn Tauren, like WTF BLIZZ

  16. #56
    Mechagnome Phaelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Quel’Thalas
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

    - - - Updated - - -


    I wonder where a highborne night elf would stand in your list
    About the same place as current night elf since they don’t have any identity otherwise. Nightborne are aesthetically different enough for me to like them, the females anyway. And I have hope that they’ll update the models eventually, or at the very least give us the option for the original Nightborne eyes. I really hope they don’t give Night Elves “Highborne” models that are similar to Nightborne. That’s all.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    About the same place as current night elf since they don’t have any identity otherwise. Nightborne are aesthetically different enough for me to like them, the females anyway. And I have hope that they’ll update the models eventually, or at the very least give us the option for the original Nightborne eyes. I really hope they don’t give Night Elves “Highborne” models that are similar to Nightborne. That’s all.
    Until shown otherwise, just think of them like nightborne (of the nightfallen rebel -ilk i.e. having been humbled by hardship) but with night elf appearances.

    I tend to imagine highborne currently as nightborne culturally but with more ornate beauty focus of high elves - if night elves were to gain a highborne customisation set of faces and appearances and even gain a habitable city, that is the ball park I expect them to be in.

  18. #58
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,047
    Love:
    Darkspear Trolls
    Tauren
    Dark Iron Dwarf

    Like:
    Dwarf
    Goblin
    Orc
    Forsaken
    Vulpera

    Hate:
    Night Elf
    Blood Elf
    Void Elf
    Nightborne Elf

    Dislike:
    Worgen
    Kul Tiran
    Gnome
    Zandalari Troll

    Indifferent:
    The rest....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  19. #59
    The Lightbringer Nurvus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,374
    Draenei

    However, even though I like both genders equally as far as artwork goes, the male in-game models put me off.

    They should look more like this - big frame but not a fatass:
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

  20. #60
    Bloodsail Admiral Nemah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    1,134
    There is no race other than Forsaken.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •