Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    They are literally using raid assets for the new invasions land masses are not the only asset in the game.
    Oh, do not tell me they reuse a boss mob in one of their assaults.

What a great "asset sharing" that is.

Listen, friend, it is about creating world content for 100% of the players of WORLD of Warcraft, compared to raid content for a way smaller playerbase.

When will that loser which is game director finally learn that his idea of what the game should be does not correspondend with what his players want? When will he discover that the reason millions of players quit a new expac after one month is not missing mythic dungeons content but horribly designed world content? When will that guy learn to design the game properly?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    Oh, do not tell me they reuse a boss mob in one of their assaults.

What a great "asset sharing" that is.

Listen, friend, it is about creating world content for 100% of the players of WORLD of Warcraft, compared to raid content for a way smaller playerbase.

When will that loser which is game director finally learn that his idea of what the game should be does not correspondend with what his players want? When will he discover that the reason millions of players quit a new expac after one month is not missing mythic dungeons content but horribly designed world content? When will that guy learn to design the game properly?
    they are using more then a boss or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    Agreed, I wonder why they didn't make us go there like Argus V2.
    Perhaps they felt like Nazjatar and Mechagon were kinda like that? I think Legion only had Argus added iirc so BFA would have Mecha/Nazj and then Ny'Alotha.
    If the choice was between mechagon and Nyalotha I think the choice would be pretty easy.... lol.. fuck those amputee gnomes

Mabye you need glasses or something because they are using more then a boss or two.
    Have you understood what i talk about? And that it is about the world which gets no addition other than the typical world questing content they know noone likes to play?

Have you understood they have not created a new open world region based on the art style of nyalotha?

Have you understood there is no "Nyalotha" region where we have great open world content?

Have you understood there is just a raid, the content the devs love, and nothing new to open world content design?

Have you understood they focus on gameplay many people are not interested in?

they are using more then a boss or two.

Still nothing compared to what it should have been.

A Ny'alotha WQ zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

A Ny'alotha WQ zone.
    He wants to pretend that using some polygons from the raid is the same.

Where is Nyalotha City?

Where is a big quest hub with a story driven quest line?

Where are scenarios and story videos?

Where is the effort from the start of BFA, from a viewport of Art?

Where is a large region as like Argus?

He wants to pretend that using some polygons from the raid is the same.

Where is Nyalotha City?

Where is a big quest hub with a story driven quest line?

Where are scenarios and story videos?

Where is the effort from the start of BFA, from a viewport of Art?

Where is a large region as like Argus?
    Argus had 3 zones, albeit the third was kind of like typical Legion black and green stuff. But MacAree and Krokuun were kind of cool.

By comparison, just one Ny'alotha zone would've been great. And considering they had the manpower to give two fel zones (not a lot of work, but more than the work on Uldum and Vale) and one fairly unique zone in MacAree, they could've arguably given us corrupted Uldum and Vale and also a Ny'alotha zone.

But even just a Ny'alotha zone would've been good.

But even just a Ny'alotha zone would've been good.
    Yeah, but we do not get that. As they have lowered their own budget by losing most of their customers.

And that happened due to wrong design decisions.

It is the fault of the designers that this happens. And the current game director is Ion Hazzikostas.

He should face the consequencies for what he did.

7+ Year Old Account
    Have you understood what i talk about? And that it is about the world which gets no addition other than the typical world questing content they know noone likes to play?

Have you understood they have not created a new open world region based on the art style of nyalotha?

Have you understood there is no "Nyalotha" region where we have great open world content?

Have you understood there is just a raid, the content the devs love, and nothing new to open world content design?

Have you understood they focus on gameplay many people are not interested in?
    There being no new land mass doesn’t mean all the new world content doesn’t exist and doesn’t mean there isn’t new assets used in said content. There isn’t “just a raid” there’s another things to do in the world rather that be invasions dark visions or the new lengthily quest line. This patch is just like ToC or SoO just because they don’t add a new land mass doesn’t mean they haven’t added any thing else.

- - - Updated - - -

A Ny'alotha WQ zone.
    I don’t disagree with that I disagree that there is no new world content or no new assets used in said world content. While new zones are always preferable that doesn’t mean when we don’t get one there is no world content.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but we do not get that. As they have lowered their own budget by losing most of their customers.

And that happened due to wrong design decisions.

It is the fault of the designers that this happens. And the current game director is Ion Hazzikostas.

He should face the consequencies for what he did.
    This doesn’t make a lick of sense, most of the lost customers happened before ion was in charge rather that be cata or wod.

There being no new land mass doesn’t mean all the new world content doesn’t exist and doesn’t mean there isn’t new assets used in said content. There isn’t “just a raid” there’s another things to do in the world rather that be invasions dark visions or the new lengthily quest line. This patch is just like ToC or SoO just because they don’t add a new land mass doesn’t mean they haven’t added any thing else.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t disagree with that I disagree that there is no new world content or no new assets used in said world content. While new zones are always preferable that doesn’t mean when we don’t get one there is no world content.
    Yeah, sure.

But Uldum and Vale are really just old zones with a few of those assets sprinkled about and maybe some void goo. It's pretty minimal work. If they'd expanded Ny'alotha, they could've had a WQ area where N'zoth constantly looms over you, and then at the center, deeper into the city, there's the raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sure.

