Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Ted Cruz says the Dems are warmongering...
    War is peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You're forgetting that the riot at the embassy was in response to a US attack on an Iraqi military base which killed a number of personnel.
    Which itself was a response to the K1 base attack that killed and American.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm sure the US will still want to drop a bomb or two off.
    If true why does that sound like I took a punch at you and now give up before you can punch back.

If no US personal was killed would be a good out (just keep trump off twitter as I've said in the past) sucks if any Iraq's were killed *reading more about it, Protection of the US embassy was their responsibility so they share some blame in this mess.

Per Article 22 of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, the local host government is always responsible for the defense and security of ALL embassies and consulates of every co-signatory country located therein.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Man it's almost as if deterrence is a bullshit doctrine made up to justify exorbitant military expenditure and jingoistic dick wagging.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Which the US immediately blamed Iran for despite ISIS still being active in the area.

10+ Year Old Account
    If no US personal was killed would be a good out (just keep trump off twitter as I've said in the past) sucks if any Iraq's were killed *reading more about it, Protection of the US embassy was their responsibility so they share some blame in this mess.
    So that makes it okay that people in Iraq were killed, huh?

well lets see if dump's going to keep his bluff tonight.

I think the vast majority of Americans appreciate the overall tougher stance against Iran. Tougher today will result in less bloodshed and avoidance of a bigger confrontation down the line. We can't kick this can down the road forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Man it's almost as if deterrence is a bullshit doctrine made up to justify exorbitant military expenditure and jingoistic dick wagging.
    ya so just let them keep killing people, sure that will deter them...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Vladimir Putin is in Syria visiting Assad n celebrating Orthodox Christmas, will soon go to Turkey to launch Turkstream pipeline
    You have to give Trump credit, he's really uniting the middle east, it would probably be better if he wasn't uniting it against himself/America though lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya so just let them keep killing people, sure that will deter them...
    You wanna revise this post given that absolutely nothing the US has done has deterred Iran from escalating?

So that makes it okay that people in Iraq were killed, huh?
    sorry you don't under stand the word sucks....
    something sucks:spoken not polite used when you dislike something very much or think something is very bad:If you ask me, the whole thing sucks.

but as I said they have some blame in this mess.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2020-01-08 at 02:42 AM. Reason: def didn't copy correctly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You have to give Trump credit, he's really uniting the middle east, it would probably be better if he wasn't uniting it against himself/America though lol.
    Even Israel is saying they want nothing to do with this whole thing, says it's a US thing n they don't want Iran to put them in their sights..

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    I think the vast majority of Americans appreciate the overall tougher stance against Iran. Tougher today will result in less bloodshed and avoidance of a bigger confrontation down the line. We can't kick this can down the road forever.
    Have you considered, maybe stop kicking the can?

I mean seriously, the past 30 years of US middle eastern policy can pretty much be summed up as "bomb them till they stop disliking us" and your government still can't understand why they dislike you more the more you kill them.

Old saying: "bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity" >.>

You wanna revise this post given that absolutely nothing the US has done has deterred Iran from escalating?
    escalating what, shot some missiles and so far didn't kill any of the ones they were aiming for and now https://twitter.com/DEFCONWSALERTS/s...691748353?s=19

10+ Year Old Account
    And you'd be wrong.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The American public is increasingly critical of President Donald Trump’s handling of Iran after he ordered the U.S. military to kill a powerful Iranian military commander, and a majority of U.S. adults now expect the countries to be at war in the near future, according to Reuters/Ipsos polling released on Tuesday.

The national opinion poll found that 53% of adults in the U.S. disapprove of Trump's handling of Iran, which is an increase of about 9 percentage points from a similar poll that ran in the middle of December.

The number of adults who “strongly disapprove” of Trump’s actions in Iran - 39% - is up 10 points from the December poll.
    More "silent majority" rubbish from the right wing. Typical.

of note, special ops troops were deployed to a "mystery location" in the ME a couple days ago.
    The Pentagon initially announced the deployment or approximately 750 paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division to the Middle East on Dec. 31 following an assault on the U.S. embassy in Baghdad by Iran-backed militiamen.

Thousands of additional paratroopers were called up to deploy after Soleimani was killed in a U.S. air strike on Friday morning.

As Army Times reported, Rangers "often work hand-in-hand with paratroopers during airfield seizures, which is a core competency of both units."

Thousands of Marines are also deploying to the region.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/taskand...21741.amp.html

And you'd be wrong.

More "silent majority" rubbish from the right wing. Typical.
    Wow, a poll of 1000 people!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you not know how polling works, or?

Again, more "silent majority" bullshit from the right with nothing to substantiate it.

thats a better source than your... hat.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If they say they want to de-escalate and the US still attacks, they can say that they tried and anything that happens is the US' fault.
    I agree that's what they are doing.