Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Except, if you reread MY post, you might notice I never claimed they LISTEN to forums. I merely said that (classic) forums are proof that there are people, and a significant number of them, who WANT the things we got later on. Did we get them BECAUSE people asked on forums? I don't know. Though I doubt it. BUT forums are proof that players can't agree on anything, since the things that SOME people complain about the loudest, are also the things other players WANT and ask for. So, who should Blizzard listen to? Is your opinion more valid than mine? Why do you assume that you are part of the majority, while others are part of (vocal) minority?

I think you vastly underestimate the data Blizzard gets from the game itself. You talk of surveys, and yet, are they really needed? I'm sure Blizzard gets comprehensive data of all the things players do in game, how many people do pvp, how many people do pve, m+, raids, wqs, emissaries, islands, warfronts, anything really, and based on that data, they focus on certain aspects of the game, and design further content. It's much more useful data than forums, or surveys, or anything, since it represents players across the board, all types of players, and not just a tiny amount that bothers with forums/fansites/surveys/etc.
    None is more right than other. Just using logic.
    You guys are both using your logic, doesn't need to be necessarily treated as your logic sucks because mine is better now, does it?
    I understand kami's points and i understand yours.
    Pretty sure indeed they have data that is not just forums.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, try reading my post again. Blizzard doesnt listen to players, if anything, they listen to small part of playerbase. Which is not valid comm method.
    He just confirmed my point. Forum is not valid medium.
    If they don't listen to players, they also don't listen to a small part of them. You're contradicting yourself.

Besides, this reeks of the old listening to = immediately implement all suggestions fallacy.

Z0mbiE DrAgOns!!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If they don't listen to players, they also don't listen to a small part of them. You're contradicting yourself.

Besides, this reeks of the old listening to = immediately implement all suggestions fallacy.
    listening to players in not the same as listening to very small portion of it.
    Of course they should not implement all that players says. BUT having surveys and checking out what players don't like the most in particular feature is the way to go.

Ex.

What aspect you dislike the most about island expeditions:

1. They are too short
    2. They are too long
    3. Too repetitive
    4. Rewards are too bland
    5. Feels forced
    6. Mobs are too hard
    7. Mobs are too easy
    8. Gets boring really fast
    9. Vendor items that helps each run are boring
    etc.

This way you can identify what is the biggest problem player has with certain feature and try to address it, instead of going blind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Corrupted gear does look like a bad idea, but I guess we'll have a better idea next week.

For starters, I wish they would get rid of path finder and either charge through the nose for flying or introduce it sooner. It should be up me how I explore content, having flying doesn't mean I'll unsub because I consume content marginally faster. If the game is good, I'll stay subbed, don't use restrictive design to force me to play one way that in your twisted head is more time consuming because you think it'll lock me down longer. I stay subbed regardless, I was just more annoyed having to swim around and look through mountains and shit when I could have finished a quest or something else faster, and moved on to something else I wanted to do like grind a different rep on another toon or what have you.
    I want Blizzard to stop taking flying away at the start of each expansion as it is silly, but they need to fix it first.

Releasing flying sooner addresses a symptom but does nothing to the cause.
    The things that make you want to do content faster, simpler, easier - that's the root problem.
    - Content designed to make everything that came before obsolete.
    - Nothing you do while leveling really matters.
    - The world is irrelevant. Bunch of Points of Interest with nothing interesting in between worth staying in the ground for.
    - Gear crafting is pointless unless you are rich and want to upgrade a couple pieces of gear 1 day sooner than everyone else
    - All crafting is useless while leveling.
    - Titanforging, beyond its inherently broken design - it was intended to help you overcome progression blocks, but instead it gives you random bursts of power without any correlation to your dedication or skill, and often to the point it makes the fights too easy in most difficulties - makes people racing against a random clock
    - Mythic Plus "infinite" loot
    - Flying is too powerful and convenient - it is a pseudo-sanctuary. Essentially turns the world into an instance. Its mechanics need to change (and I've suggested it before) so that running and ground mounts have a use in fliable areas other than wasting your time.
    The list goes on.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Personal relationships and business relationships are rather different beasts. You're treating a business relationship like a personal relationship.
    I hope you never 'fall in love' with a woman, because you will do everything you can do go into a business relationship with the state when you get a marriage license.

Sorry, but the second you get a marriage license, you're opening a business. Get a clue.

How would you make WoW great again!!!???
    I'd start by firing the Fun Police.

Quote Originally Posted by WhirlwindTV View Post
    #1 Remove flying from the game entirely. It removes interaction with other people or real investment in the world when you just kill mob X for objective Y, then immediately mount up to fly 20 yards for mob Z. Or at the very least, if flying had to remain, then change the cast time from mounting up to at least 5 seconds, remove the ability to hover (meaning constant forward movement), and then add impact damage if you can't land your mount properly. That way flying becomes a dedicated travel choice for distance and not what it is now, grasshoppers flitting from mobs 15 yards apart.

