Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    What makes you conclude that they support them?
    Because Trump and his surrogates told him that Democrats and people against Trump support terrorists, even though they have no evidence to support said claim.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    This is the original title and article that the Associated Press published today. After a shitload of outrage about the title and excerpts from the article, they quickly changed it to "As Iran and US take step back from the brink, Canada grieves" and changed parts of the article, mainly to boost Iran. The original title was pathetic and sadly not surprising. The question I ask is, why do some Americans support a country that has murdered hundreds of Americans and thousands of it's own people and at every opportunity shouts Death to America?
    Do we?

Most of the people who are critical of the Soleimani air strike were worried about the possibility of war with Iran. It wasn't support for Iran that made me upset, it was the possibility of yet another 20 year long quagmire in the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    impeachment (which should have made him unable to order an attack in the first place)
    I've seen this line a few times and I'm wondering how you've come to this conclusion?

Mere impeachment doesn't limit any presidential powers. The offender needs to be convicted at trial in order to be subsequently removed from office and that trial can't begin until the articles of impeachment have been submitted to the Senate.
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2020-01-10 at 12:06 PM.
    Synek - best rogue in the world

So Iran just going to keep denying that it was shot down? Just take the L at this point, everyone knows they did it.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    So Iran just going to keep denying that it was shot down? Just take the L at this point, everyone knows they did it.
    Big bro Putin has been advising Iran on how to clean up the evidence. If Russia got away with it, Iran will too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Big bro Putin has been advising Iran on how to clean up the evidence. If Russia got away with it, Iran will too.
    Especially since it was done with Russian munitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The US's only mistake was not killing Soleimani 15 years ago.

We have suffered aggression after aggression by nation states over the last 15 years because we stopped imposing serious consequences on them for doing so. Instead, we fired and forgot with sanctions and called it doing something.

There is no version of this where the US is in the wrong for killing him. What the problem is there is a generation of Americans who got really used to killing terrorists and forgot that nation states are dangerous too, and started pissing themselves about World War III and the draft when the US dared give another country a black eye.
    ah skore skore skore...never change. No matter how wrong the US are you will always spin it and say "bUt We NeVeR dId AnYtHiNg WrOnG",

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I've seen this line a few times and I'm wondering how you've come to this conclusion?

Mere impeachment doesn't limit any presidential powers. The offender needs to be convicted at trial in order to be subsequently removed from office and that trial can't begin until the articles of impeachment have been submitted to the Senate.
    Sure, but I think that's wrong. If you're impeached, that should be enough to limit your power until you've been either acquitted or removed from office. I'm not saying he should be stripped of all power and placed in house arrest, but starting a war should be off the table.
    Mother pus bucket!

Ukraine says the US has given "important information" about the plane's destruction.

"What information?"

I guess that depends how much aid Trump is withholding this time.

No-one is above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Watch how the bodies won't be returned to their home countries before they are x-rayed and cleaned from shrapnel. One of the major things Russia learned from MH17.

This is the original title and article that the Associated Press published today. After a shitload of outrage about the title and excerpts from the article, they quickly changed it to "As Iran and US take step back from the brink, Canada grieves" and changed parts of the article, mainly to boost Iran. The original title was pathetic and sadly not surprising. The question I ask is, why do some Americans support a country that has murdered hundreds of Americans and thousands of it's own people and at every opportunity shouts Death to America?
    Trump and the media portrayal of Trump have sent people into a whirlwind of emotional rage where things that mattered to them don't really matter anymore. As long as Trump is smeared or hurt politically.. These people will sacrifice anything. Just like the other side. Anything that helps Trump or boosts him politically the other side will sacrifice anything for. It's truly a weird time.

Iran is terrible. They don't believe in equal rights for Women or gays. I have no clue how anyone that identifies with liberal ideology could support that country. I have a work buddy that immigrated here from Iraq a few years ago. He told me it was huge that Soleimani was taken out. He told me that guy was involved in over 500+ deaths of young Iraqi protestors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I imagine a lot of girls could care less about the stuff men find engaging. He has to pay attention, because if he isn't, he's being rude. So he's not relaxing; he's tensing to ensure he pays attention because he's forcing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I am more curious as to why you are so triggered over this? Isn't outrage over arbitrary things supposed to be a liberal thing? I mean the original title isn't wrong, that is exactly what happened. Granted, it isn't a narrative you agree with, but it is still factual.

Also, how do you interpret any of this as supporting Iran? I am personally fine with the strike in principle. I am not sure if I am ok with the strike the way it actually happened. I do understand why people have serious reservations about it. None of those positions are in any way sympathetic to Iran or Sulemanei.

This just comes off as more conservative snowflake complaining that people have a different opinion then you. Well news flash, America allows people to have different opinions.
    "I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddling ANTIFA!" - Adolf Hitler
    "I really wish Ghostpanther would stop misquoting me" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    Trump and the media portrayal of Trump have sent people into a whirlwind of emotional rage where things that mattered to them don't really matter anymore. As long as Trump is smeared or hurt politically.. These people will sacrifice anything. Just like the other side. Anything that helps Trump or boosts him politically the other side will sacrifice anything for. It's truly a weird time.

Iran is terrible. They don't believe in equal rights for Women or gays. I have no clue how anyone that identifies with liberal ideology could support that country. I have a work buddy that immigrated here from Iraq a few years ago. He told me it was huge that Soleimani was taken out. He told me that guy was involved in over 500+ deaths of young Iraqi protestors.
    Trumps best buds from the house of saud laugh at people like you.

But I guess if you have business dealings and loans from saudi princes then it makes everything good.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Trumps best buds from the house of saud laugh at people like you.

But I guess if you have business dealings and loans from saudi princes then it makes everything good.
    Yea the US totally does and has had dealings with Saudi Arabia forever. How is that just Shrumpf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I imagine a lot of girls could care less about the stuff men find engaging. He has to pay attention, because if he isn't, he's being rude. So he's not relaxing; he's tensing to ensure he pays attention because he's forcing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

What's really "pathetic and and sadly not surprising" is this thread.

The question I ask is, why do some Americans support a country that has murdered hundreds of Americans and thousands of it's own people and at every opportunity shouts Death to America?
    Who is supporting them? The article, even with its original headline, doesn't do that.

Elemental Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    If Iran's air defenses cannot tell that a plane had just taken off from their own airport, they have significant issues. It isnt like it was a long range SAM being reported as responsible, the SA-15 is a point defense system.
    Indeed, however just because some people screwed up doesn't absolve any other people who may have screwed up. No doubt the investigation should uncover the exact circumstances, as the air crash investigation goes, there's always multiple factors in any crash.

Map of locations for the plane path and evidence available online.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    That actually helps point it out as an accident, had they downed it intentionally one would assume they would have used one of their US made SAMs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Indeed, however just because some people screwed up doesn't absolve any other people who may have screwed up. No doubt the investigation should uncover the exact circumstances, as the air crash investigation goes, there's always multiple factors in any crash.
    There is potentially a significant difference between what the investigation finds and what the investigation reports.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Seeing as news report that the crash place has already been bulldozed and that there are scavengers running around, well...