But Uldum and Vale are really just old zones with a few of those assets sprinkled about and maybe some void goo. It's pretty minimal work. If they'd expanded Ny'alotha, they could've had a WQ area where N'zoth constantly looms over you, and then at the center, deeper into the city, there's the raid.
    Ya a molten front like zone would have been betting I’m not saying it wouldn’t be im just refuting that there is no world content or no assets being used on it as both are just flatly untrue.

You forgot Timeless Isle. ToC was in days when there was no regular open world content in World of Warcraft.

And no, patch 8.3 is not comparable. It features a raid only at the end of an expac, where a long content draught is likely to follow considering how lazy the devs are at their current budget. That means, there will be no new open world content anytime soon, while the former expacs always offered world content at the end of the expac. Which means, the developers changed their development focus entirely, means, people have to play the same raid for the whole end phase of that bad BFA expac.

It is not just they do not add new world content, they obviously also have not invested a little bit in improving it after they got a lot of feedback that their design is dull beyond belief. Beside that, the raid itself is a large raid, with tons of new boss mechanics, but no sane game director would have asked his audience which needs novelty to have no new world content for all the days that come up to 9.x.

It is not just a biased design decision, it is a massively stupid design decision, in the hope people will eat all the reused assets from catacylsm and Mists of Pandaria with questing content some monkeys would not play because it is too dull for them.

Hazzikostas and his mythic dungeon runners should think about their attitudes and check how they could give content to as many players as possible, but raiding is not that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Looks like shit to me.

8.2.5 should’ve been the last patch so they can focus on Shadowlands. We didn’t need this side plot detour.
    and leave BfA completely unfinished which would make the expansion triple times worse than it already is and leave us with what? 15? 16? months of content drought.

The expansion isn't gonna come any faster by abandoning the current one.
    Should i remind you of wod?

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    You forgot Timeless Isle. ToC was in days when there was no regular open world content in World of Warcraft.

And no, patch 8.3 is not comparable. It features a raid only at the end of an expac, where a long content draught is likely to follow considering how lazy the devs are at their current budget. That means, there will be no new open world content anytime soon, while the former expacs always offered world content at the end of the expac. Which means, the developers changed their development focus entirely, means, people have to play the same raid for the whole end phase of that bad BFA expac.

It is not just they do not add new world content, they obviously also have not invested a little bit in improving it after they got a lot of feedback that their design is dull beyond belief. Beside that, the raid itself is a large raid, with tons of new boss mechanics, but no sane game director would have asked his audience which needs novelty to have no new world content for all the days that come up to 9.x.

It is not just a biased design decision, it is a massively stupid design decision, in the hope people will eat all the reused assets from catacylsm and Mists of Pandaria with questing content some monkeys would not play because it is too dull for them.

Hazzikostas and his mythic dungeon runners should think about their attitudes and check how they could give content to as many players as possible, but raiding is not that.
    Ah your right I did forget the timeless isle I was thinking of battle field barrens instead.

But still 8.3 has world content not having a new land mass doesn’t mean there is no new world content.

Ah your right I did forget the timeless isle I was thinking of battle field barrens instead.

But still 8.3 has world content not having a new land mass doesn’t mean there is no new world content.
    It has infact old world content. Regions from cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria. Not even really improved. With old NPCs phased out and new NPCs phased in and new quests that tell no story. With quests that play like "collect 10 bear asses". Design even Ion Hazzikostas does not like.

I mean, he is in the position to change it. If he should not get fired, he should invest a little bit more effort in world content. And if he does not know how to do it right, i am sure there are people in the blizzardverse that know. He should ask people who know how to design a proper RPG open world experience.

My conclusion is: 8.3 is a horrible patch. Nothing worth to return to. Except if you are a raider. Then you should return for a month or until you cleared it.
    Last edited by shaggawoolin; 2020-01-11 at 07:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It has infact old world content. Regions from cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria. Not even really improved. With old NPCs phased out and new NPCs phased in and new quests that tell no story. With quests that play like "collect 10 bear asses". Design even Ion Hazzikostas does not like.

I mean, he is in the position to change it. If he should not get fired, he should invest a little bit more effort in world content. And if he does not know how to do it right, i am sure there are people in the blizzardverse that know. He should ask people who know how to design a proper RPG open world experience.

My conclusion is: 8.3 is a horrible patch. Nothing worth to return to. Except if you are a raider. Then you should return for a month or until you cleared it.
    phasing out the old stuff and phasing in new stuff makes it new content not old content....

as far as investing in world content goes under ion we have had more investment in it then any expan other then mabye mop. udner ion we had suamar invasions quest lines that took us back to old zones two old world zones comply remade remade for warfronts ect ect.

Looks like more of the same. Just with different names. Ill pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    and leave BfA completely unfinished which would make the expansion triple times worse than it already is and leave us with what? 15? 16? months of content drought.

The expansion isn't gonna come any faster by abandoning the current one.
    Should i remind you of wod?
    How is it not completely finished? The main storyline is done. They could throw N'zoth into some .5 patch miniraid in Shadowlands.

Looks like shit to me.

8.2.5 should’ve been the last patch so they can focus on Shadowlands. We didn’t need this side plot detour.
    Players: Blizzard, you don't make enough content.

Also players: Blizzard, you make too much content.

How is it not completely finished? The main storyline is done. They could throw N'zoth into some .5 patch miniraid in Shadowlands.
    It isn't done just because your screamy elf lady is no longer relevant to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Players: Blizzard, you don't make enough content.

Also players: Blizzard, you make too much content.
    Nah, Aeula just hates N'Zoth and likes Sylvanas a whole lot.