#2 Remove LFR and Heroic modes from raiding. Content is either Normal/Casual for very low ilvl pieces but you want to experience the content, or its Hard with the full raid design intention.

#3 Add in dungeon mobs that boost the damage/health of their allies next to them, which would bring back some semblance of having to CC large pulls in dungeons, instead of what the dungeon schemes are now which is just mindlessly pull everything in range and mindlessly AoE everything down. I remember the TBC pre-nerf Heroic dungeons as being some of the most fun i've had in dungeons playing the game period.

#4 Change Mythic 0 dungeons to actually change mob mechanics from their normal leveling version so that it isn't just a hp/dmg scale. Then institute this in mythic+ where at certain levels there is an addition of variable mob mechanics. On top of this add in variable mob amounts and pathing to each successive +# for keys. Most of the current "difficulty" of running a m+ is "do my teammates have an IQ higher than 50?". Scaling up the numbers alone merely changes the gear and broken class requirements for pushing further, the actual dungeon route/strategies do not change in the slightest.

#5 Change the Blizzard design mentality that major class revision can only happen in between expansions. Class revamping is NOT an expansion feature. Players are not attracted to the new expansion because X class now plays a new way. It only brings back people that quit because they played the previously non-viable spec and want to try the new one out. That person would come back mid expansion if/when that happens for their spec. Even if a class needs revamps more substantial than you'd want to put into say half the expansion left, and those revamps are going to coincide with new content in the next expansion then at the VERY MINIMUM you'd still recognize the need to at least band-aid the class on live with number boosts to the current playstyle before revamping later. Specs should never wallow in the dumpster for multiple patches simply because "the fixes are in the new re-design".

#6 Limit the progression of whatever time sink is designed into the expansion and make it account wide. The draw of the game should be wanting to play the MMO for the MMO aspects; running dungeons, raids, pvp, chilling in the world. You should not be forced to feel like you have to grind a resource for every character simply to be able to play the game. Back in the early expansions you earned Conquest Points doing rated PvP. People didn't just stop playing when they reached their cap for the week, and that cap then facilitated their weekly progression. AP should be the same way. They want to gate a mechanic and progressive strength to characters. That is fine and good, however that should be time spent playing the game period. Not time spent multiplied by how many characters you have and want to play. If people stop playing when they're account capped then so be it, you still have their sub money. However this is an MMO, they're not going to just stop playing when they AP cap. People don't spam dungeons to progress their AP. People don't spam arenas/bg to progress their AP. People would rather do dungeons/bgs/arenas than fly out into the world on 3 seperate characters to do the same generic and boring world quests. If i do all my AP on my main and then just want to PvP on an alt that shouldn't be punished. I'm still spending time in the game. If I did AP on the main and then PvP'd on the main it is functionally the same thing to Blizzard, however for the player they don't always want to PvP/Dungeon on the same class. Yet they're punished for wanting to play alt classes by the current systems.

I probably have more but i'm bored now and heading out.

First good post...not just “classses are boring.” Because classes aren’t boring...the fact that there isn’t a skill cap anymore is a problem..snapshotting was one of the most fun things in combat. It’s not that Pruning has made it boring, it’s been simplified with no snapshotting, GCD changes, etc..a lot of traits do provide fun and engaging differences to rotations.

Flying either needs to available when you hit max level or just removed completely 100%...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    finally start working with private servers that know better than you do nowadays.

I think i wouldn't want to try and make it great again... Instead, right now i'd have a department of writers/lore makers to create a new world history of something new, make the lore canon, not change anything for an idea of a new X-pac.. Then make a new MMO based on that lore, that way we wouldn't have to play x-pacs based on retcon or "pull lore out your ass to make it true"

Get rid of the current, annoying combinations of gating on everything. Seems like everything requires time gating, plus rep gating, plus unique currency gating, plus gold, or even unique currency AND gold. And if it's gear or battle pets, there's RNG on top of that. Having to work for stuff is fine, they've just gone overboard with the hamster wheel philosophy. If they have to KEEP the currency, stop making it out-moded every expansion. Let there be ONE pet currency. ONE PvP currency. If you want to spend it on old stuff, great. If you want to spend it on NEW stuff, great.

If they're going to keep coming up with unique, limited life/limited reward currencies, at least make them account-wide. It's annoying to have enough tokens to buy something...except across several alts combined, so you have to start farming content on ONE toon, when you'd prefer to enjoy it across multiple toons.

In the meantime, too many things feel unrewarding while you're in the middle of the endless grind. Island Expeditions, for example, would be more rewarding if they had more actual REWARDS. I've done a ton of IEs; on a single toon, dual boxing, and at this point I'm soloing expeditions (I have three accounts while I'm doing RaF over the next year), and I still have gotten only one mount, and that was just the other day (worse, it was the stupid moose). I'm still missing a few pets, too, even as I'm getting other pets for the 7th time. In the meantime, you don't really get much out of it besides Azerite, and if you don't need to min/max, Azerite isn't very compelling. For content like this, Blizz needs time sinks like IEs to count towards something more than an insanely low chance at a few mounts and toys, and they need to award some gold with each run.

