Poll: Do you want Arthas back?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Bringing Arthas back in Shadowlands will ruin his character

His story arc in complete in WOTLK. Bringing him back just sours his story and death. Illidan's story wasn't complete, Arthas was with his death. Let Shadowlands be about Bolvar don't let Arthas return in any way besides flashbacks and just one little cameo like he made in BFA
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

i agree but cant help but think blizz are using shadowlands to bring back even more beloved dead characters as fan service,everyone gets to see there fave dead character one last time.

I mean, if we see his soul getting shredded in the Maw as deserved eternal punishment for his being evil long before he ever sailed to Northrend, I'd be ok with that.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I mean, if we see his soul getting shredded in the Maw as deserved eternal punishment for his being evil long before he ever sailed to Northrend, I'd be ok with that.
    Well, so far we know that a) Arthas did get sent to the Maw and b) we're the second of two people capable of leaving said Maw, and Arthas is not one of them.

So unless he gets freed during Shadowlands somehow, we have no reason to believe he isn't.

I want him back. Arthas' story as The Lich King is complete.

Arthas' story as a Paladin still has some meat the Blizzard hyena lore team can scrape off the bone.

My assumption was that we'd be seeing him dangling there suspended all knocked out and then we view some old memories of his or something. I don't expect them to actually do anything with him critically.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Illidan's story wasn't complete,
    Except it was. Illidan got his ass kicked by Arthas, went mad, then subsequently fled to Outland (to avoid KJ's wrath) where he became the tyrant we killed in TBC.

His character arc was about power corrupting even noble intentions, and his story was done. Turning him into a heroic character in Legion ruined him.
    Last edited by EbonBehelit-; 2020-01-08 at 03:57 AM.
    "Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of men will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice, without constraint." - Alexander Hamilton

The titles of Warchief, Leader of the Forsaken and Lich King are currently vacant. Arthas could be used for any of them. (I won't go over spoilers here)
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The titles of Warchief, Leader of the Forsaken and Lich King are currently vacant. Arthas could be used for any of them. (I won't go over spoilers here)
    Arthas, Leader of the Forsaken and new Warchief of the Horde. I like it.

The expansion is set in the afterlife. Whether it's Arthas or not, we're going to see characters whose story arcs have long since ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit- View Post
    Except it was. Illidan got his ass kicked by Arthas, went mad, then subsequently fled to Outland (to avoid KJ's wrath) where he became the tyrant we killed in TBC.

His character arc was about power corrupting even noble intentions, and his story was done. Turning him into a heroic character in Legion ruined him.
    Good to finally see someone who agrees with me on Illidan. Did not like him being brought back at all, and hopefully Arthas doesn't make appearance in Shadowlands either.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Well get ready its happening.

Warcraft is just Star Wars now, where every new iteration of a product is just fanservice pandering and, "zomg remember this!?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    i agree but cant help but think blizz are using shadowlands to bring back even more beloved dead characters as fan service,everyone gets to see there fave dead character one last time.
    That's the same feeling I got as well. It's as if the writers were huddled together and were like "welp, we've gone to well of time travel a few too many times and screwed the pooch with WoD. How do we go about cherrypicking our favorites now? Oooh! How about if we invade the afterlife!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Shadowlands is all about banking on nostalgia. Seems Blizz is entirely unable to create new names, so they do Shadowlands, find a way to bring back tons of heroes/villains, and here you are ready for 15 other years of fighting Onyxia

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit- View Post

I disagree. Illidan's story in tbc was terrible, if we can even call it a story.

Legion fixed it.

If they bring him back it will be a tormented tortured souls in a cell in torghast not a main character

Closure is not an option in the current culture.

When we stop buying things because it has the guy we already know on it's cover, we can start getting stories that end again.
    So prepare for the shocking revelation that Arthas is actually Illidans half brother and has been playing all of us all along!!1.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Theramore you have like created about a thread per day if not more for the last month.

7+ Year Old Account
    'If' they bring Arthas back, then I hope Calia is the one to put him down for the crimes he committed against their people. It would be a good way for Calia to be brought in as Queen of the Forsaken of Lordaeron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    could not care less.