Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Many British tabloids are saying the same thing, that Meghan will just use up Harry and divorce him when the money runs out.

I'm inclined to agree, she is pretty much a Hollywood darling and those are pretty much known for going through husband's like wine bottles.

Though seems like America wants to think of her as the American princess, even though she never was a princess, just a duchess, and she won't be that for much longer either.

Could have just learned your place in the hierarchy Megs, pity you pulled Harry down with yah.

I'm not a royalist btw, I just tell it like see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Did you happen to "see it" in British tabloid rags? Because those are their talking points, pretty much verbatim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Did you happen to "see it" in British tabloid rags? Because those are their talking points, pretty much verbatim.
    I suppose they are. And what are the American tabloids saying about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Many British tabloids are saying the same thing, that Meghan will just use up Harry and divorce him when the money runs out.

I'm inclined to agree, she is pretty much a Hollywood darling and those are pretty much known for going through husband's like wine bottles.
    She likely has more money than Harry does. She was already rich when they met. Even if she were a gold-digger, moving away from England like this is the last thing she'd want to do, because she's having to give all that up.

Nothing about the circumstances supports this sexist bullshit. Those tabloids are muckrakers who make shit up to sell papers; you shouldn't be giving anything they say any credence.

Could have just learned your place in the hierarchy Megs, pity you pulled Harry down with yah.
    Struggling to see how this is anything but racism.

She didn't have a title, but you can literally buy those. And she had the money, if she wanted to. Other than a title, she was more professionally successful than Harry, likely had more personal wealth than Harry. She's at a comparable level to his.

And since the argument would have applied to a much greater degree with Kate, and you're not mouthing off about her, it makes it clear this isn't about social class at all. Which is what brings us back to the only remaining "hierarchy" possibility; racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    She likely has more money than Harry does. She was already rich when they met. Even if she were a gold-digger, moving away from England like this is the last thing she'd want to do, because she's having to give all that up.

Nothing about the circumstances supports this sexist bullshit. Those tabloids are muckrakers who make shit up to sell papers; you shouldn't be giving anything they say any credence.

Struggling to see how this is anything but racism.

She didn't have a title, but you can literally buy those. And she had the money, if she wanted to. Other than a title, she was more professionally successful than Harry, likely had more personal wealth than Harry. She's at a comparable level to his.

And since the argument would have applied to a much greater degree with Kate, and you're not mouthing off about her, it makes it clear this isn't about social class at all. Which is what brings us back to the only remaining "hierarchy" possibility; racism.
    So being American is classed as a race now? Is that where your mind goes?

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose they are. And what are the American tabloids saying about this?
    I wouldn't know, I'm not in the habit of repeating crap I hear from Barnaby Joyce or read in the Daily Mail.

- - - Updated - - -

Meghan Markle is biracial. Don't be obtuse.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    You talked about a "hierarchy". I'll admit the possibility that you're so ridiculously nationalist that you think Americans are inferior to Brits legitimately did not occur to me, because it's such a ridiculously fringe viewpoint that I didn't think anyone would seriously support it.

Is that it? Do you think Americans are all inherently inferior to Brits, in some fantasy "hierarchy" in your mind? Because if that's not it, you weren't ever talking about her being American.

10+ Year Old Account
    You talked about a "hierarchy". I'll admit the possibility that you're so ridiculously nationalist that you think Americans are inferior to Brits legitimately did not occur to me, because it's such a ridiculously fringe viewpoint that I didn't think anyone would seriously support it.
    Lol, wow. Okay let me explain this one since it went right over your head. The hierarchy I said is the royal family themselves. The implication was that meg would have to one day bow to those above her in the royal hierarchy, including people like William and Cate if they became king and queen. The jab was taking a poke at her entitled arrogance that she wouldn't want to be bowing to anyone, despite the fact she'd have to and in marrying the second son, she'd never be in a higher level up the royal chain, unless Charles and Harry and George all die.

This is like explaining a joke to my nephew...

Meghan Markle has done nothing to warrant this kind of hate.

So shes a divorcee? So are millions of others.

I dont understand why you would hate someone you've never met unless it was someone who done something terrible and it was publicly known.

Woman marry into power/money literally every minute.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, wow. Okay let me explain this one since it went right over your head. The hierarchy I said is the royal family themselves. The implication was that meg would have to one day bow to those above her in the royal hierarchy, including people like William and Cate if they became king and queen. The jab was taking a poke at her entitled arrogance that she wouldn't want to be bowing to anyone, despite the fact she'd have to and in marrying the second son, she'd never be in a higher level up the royal chain, unless Charles and Harry and George all die.

