Thread: Edibles

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Edibles

My state recently legalized recreational marijuana use on the 1st. I personally have tried smoking it in the past several times with some friends but never seemed to have any effect on me. So my girlfriend and I were thinking of getting some from a dispensary (its a 45 minute+ drive).

Was hoping to maybe get help from people who have bought from dispensaries in their states before I make the drive over there to purchase some. Mainly along the lines of how much I should be looking to consume, and what is a better purchase/if I should stay away from certain products. Some websites say to start with 2mg, others 10 or 15. Was probably looking into getting some fruit chews/gummies or chocolate. Or advice as to other products I should look in to.
    Last edited by Roship; 2020-01-08 at 03:38 PM.

I am somewhat dubious that this is allowed to be discussed on here as it's still illegal in plenty of places.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I am somewhat dubious that this is allowed to be discussed on here as it's still illegal in plenty of places.
    I wasn't sure either :/. I figured if it gets closed, it gets closed.

Mod Edit: Considering you're in a legalized state and you're only suggesting getting edibles from other legal states/sellers, this is fine.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-08 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only a matter of time before it's legal in most places. It really shouldn't be a prohibited topic just because some places haven't updated their laws to keep up with the times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s already legal in some form in something like 33 states. Congress needs to get off their asses on this issue.
    Yea and in the entirety of my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    It's only a matter of time before it's legal in most places. It really shouldn't be a prohibited topic just because some places haven't updated their laws to keep up with the times.
    Tell that to my shit politicians that lives 60 years in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you've heard this a ton of times or read it but seriously give edibles time to take effect. Eating more is just going to be a bad time and you'll have a bad trip.

I'd start with the smallest and work your way up till you're comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Eleven View Post
    Nothing wrong with banning it. Already enough problems with stoners as is.
    And you're a moron.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-08 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't smoke marijuana in .... at least two decades. However, I do love my brownies/cookies.

So the general consensus seems to be low dosage gummies are the go-to for beginners. Chocolate can be hit or miss. I know brownies and cookies are a popular one as well, but I didn't see any on the menu for my dispensary, and not really feeling like cooking with anything and making my own. Anyone else got any advice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Tell that to my shit politicians that lives 60 years in the past.
    You could write them a letter.

This past summer I moved from Atlanta to Denver (I love it so much more out here). Since moving to Denver, I eat edibles about twice per week and don't hardly drink anymore. Edibles help with my body soreness being that I mountain / road bike, snowboard, rock climb, tennis, etc. The beautiful thing about edibles is that you don't get a hangover.

As far as dosage, I usually eat a 10 mg THC. 10 mg THC is the largest single use dose that is sold in Colorado for recreational purposes. I would recommend that you start with 5 or 10 mg. 2 mg isn't going to hardly have any effect on you - my 115 lb girlfriend has no tolerance built up and eats 5 mg when she visits, and she enjoys it. Typical pricing is about $25 for 10, 10 mg pieces ($2.50 per candy). When consuming edibles, it is recommended to wait at least 1.5 hours before eating a second candy.

I haven't really noticed a difference in my high as far as gummy, chocolate, etc. I think that the quality control is pretty good. I have never eaten a candy and it had no effect. When you go to a dispensary they will probably have different labels such as "focus" or "relax", but they all pretty seem the same to me. The only thing I try to avoid is one big chocolate bar where you have the break the pieces off. I like the candies to be either individually wrapped or a tub of gummies. Also, it usually takes about 45 minutes to start taking effect after consumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are not a regular smoker, do not ingest more than 10mg edibles your first time. Honestly, stick to 6 or 7mg.

Give it TWO HOURS before you even think about taking more. Trust me, you cannot handle flying to Mars your first time eating edibles. Safety first.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Can be death penalty here. xD

Quote Originally Posted by SoaD009 View Post
    This past summer I moved from Atlanta to Denver (I love it so much more out here). Since moving to Denver, I eat edibles about twice per week and don't hardly drink anymore. Edibles help with my body soreness being that I mountain / road bike, snowboard, rock climb, tennis, etc. The beautiful thing about edibles is that you don't get a hangover.

As far as dosage, I usually eat a 10 mg THC. 10 mg THC is the largest single use dose that is sold in Colorado for recreational purposes. I would recommend that you start with 5 or 10 mg. 2 mg isn't going to hardly have any effect on you - my 115 lb girlfriend has no tolerance built up and eats 5 mg when she visits, and she enjoys it. Typical pricing is about $25 for 10, 10 mg pieces ($2.50 per candy). When consuming edibles, it is recommended to wait at least 1.5 hours before eating a second candy.

I haven't really noticed a difference in my high as far as gummy, chocolate, etc. I think that the quality control is pretty good. I have never eaten a candy and it had no effect. When you go to a dispensary they will probably have different labels such as "focus" or "relax", but they all pretty seem the same to me. The only thing I try to avoid is one big chocolate bar where you have the break the pieces off. I like the candies to be either individually wrapped or a tub of gummies. Also, it usually takes about 45 minutes to start taking effect after consumption.
    Thanks for the advice. Looking online at the dispensary near me, almost all of their stuff is 100mg+. I don't know if that means the whole package is 100mg, or if the stuff is 100mg each. For sure will ask an employee things like that while I'm there. Guess I will just have to extra careful if everything is indeed that high of dosage.

10+ Year Old Account
    The number of "CBD Sold Here" signs that have popped up here is ridiculous.

Kind of thinking about trying edibles myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    The number of "CBD Sold Here" signs that have popped up here is ridiculous.

Kind of thinking about trying edibles myself.
    I believe those are mostly signs for CBD oil, not actual THC-infused products that will get you high or the flower itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Roship View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Looking online at the dispensary near me, almost all of their stuff is 100mg+. I don't know if that means the whole package is 100mg, or if the stuff is 100mg each. For sure will ask an employee things like that while I'm there. Guess I will just have to extra careful if everything is indeed that high of dosage.
    No problem. It is very most likely that the entire package is 100 mg. That seems to be a pretty standard package size.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    If you are not a regular smoker, do not ingest more than 10mg edibles your first time. Honestly, stick to 6 or 7mg.

Give it TWO HOURS before you even think about taking more. Trust me, you cannot handle flying to Mars your first time eating edibles. Safety first.
    Funny story, my friend in high school was asked to watch a backpack for his friend for a while at Catholic high school. He saw that there were a bunch of brownies in the backpack and ate a couple of them not knowing they were pot brownies. Apparently he was tripping pretty hard. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    And you're a moron.
    [Infraction]
    Hey. I've worked in psychiatry for quite a while in Norway, just chiming in to say we get a lot of very young people suffering from psychosis after heavy marijuana use, or the use of synthetic marijuana(stay away from synthetics, kids). Some of them have hurt others or themselves seriously while psychotic, others will never fully recover. Comparably, we get nearly no one with alcohol-related issues, despite a much higher consumer base.

It's a very small percentage of the total population and legalizing might still be the right choice, but presenting it as one-sided and without nuance is ignorant and harmful.

OT: Building on that, start with a smaller dose and make sure the seller is reputable and the product is not synthetic. It's pretty safe, but it's still a drug.