Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 8.3 PTR - New World Bosses

Patch 8.3 PTR - New World Bosses
    Patch 8.3 adds two world bosses to the rotation, each dropping baseline item level 445 loot. You will find Grand Empress Shek'zara as the weekly boss in The Vale of Eternal Blossoms while it is being assaulted by Allies of N'Zoth, and Vuk'laz the Earthbreaker in Uldum while it is being assaulted by Allies of N'Zoth.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Grand Empress Shek'zara
    With the awakening of N'Zoth, Shek'zara, empress of the mantid, pledged her swarm to the old god's will. In service of her dark master, she unleashed her forces upon the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to claim Pandaria in N'Zoth's name.

• Overview - Grand Empress Shek'zara uses her powerful voice and Zara'thik Swarmguard to overwhelm enemies.
    • Song of the Empress - Shek'zara chants the Song of the Empress, emitting sound waves that travel outwards from her.
      Players that come into contact with Song of the Empress are Silenced and suffer 4 Nature damage every 0.5 sec for 3 sec.
    • Force and Verve - Shek'zara shouts, inflicting 33 Nature damage every 1 sec for 6 sec.
      Players standing in a Sound Barrier take 70% reduced damage from Force and Verve.
    • Summon Swarmguard - Shek'zara summons her Zara'thik Swarmguard to aid her in battle.
      • Zara'thik Swarmguard -
        • Bladestorm - Charges to a player's location and spins a blade around the caster, inflicting 33 Physical damage to all nearby enemies every 1 sec.
      • Zara'thik Ambershaper -
        • Amber Bolt Volley - Fires bolts of hardened amber at all nearby enemies, inflicting 25 Nature damage.

LevelTypeSlotNameModel Viewer
    445FingerFingerLoop of Abhorrent Celerity
    445ClothHeadManiacal Speaker's Cover
     Modelviewer
    445LeatherHeadGuise of the Voracious Prowler
     Modelviewer
    445MailLegsGreaves of Shattered Thoughts
     Modelviewer
    445PlateLegsChitinous Conqueror's Legplates
     Modelviewer

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Vuk'laz the Earthbreaker
    Plumbing the forgotten depths of Azeroth, Prophet Skitra unearthed a devastating aqir known as Vuk'laz the Earthbreaker. Now freed from its subterranean slumber, Vuk'laz turns its destructive power against those who oppose N'Zoth.

• Overview - Vuk'laz is a living weapon of war that attempts to overcome its enemies with devastating physical attacks. As the battle rages Vuk'laz summons scarabs to its aid from beneath the Writhing Sands.
    • Vuk'laz the Earthbreaker -
      • Tremor Wave - Vuk'laz unleashes a mighty tremor, knocking back all players in a 40 yard frontal cone and inflicting 50 Physical damage.
      • Writhing Sands - Vuk'laz summons a horde of Aqir scarabs from beneath the sands.
        • Aqir Scarab - Aqir Scarabs emerge from the sands to swarm and overwhelm players.
      • Razor Spines - Vuk'laz shoots razor sharp spines from its carapace, inflicting 30 Physical damage to all players within 0 yards.
      • Crushing Claws - Vuk'laz lashes out with both claws, inflicting 90 Physical damage to its current target.

LevelTypeSlotNameModel Viewer
    445FingerFingerBand of Insidious Ruminations
    445ClothLegsBreeches of Faithful Execution
     Modelviewer
    445LeatherLegsGrotesque Mutilator's Leggings
     Modelviewer
    445MailHeadPsyche Tormentor's Visage
     Modelviewer
    445PlateHeadGreathelm of Indiscriminate Brutality
     Modelviewer
    Last edited by chaud; 2020-01-12 at 01:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that really the full loot table?

World bosses drop loot?! Lost count, and all I get is 60g off them... -.-

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do they spawn the 14th or 21st?

Now I want Mantid as a playable race so I can make one and name him Zorak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where was N'zoth when Shek'zir was going to steamroll the Klaxxi and destroy your egg, Shek'zara?

Ungrateful bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Now I want Mantid as a playable race so I can make one and name him Zorak.
    I want a faceless and call it Zoidberg

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Do they spawn the 14th or 21st?
    Probably start on the 21st when the raid opens
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Where was N'zoth when Shek'zir was going to steamroll the Klaxxi and destroy your egg, Shek'zara?

Ungrateful bug.
    Ya, I know she was an easy to use lore string for a reason that we have enemies, but they could have mixed things up a little. Honestly I think it would have been more fun if N'zoth showed up and most of the mantid followed him, but she instead denounces him and starts up the opposing rep faction, mostly because the old gods have done nothing but use the mantid up to this point.

Ungrateful bug.
    Chained up under Azeroth? >_>

I'm more surprised this is even a thing. Why didn't we give her egg to the Pandaren to raise as a peaceful Mantid leader after we killed the Klaxxi?

@Stoy: Doesn't one of these bosses drop an Alpaca Mount?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

I'm more surprised this is even a thing. Why didn't we give her egg to the Pandaren to raise as a peaceful Mantid leader after we killed the Klaxxi?

It was a rhetorical question.

Also, our characters virtually never make good decisions. Just ask Gul'dan!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

well I would imagine after the Klaxxi pledged themselves to Garrosh they probably gave the egg to the other Mantid, who by that time were united together by the return of Y'Shaarj (or his heart at least)

there the recolors are. i was wondering if blizzard forgot how to recycle old shit

Also, our characters virtually never make good decisions. Just ask Gul'dan!
    Or giving Xal'atath to Sylvanas LMAO that's probably the worst decision a Horde character has ever made. Insane.

The empress fight looks bugged.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Will they drop or is there a CHANCE to drop like stupid actual world bosses?

Never dropped anything out of them in months.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Will they drop or is there a CHANCE to drop like stupid actual world bosses?

Never dropped anything out of them in months.
    You must be extremely unlucky, I’ve gotten quite a few bits of gear over the last couple of months on multiple toons.

10+ Year Old Account

As of now none of these are listed as dropping one of the 3 alpaca mounts. Dunegorger Kraulok, the bone t-rex in Vul'dun, is currently listed as the world boss source for one, which is odd but it hasn't changed on the ptr at all. The other two are from entirely different methods involving rare finds in uldum and vol'dun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Or giving Xal'atath to Sylvanas LMAO that's probably the worst decision a Horde character has ever made. Insane.
    Hey whoa, worst decision so far*.

Next expac we'll be giving The Jailer the keys to the corvette and all of our banking passwords.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Or siding with the allia... I mean saurfang.

I feel like actively siding with the enemy during war should have been a worse decision than giving an empty knife to sylvanas.

And now we see that at least one member of horse's ruling council is just hanging out with his best bud anduin in stormwind, instead of leading the horde. Lol