Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because those just hang around, waiting to be hired.
    Tbh there are a LOT of capable developers on the market, but go on and watch some videos about their lives. The constant struggle of not getting paid fairly, to have a really understaffed team, AND getting things done by working 12-16 hours instead of 8 without paid overtime... Yeah life sucks for them.

You know who is rich at Blizzard? The shareholders. And ofc the director's board will vote for a paper that gives them even more money at the expense of the workers and their server infrastructure.
    Why would they vote for a propsal that cuts THEM money while making the developers, players, etc. lifes easier?

(think about this a little, it's not just WoW. I've tried to buy a monitor for 1000 euros, and I cannot get one that doesn't have Quality Check issues. everything is getting more and more expensive, while simultaenously workers are getting paid less and less, benefits gone, there are less and less campaigns for public relations, because that does NOT generate money short-term - because we cannot satisfy the avarice of the rich shareholders)

Remove conquest points, honor should be the only currency in pvp.
    Introduce an universal currency for all pve content, you get the best gear for playing a lot.
    Remove all weekly chests.
    Remove mythic, heroic and LFR raids, leave normal and flexing your raid to 40 gives additional gear.
    Remove LFG, make everyone travel to their destination.
    Nerf flying, introduce cannons that one shot you if get on your flying mount around a city or certain zones.
    Remove mythic dungeons and make heroic just as hard, but with no time limit or aoe spam, you're forced to CC pulls.
    Bring back class sets, but not the tier set bonus.
    Delete all guilds and have players create them again, but creating a guild will require more signatures, just to stop too many small dead guilds spamming invites.
    Force guilds to recruit more people.
    Add lip sync for our characters with the in-game voice.
    Add VR support to socialize (move and talk with your character),but not to use the battle system.
    Add a fourth spec for every class.
    Revamp the old world.

Threads like these make me glad NONE of you run any sort of multi billion dollar company

1) player housing: tottaly cosmetic/ house of fame, think like certain monuments for killing cutting edge bosses or ahead of the curve. Decoration(combined with a new proffesion) a duel arena( where u have total control over how it looks) mount stable, your coolest mounts shown in there for you and your friends. Maybe throw some mini games in vs your friends like tortallan games. And more..

2) reduce the amount of difficulties in dungeons and raids. 4 is to much. But also include 10man raiding again. Much more manageable and fun and socially more interactive.

3) id put in a dungeon set/pvp set/raid set. I hate the fact that a dungeon can provide more meaningfull gear then a raid boss that might only be killed by 5% off the playerbase with weeks of wiping in the process) therefore instead of giving better gear. Give activity gear of some sorts.

4) a more light themed raids/dungeons/ world. Everything so dark and toxic lol.

5) stop incentevizing war mode, its bullshit, pvp cause you wanna pvp. Not to get the pve rewards.

6) more meaningfull questlines if azerite/artifact nonsense still exist, make it about ‘your progression rate’ rather then timegating or ap gating, it doesnt tlel a story nor trains you in the right way.

7) power progression(abillities that fundementaly change/or enhance your powers) should never be locked behind a retarded point system grind. But more with a story driven aspect.

Thats just the top of my head.
    Last edited by Dommie530; 2020-01-13 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I would change the community. Wow's community is so toxic, been playing ffxiv for the first time the past month and it's like night and day.
    Uh... FFXIV's is far worse lol And that's having experience on both games since they came out. People in WoW do not threaten strangers for not playing meta. FFXIV, that's not uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    In FFXIV the toxic peeps lie in wait at high end raiding.

Mark my words, you will find them eventually.
    Or those high end raiders go into casual content against randoms and cause problems when the casuals are clearly nowhere near as geared as they are. I never see this in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    WoW 2

The game is currently too far along for any real, major changes. (It wouldn't be the same game)

So, for WoW2: take everything good from WoW and build upon it in a more modern tools. Cut out all the crap. That's a good starting point.

The really could have ended the game with the end of the alliance/ horde conflict. It was a perfect spot.

I wouldn't have WoW 2 take years either. I would keep it secretly in development and make sure it launched around the same timing as the next x-pac would have. I would also keep the current WoW running and occasionally add something to it.
    This. Blizzard has patched WoW to work a little better on modern hardware but having one of the best video cards, playing on 1080p and getting 40-360fps doesn't make any sense when any other modern game, frame rate doesn't drop below 120. Futureproof the game by possibly making it optimize better and better with more cores.