This is like explaining a joke to my nephew...
    So, a whole bunch of utter horseshit that has no basis in reality.

Nothing you've said there is true. You're making it all up, out of nothing but your personal animus against Meghan Markle. Worse, it doesn't even justify your prior statements, since you're apparently basing this on your misinformation about how she's acted post marriage, and you were making a case for why she never should have married Harry at all.

Note that it's not Meghan and Harry's marriage that's falling apart, here. They're doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    This thread for the most part has been a bigger trainwreck than the British Royal family.

OT: I'm constantly surprised by how emotionally involved people get regarding the royals. Something happens and people act like they actually give a flying fuck, its amazing, because the rest of the time they get completely and utterly ignored, so I don't particuarly find this outrage remotely sincere.

I guess with the past 3 years of Brexit news, it's a welcome distraction but anyone pretending that they give a toss about any of this has either got a very hollow and empty life and they should try getting out and meeting some people, any people for that matter; or is completely full of shit and just drama mongering.
    Yea, as little as a I care about the whole Harry/Megan debacle it does provide a nice bit of relief from having Brexit plastered on the headlines again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    People can do two things at once y'know.
    Really? because the only thing dominating British media right now is this, prince Andrew has gotten a free pass no calls for his title or to be kicked from the royal family. Even at it's height the most you get out of the press is that it was disturbing yet people are so ready to kick Meghan out.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, a whole bunch of utter horseshit that has no basis in reality.

Nothing you've said there is true. You're making it all up, out of nothing but your personal animus against Meghan Markle. Worse, it doesn't even justify your prior statements, since you're apparently basing this on your misinformation about how she's acted post marriage, and you were making a case for why she never should have married Harry at all.

Note that it's not Meghan and Harry's marriage that's falling apart, here. They're doing just fine.
    As I say, seems you lot over the pond think of her as your princess. Getting kinda raised blood pressure there captain?

10+ Year Old Account
    As I say, seems you lot over the pond think of her as your princess. Getting kinda raised blood pressure there captain?
    I've never said anything to give that impression. So once again, you're making shit up out of nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never said anything to give that impression. So once again, you're making shit up out of nothing.
    Endus, I'ma tell you from personal experience.

The hardest part about coming out about being gay is coming out.

The second hardest part is realising how many white gays actually have pretty fucking terrible opinions and would vote for conservative parties in a heartbeat if they weren't actively discriminating against them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    which part of "multibillion lawsuit the Windsors would win eyes closed" flies over your head still ?
    Would they win a lawsuit over property they obtained on the backs of serfs? It's all stolen goods, the UK does have forfeiture laws. I can see why you are confused.

An alternative would be revolution, the french seem to be doing much better without their monarchy.

10+ Year Old Account

The second hardest part is realising how many white gays actually have pretty fucking terrible opinions and would vote for conservative parties in a heartbeat if they weren't actively discriminating against them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I presume the third is realizing how many of them DO vote for conservative parties anyway.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Less shocking if one is vaguely familiar with Andrew Sullivan and Milo. They have a shocking level of hatred towards women, moreso towards women that have power.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Though seems like America wants to think of her as the American princess, even though she never was a princess, just a duchess, and she won't be that for much longer either.

Many british tabloids are also really stupid, and it is now kind of hypocritical, with all of them "caring" about Prince Harry. He was, among other things known as the "Nazi Prince" due to his costume choice once, and was honestly rather unliked by conservative tabloids in the first place.
    Also, with regards to money, honestly, Meghan is a very successful person her self. A Hollywood darling.. can go through husbands, because they can afford it. Not because they are gold diggers, who are sucking their husband dry, and go for the next.

And with America thinks of her as "American princess", we have here the problem, that the Americans have no understanding how royal titles work. Diana was princess, because Charles is Prince of Wales. William or Harry are prince by blood, but not substantive,where they are dukes, meaning that their spouses will "only" be duchesses.
    Last edited by josykay; 2020-01-13 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Many british tabloids are also really stupid, and it is now kind of hypocritical, with all of them "caring" about Prince Harry.
    I was only a kid but still found the mawkish "She wuzz der peeples Princess" shit from the tabloids after she was killed a complete turn around from their usual "Who's she sleeping with now oh mai gawd" headlines that dominated previously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.