Get rid of War Mode and revert realms to their previous PvE or PvP status. Give War Mode bonuses on PvP realms as a default. Then, on PvE realms, let people go back to buying flying at level cap. On PvP realms, have Pathfinder (but PvP-related requirements) or ban flying altogether, since PvPers whine so much about flying. If War Mode HAS to stick around, give players an optional Peace Mode, where you can talk to the opposing faction, remain unflagged regardless of where you go, etc.

Get rid of CRZ, or at least give us a toggle to opt in/opt out depending upon what we're trying to do.

Go back to giving tokens for lower level/older current expansion content to make it relevant, and/or go back to making obvious ilvl tiers as you progress from WQs to dungeons to raids. Or both. It's crazy that you can completely skip dungeons (even lower level mythic ones) and lfr, and have gear at least as good as anything they offer from just WQs, Emissary rewards, and the two world bosses in Nazjatar (which will also be irrelevant, except maybe for new toons, in a week).

If they're going to keep so many things tied up in rep, when they're utterly useless by the time you have the rep to buy them, make rep account-, or at least FACTION-wide so at least your alts might benefit.

If they're not going to create armor worth wearing based on its own cosmetic merits, stop designing new (ugly/boring) armor and use the artists' time to redo the most commonly transmogged outfits at high resolution. And for the love of god, if we can't hide our pants, make some freaking pants that don't show under the AQ robes.

Fix the quest log. Despite their leaving it at 25, it's still a mess to find anything, even as it's WAY too limited the way they do things now. A zillion quests per profession, no dungeon quests available from IN the dungeon, random quests from IEs that you collect and never find time to pass in, Raid quests, class quests, old legendary quests, etc., etc. Blizz can break quests into tabs per expansion, and each tab can have collapsible subsections by type of content (WQs, dungeons, raids, pet battles, pvp, professions, etc.). They should also add search functionality, so you can just start typing the name of a quest to have it pop up.

This would do a lot to remove some major annoyances for me, ymmv.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    I hope you never 'fall in love' with a woman, because you will do everything you can do go into a business relationship with the state when you get a marriage license.

Sorry, but the second you get a marriage license, you're opening a business. Get a clue.
    Leaving aside that this seems rather specific to certain countries, those are two different relationships. The personal relationship with the significant other, and the non-personal relationship with the state.

It's also possible to have both a personal and a non-personal relationship with somebody, but one must be careful to keep them seperated.

15+ Year Old Account
    First thing i would do is to close down Retail Servers.

Second thing is to make blizzard start working on Burning Crusade "Classic"

Third thing is to start making polls to the classic community about a potential classic+ experience with new raiding content based on classic lore that never happened.

I also want WoW Classic working as most private servers do where you have to copy ur "classic" character over to "classic tbc" thus leaving it as two separate games, sure it will split the community but if blizz just merges a few servers after TBC "classic" releases we'll get plenty of people left on it anyway even if blizzard was saying that they wanted to avoid merging servers but that really doesnt matter much now when paid transfers are in classic aswell.

pvp free system similar to lineage 2

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tearsofflame View Post
    Also make the game free to play like other MMOs. WoW 2 would work, if you could transfer your progress over. But WoW 2 is basically Shadowlands. It's literally just an expansion
    xD? why shadowlands are wow2? while for example legion made more content than shadowlands gonna bring?

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    First thing i would do is to close down Retail Servers.

Second thing is to make blizzard start working on Burning Crusade "Classic"

Third thing is to start making polls to the classic community about a potential classic+ experience with new raiding content based on classic lore that never happened.

I also want WoW Classic working as most private servers do where you have to copy ur "classic" character over to "classic tbc" thus leaving it as two separate games, sure it will split the community but if blizz just merges a few servers after TBC "classic" releases we'll get plenty of people left on it anyway even if blizzard was saying that they wanted to avoid merging servers but that really doesnt matter much now when paid transfers are in classic aswell.
    Ugh. No, that's your dream. I don't want to play classic neither i want to be forced to play a classic+.

5+ Year Old Account
    1.Return honor points
    2.Sets for classes no for armor type i hate when hunter looks like shaman it totally kills it because you can fit only for one class this same is between rouges, druids...
    3.Pve curenncy for lesser rng
    4.Update world quests and reputations cuz they sucks at now
    5.More skills
    6. something like old talent tree

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    So basically, make the WoW team leaderless and absent of any ability to tell a story?
    Obviously hire better people for those spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Obviously hire better people for those spots.
    Because those just hang around, waiting to be hired.

Imagine Blizzard with 15 years of data from hundreds of millions of players how can anyone get to the assumption that they dont allready weigh each decision with the data they got?

Yes I am sure all they need is a rando forum poster, mostlikely not even playing the current game to tell them what to do, because WoW's leading spot in the MMO genre is clearly a sign that they need help from everyone.
    -