-Remove the ass-ton of RNG on the gear.
    -Bring reforging back.
    -BRING GODDAMN VALOR TOKENS BACK.
    -Reduce restrictions on weapon transmogs. I want my enhancement shamans to have fist weapons, but there are like no fist weapons so let me mog over axes and hammers or some shit.
    -Reduce itemlevel bloat... like c'mon we don't need a 30 itemlevel boost from myhtic dungeon gear at start of an expansion to Heroic Raid gear at start of an expansion. Reduce it to 5 itemlevels per jump in difficulty. 10 -20 max itemlevel jump per tier. They legit were all "oh no itemlevel bloat is bad you guys" and then in BFA the itemlevel bloat is unreal.
    -Roll the abilities/passives you get from Legion weapon trees into your actual spellbook. This also means less levels where you get nothing.
    -Friendlier alt quality of life.
    -Perhaps find a way for more than one class per character. (Swap class in city or something idk.)
    -Add another talent choice at 110 or 120 if a level squish doesn't happen. (Pretty sure this was confirmed, though??)
    -Reduce LFR to 20 man, and reward valor tokens... maybe even an item you can trade in for an upgrade of a piece of gear or something... earn-able once per week from finishing all wings of latest LFR. (That same token could be in higher raid tiers, too. I am just trying to think of ways to try and get people to be less shitty to others in LFR, and boost the rewards for doing it slightly without it being just better than running normal.)

And frankly, ending WoW, bringing on a time skip for WoW 2 so they can have a better engine holy shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Uh... FFXIV's is far worse lol And that's having experience on both games since they came out. People in WoW do not threaten strangers for not playing meta. FFXIV, that's not uncommon.

Or those high end raiders go into casual content against randoms and cause problems when the casuals are clearly nowhere near as geared as they are. I never see this in WoW.

This. Blizzard has patched WoW to work a little better on modern hardware but having one of the best video cards, playing on 1080p and getting 40-360fps doesn't make any sense when any other modern game, frame rate doesn't drop below 120. Futureproof the game by possibly making it optimize better and better with more cores.
    Are we playing the same games? Literally never had someone complain to me in FFXIV about not playing meta. In 5 years of playing it. Must be your data center? Or Server? And you've never seen a premade group of highly geared people stomping poorly geared randos in WoW? So is your account a troll account or..?

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Are we playing the same games? Literally never had someone complain to me in FFXIV about not playing meta. In 5 years of playing it. Must be your data center? Or Server? And you've never seen a premade group of highly geared people stomping poorly geared randos in WoW? So is your account a troll account or..?
    Always giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming you're being genuinely honest. It may be YOUR server that has all the nice people or you've just gotten extremely lucky? Any forum I've ever visited all state what I've said.

Troll? huh?

Quote Originally Posted by tearsofflame View Post
    Over the years, Blizzard's content was much appreciated. But they started to get lead astray.
    But yeah I dont play on coming back until Class revamps and when they take off the reputation requirements for allied races. Time-gated world quests and rep grinds arent fun at all.
    Also corrupted gear was a bad idea. Now they're forcing you to wear gear that corrupts you. And you're forced to wear other gear to balance that out. Seems like a useless idea when they could've just stuck to regular gear as they always have.
    Just my opinion. Also, dont make a flying achievement. Go back to how it was and just pay gold for flying. Nothing should feel time-gated or forced.
    Also, make currency more universal. No more tokens or any other currency, just go back to the old way where everything was Gold.
    More alt friendly and if you max out a character, you should unlock a heirloom set of your choosing for your alt.

How would you make WoW good heading forwards?
    Have Blizzard seperate from Activision, Hire back the old Blizzard developers so they can make games for the players and not for their banks.

Quote Originally Posted by smitey View Post
    Have Blizzard seperate from Activision, Hire back the old Blizzard developers so they can make games for the players and not for their banks.
    While true... to be fair, it's the shareholder's fault for wanting something to show for their investments NOW rather than doing the usual "take good development time to release a quality product" topped with helping shareholders bring in more $$ by hiring budget developers from no-name schools who are willing to work for the minimum possible salary available.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    Fire Ion Hazzikostas first. Fire his staff 2nd. Fire the writing staff 3rd.

Bring in people who actually know what the game should have going forward, and some writing staff that can actually write a fucking cohesive story.
    So trade one groups "idea of what wow is supposed to be" for another groups "idea of what wow is supposed to be"?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Here are the things I like that Blizz has done:

1: Artifact Weapons; the weapon talents were awesome and brought classic feel back into the game without the need to follow cookie-cutter builds because you filled the entire tree out.
    2: Legion legendaries were nice and brought some cool interactions with certain builds.
    3: Valor Points and other PvE currency; having a weekly grind is way better than a daily grind.
    4: Introduction of Mythic+ is the only reason I play the game still

Here are what I do not like:

1: Artifact/Azerite Power grind. Doing Maw of Souls forever in 7.0 and 7.1 was miserable and having to do every Azerite Power WQ in BfA was even worse.
    2: War/Titanforging. Hard content should be rewarded, not luck.
    3: Removing Tier Sets. I understand why they would take them out for Azerite gear, but Azerite gear was a terrible replacement.
    4: Weekly Gamble Chest. Both Rated PvP and M+ weekly chests are terrible gambles with sometimes the worst return on time ever.

