Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb How would you make WoW great again!!!???

Over the years, Blizzard's content was much appreciated. But they started to get lead astray.
    But yeah I dont play on coming back until Class revamps and when they take off the reputation requirements for allied races. Time-gated world quests and rep grinds arent fun at all.
    Also corrupted gear was a bad idea. Now they're forcing you to wear gear that corrupts you. And you're forced to wear other gear to balance that out. Seems like a useless idea when they could've just stuck to regular gear as they always have.
    Just my opinion. Also, dont make a flying achievement. Go back to how it was and just pay gold for flying. Nothing should feel time-gated or forced.
    Also, make currency more universal. No more tokens or any other currency, just go back to the old way where everything was Gold.
    More alt friendly and if you max out a character, you should unlock a heirloom set of your choosing for your alt.

How would you make WoW good heading forwards?

Corrupted gear does look like a bad idea, but I guess we'll have a better idea next week.

For starters, I wish they would get rid of path finder and either charge through the nose for flying or introduce it sooner. It should be up me how I explore content, having flying doesn't mean I'll unsub because I consume content marginally faster. If the game is good, I'll stay subbed, don't use restrictive design to force me to play one way that in your twisted head is more time consuming because you think it'll lock me down longer. I stay subbed regardless, I was just more annoyed having to swim around and look through mountains and shit when I could have finished a quest or something else faster, and moved on to something else I wanted to do like grind a different rep on another toon or what have you.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2020-01-08 at 06:37 PM.

I would change the community. Wow's community is so toxic, been playing ffxiv for the first time the past month and it's like night and day.

By realising that you're simply mistaking your own opinions as facts, dismissing your claims and instead relying on more objective metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    By realising that you're simply mistaking your own opinions as facts, dismissing your claims and instead relying on more objective metrics.
    And what objective metrics would that be? Time played, engagement on specific acitivities (disregarding the possibility that people only do something because it's efficient and not because it's fun), number of subscribers, metacritic rating?

Build walls around all the different content and make the other content pay for it! Wanna PvE roll a toon. Wanna PvP on that toon NO SOUP FOR YOU! roll a PVP toon. Raid toons, M+ toons. No one will be forced to do any content not in the lane they created said toon in.......of course for a $100 fee you can change your toon lane.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tearsofflame View Post
    Over the years, Blizzard's content was much appreciated. But they started to get lead astray.
    But yeah I dont play on coming back until Class revamps and when they take off the reputation requirements for allied races. Time-gated world quests and rep grinds arent fun at all.
    Also corrupted gear was a bad idea. Now they're forcing you to wear gear that corrupts you. And you're forced to wear other gear to balance that out. Seems like a useless idea when they could've just stuck to regular gear as they always have.
    Just my opinion. Also, dont make a flying achievement. Go back to how it was and just pay gold for flying. Nothing should feel time-gated or forced.
    Also, make currency more universal. No more tokens or any other currency, just go back to the old way where everything was Gold.
    More alt friendly and if you max out a character, you should unlock a heirloom set of your choosing for your alt.

Some classes could get a good revamp. I don't mind reps since you're supposed to get exalted with everything by playing normally when stuff is released instead of coming out of nowhere 1 year late and complaining that nothing was magically done for you.

Also factions need to be deleted.

But I have an even better question for you. Why not just play something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    And what objective metrics would that be? Time played, engagement on specific acitivities (disregarding the possibility that people only do something because it's efficient and not because it's fun), number of subscribers, metacritic rating?
    More objective. Not absolutely objective. Getting more objective than a single persons opinions isn't exactly hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Corrupted gear does look like a bad idea, but I guess we'll have a better idea next week.

For starters, I wish they would get rid of path finder and either charge through the nose for flying or introduce it sooner. It should be up me how I explore content, having flying doesn't mean I'll unsub because I consume content marginally faster. If the game is good, I'll stay subbed, don't use restrictive design to force me to play one way that in your twisted head is more time consuming because you think it'll lock me down longer. I stay subbed regardless, I was just more annoyed having to swim around and look through mountains and shit when I could have finished a quest or something else faster, and moved on to something else I wanted to do like grind a different rep on another toon or what have you.
    Yes this. So much of this!

Er, I'd probably end it. And make a Warcraft 4 in RTS terms. Then a WoW 2 10 yearsish later.