In Shadowlands, I am hoping they change WQs to be more like the N'Zoth invasions being 3 times a week and a change around a zone instead of just a few repeating quests. Ion mentioned that they are going to already change the weekly chests to be a selection of items based on what you ran instead of just a random piece, which I think would be the best change. Shadowlands legendaries should also avoid the problem Legion legendaries had, so I'm happy with what they've said about it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tearsofflame View Post
    Over the years, Blizzard's content was much appreciated. But they started to get lead astray.
    But yeah I dont play on coming back until Class revamps and when they take off the reputation requirements for allied races. Time-gated world quests and rep grinds arent fun at all.
    Also corrupted gear was a bad idea. Now they're forcing you to wear gear that corrupts you. And you're forced to wear other gear to balance that out. Seems like a useless idea when they could've just stuck to regular gear as they always have.
    Just my opinion. Also, dont make a flying achievement. Go back to how it was and just pay gold for flying. Nothing should feel time-gated or forced.
    Also, make currency more universal. No more tokens or any other currency, just go back to the old way where everything was Gold.
    More alt friendly and if you max out a character, you should unlock a heirloom set of your choosing for your alt.

How would you make WoW good heading forwards?
    Perhaps booting Ion with someone better that has an actual passion for the game and it's players?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    Fire Ion Hazzikostas first. Fire his staff 2nd. Fire the writing staff 3rd.

Bring in people who actually know what the game should have going forward, and some writing staff that can actually write a fucking cohesive story.
    This is the only logical solution.

Remove Ion and anyone directly below him who was complicit in this nightmare of an expansion. Then fire the writing team who's currently coming up with the fanfic levels of garbage in BfA.

Never forget: https://imgur.com/r/wow/FX4poT6

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Perhaps booting Ion with someone better that has an actual passion for the game and it's players?
    Ion doesn't participate in a shred of the content he himself designs. He doesn't do Warfronts, WQs or Islands.

All he does is log on to raid Mythic and does so with grey and green parses being carried by his guild.

The first and most important thing is making classes fun to play. Your class is how you experience and interact with the world and what's in it. Too much stuff has been pruned from classes. Most of the classes feel very shallow right now with overly simplified rotations and the standard "Build and spend" resource model. This leaves the classes feeling very repetitive and they get boring quickly.

Something in particular with BfA is that both Mythic+ and raids are just absolutely stuffed full of trash. I understand why some trash is needed, but it's called trash for a reason. Don't make most of the player's dungeon time being spamming AoEs. Most classes' AoE rotations are even more boring than their single target ones. I think the bosses overall were pretty good this expansion, but the trash is just a bunch of wasted time.

World content really, really needs to be spiced up. It's boring and it's mostly just there to gate flying and rep rewards. You're very rarely in any actual danger while out in the world. You just run around AoEing done packs of stuff then moving one. World quests overall are not well designed and I think most people, or maybe it's just me, will specifically target the world quests that will be fastest to complete(usually the Kill 1 mob) ones.

I think that's also the trash and world content stuff along with things like AP is kind of the crux of the current problem: A lot of modern WoW just feels like stuff that is meant to consume your time, not something that's meant to be fun and enjoyable.

Also the story is complete and utter shit right now and I don't think anything is going to fix it without just replacing the whole writing team.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Always giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming you're being genuinely honest. It may be YOUR server that has all the nice people or you've just gotten extremely lucky? Any forum I've ever visited all state what I've said.

Troll? huh?
    The "troll" comment was regarding the "overly geared players waiting to stomp lesser geared" or some such. I've seen that happen an absolute shit-ton in BGs and world pvp. And yeah fine, maybe Crystal Data Center/Mataeus is just good. I hope that didn't come off too harsh. I was operating on tired brain.

rogues should not be nerfed all the time for one. i would stop nerfing a class that doesn't have rep. bring back old subtlety feeling. other than that i think wow is doing good.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    The "troll" comment was regarding the "overly geared players waiting to stomp lesser geared" or some such. I've seen that happen an absolute shit-ton in BGs and world pvp. And yeah fine, maybe Crystal Data Center/Mataeus is just good. I hope that didn't come off too harsh. I was operating on tired brain.
    That's fine and in all fairness, I didn't notice the comment about overly-geared players waiting to stomp lesser geared". That absolutely happens in WoW. One of the many reasons good players do not like twinks.