10+ Year Old Account
    there's some point where a game can be so big that it pretty much makes it incoherent

WoW 2 would be the best logical next step, WoW 1 is more and more about reliving nice moments (alts and classic) and less and less about exciting new content, at some point it really gets more of the same, and the efforts gets less and less rewarding due to losing interest, like finishing one good game and going back at it few times every decades, think retro games

so wow 1 preservation against its enemies + wow 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Also make the game free to play like other MMOs. WoW 2 would work, if you could transfer your progress over. But WoW 2 is basically Shadowlands. It's literally just an expansion

Fire Ion Hazzikostas first. Fire his staff 2nd. Fire the writing staff 3rd.

Bring in people who actually know what the game should have going forward, and some writing staff that can actually write a fucking cohesive story.

WoW needs to stop playing it safe every expansion and try to take more risks. As of now the game has stagnated where we do the exact same thing every single time. It worked for some time but now the game is 15 years old and needs to improvise more often.

They could try to settle the Alliance and Horde on a whole new planet which is double the size of Azeroth, have villains win more often which leads to devastating results for both the factions and the world, utilize existing features to their maximum potential rather than just leaving them to die and forgotten for the next expansion (examples are take pet battles far enough to make tournaments for them like in Pokémon, make warfronts actually challenging that uses strategy over zerging to win, use more dynamic battlefields for any big feature.)

A WoW 2.0 is a possibility but I doubt that a lot of people would want to lose all of their progress. It would be very refreshing to start all over on a new world and try to recapture the experience you had when you first played WoW, but apparently its not something everyone wants. If you carry their progress over than it kinds of ruins the point of entering a new game. Also imagine the possibilities of a vastly updated engine. The current engine is still very old and has troubles to do a lot of features properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tearsofflame View Post

I'd start by doing away with references to shitty political slogans.

ud have to redo the game from scratch,

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay this may sound stupiud and whatnot but how would i make the game great again simple: i would create azerothian dragon balls and just like on the show those who gather them all seven get to make a wish nothing that breaks the game would take blizzard a bit to make the rules for them but what would be a must rule any player with a dragon ball is automatically flagged for playe rkilling no matter what the level of the player also these items cannot be mailed to another(alt) they would be bound on pickup also a Do you really want to loot this item box would be required to be given to a player also an option can be stuck in loot interface to a do not loot
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

They need to make me think it's worth the time investment to do things. Catch up mechanics for instance completely makes current gearing content just feel like a waste of time.

On topic:

I'd probably conduct a few surveys about current WoW, WoW classic and maybe include some other questions (what were your favourite expansions and features) to find out where the biggest overlap is and how you can get people to be invested in the game in the long term again.

On a purely personal level, I'd start with a soft reboot of the setting (maybe another old world revamp with a "dark ages" theme of fallen civilizations, decaying infrastructure, declining cultures and technology, migration etc.) in order to bring things to a more down-to-earth scope when it comes to characters and the overall stories that are being told. I think people are getting really saturated with big screen world ending threats. I'd also reduce the amount of bloated, unnecessary systems that currently plague the game and return it to a previous state (Artifacts/Azerite and other weird power progression systems can go out the window so we can go back to a focus on regular items (maybe set boni), talents and glyphs).
    I'd think about returning the relic and ranged weapon slot (maybe change it up a little e.g. allow warriors to have a shield in the relic slot instead of ranged weapons) and work them into the classes in an interesting way (you could make them function similar to Legiondaries to alter your gameplay in a fun and meaningful way but nothing extremely powerful). I'd also bring back PvP gear (either the MoP or WoD version of it). Class reworks should also be a major factor when it comes to making WoW great again.

Moreover, I'd probably remove World Quests (probably the worst content Blizzard ever created imo). Their rewards (basic gear that gets you into the relevant content but gets irrelevant rather quickly) would be replaced by an overhauled rep faction system that is tied to the different leveling zones and functions similar to the end game Suramar storyline (with a few options for repeatable content that can also involve dungeons, scenarios like the withered stuff etc.). I'd also add mechanics that allow you to speed this process up for alts once you've done these on your main (similar to MoP).

I don't think there need to be fundamental changes to how dungeons/pvp/raids work as they seem pretty popular as they are though maybe I'd prune some of the difficulty options according to player feedback.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-01-08 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    ud have to redo the game from scratch,
    Looll
    Made me laugh out loud!