View Poll Results: If you had to vote for U.S President right now who would you pick?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald J Trump

    28 21.05%
  • Joe Biden

    10 7.52%
  • Bernie Sanders

    48 36.09%
  • Elizabeth Warren

    25 18.80%
  • Pete Buttigieg

    4 3.01%
  • Andrew Yang

    8 6.02%
  • Other (Write in Comment sections below.)

    10 7.52%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Compared to the old days? When we did free labor? Which'd you prefer? I'm not saying I like his style but we've still had it better compared to the past.
    Wait, what does this have to fucking do with what you said? And why did you respond to me with it? You do know the party that did get rid of free labor and slave wages was the liberals right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I'm talking about the Saudi situation
    Trump ABSOLUTELY is in bed with them. He did everything he possibly could, to ignore the situation with Kashoggi, while the Saudis were renting whole floors in his hotels and not using any of the rooms so he could get hundreds of thousands of dollars from them for nothing.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Who are you? And you actually think Warren did anything to Bernie's numbers? Good luck.
    Who are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Wait, what does this have to fucking do with what you said? And why did you respond to me with it? You do know the party that did get rid of free labor and slave wages was the liberals right?
    You were the one that kept replying to my posts ffs. I'm talking about the Saudi situation that you referred to. Trump wasn't the one that started stationing troops in Saudi. And while I don't like the idea of the troops being treated as mercenaries but at least we're getting paid for it now. I'd preferred if he withdrew them totally.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Who are you?
    Someone that has been here for a while, dunking on right wingers that are wrong. Like you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    You were the one that kept replying to my posts ffs. I'm talking about the Saudi situation that you referred to. Trump wasn't the one that started stationing troops in Saudi. And while I don't like the idea of the troops being treated as mercenaries but at least we're getting paid for it now. I'd preferred if he withdrew them totally.
    That has nothing to do with what I was saying. Trump ABSOLUTELY is beholden to them. It has nothing to do with our troops and the government, but Trump is giving them favors, governmental favors, for personal cash to him. Like renting out whole floors in his hotels to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars, even millions. Same with them buying floors in Trump Tower, and whatnot. Same thing is happening with the Russians. But they underwrote his loans with Deutsche Bank for over a couple BILLION dollars. Since he can't get loans in the US anymore because he doesn't pay them back.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Someone that has been here for a while, dunking on right wingers that are wrong. Like you.
    Lol I feel like a mexican who just crossed the border and ran into a grumpy old white farmer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I'm talking about the Saudi situation
    Even more bullshit. Our military isn’t a group hired mercenaries. Get your head out of your ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Trump and Bernie don't have ANYTHING in common.
    They're both good salesmen.

    Trump says, "Build a wall! Mexico will pay!"

    Bernie says, "Free college! Rich people will pay!"

    Hillary (who I know is no longer a factor, but she's the best example of this):

    "I have a plan for free college if you earn under 85k a year and if you work for 10 hours a week and some of it will be loans but you only have to pay back a percentage based on your income and only in states that match federal funding and oh my god why is no one listening to me."

    The simple message sells. No one really expects those proposals to get carried out, it's about very clearly signaling whose side you are on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    They're both good salesmen.

    Trump says, "Build a wall! Mexico will pay!"

    Bernie says, "Free college! Rich people will pay!"

    Hillary (who I know is no longer a factor, but she's the best example of this):

    "I have a plan for free college if you earn under 85k a year and if you work for 10 hours a week and some of it will be loans but you only have to pay back a percentage based on your income and only in states that match federal funding and oh my god why is no one listening to me."

    The simple message sells. No one really expects those proposals to get carried out, it's about very clearly signaling whose side you are on.
    One major difference, Bernie had in depth details on how his stuff worked and they were thought out and effective.

    Taxing all income as income above $250,000 per year, regardless of source, to close the loopholes from the top was a good one.

    And the cost of College equaled out to like a third of what we just gave the military without batting an eye.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Even more bullshit. Our military isn’t a group hired mercenaries. Get your head out of your ass.
    They were always scapegoats but we've actually got something out of it now. Ugly way to put it, but yeah.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    One major difference, Bernie had in depth details on how his stuff worked and they were thought out and effective.

    Taxing all income as income above $250,000 per year, regardless of source, to close the loopholes from the top was a good one.

    And the cost of College equaled out to like a third of what we just gave the military without batting an eye.
    When I say that no one expects those proposals to get carried out, I mean exactly as written. The point of campaign promises is to show what they will fight for in a simple way. Again, picking on Hillary because I admittedly haven't read the proposals from this year's candidates: she got a lot of credit for these extremely detailed well thought out plans on her website, when many of them were just as ludicrous as anything Sanders proposes. She proposed building 500 million solar panels. By 2020. At a cost of 300 billion. She also planned to spend another 300 billion on infrastructure. Universal pre school for 4 year olds. Massive subsidies to childcare. Etc.

    Nobody really cared about those plans or looked at them too closely because there were so many and they were all milquetoast, lacking real punch because they came with a lot of caveats. People only want to hear 1 or 2 strong, consistent messages. Hillary's message was "I'm prepared and I have lots of plans for everything" and that doesn't work.

    If you read up on Trump's history, he always focused on a short simple consistent message. Bernie does the same and it's what you need to do to be successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    When I say that no one expects those proposals to get carried out, I mean exactly as written. The point of campaign promises is to show what they will fight for in a simple way. Again, picking on Hillary because I admittedly haven't read the proposals from this year's candidates: she got a lot of credit for these extremely detailed well thought out plans on her website, when many of them were just as ludicrous as anything Sanders proposes. She proposed building 500 million solar panels. By 2020. At a cost of 300 billion. She also planned to spend another 300 billion on infrastructure. Universal pre school for 4 year olds. Massive subsidies to childcare. Etc.

    Nobody really cared about those plans or looked at them too closely because there were so many and they were all milquetoast, lacking real punch because they came with a lot of caveats. People only want to hear 1 or 2 strong, consistent messages. Hillary's message was "I'm prepared and I have lots of plans for everything" and that doesn't work.

    If you read up on Trump's history, he always focused on a short simple consistent message. Bernie does the same and it's what you need to do to be successful.
    Well, when it came to Clinton, you also had her actions and what the DNC doing with Sanders hanging over her head and the media blackout as well. Those who actually take the time to look into the proposals also were the ones to take the time to look into their actions so the only ones left where those who just looked at slogans.

    And lets face it "Stronger together" is a piss poor one.

    And when it comes to Sanders proposals, the ones I saw weren't ludicrous at all. Healthcare, taxation, college, all of them were pretty good.

    With the ones you mentioned on here. 300 billion in Solar Panels which is a growing industry we want and really need to be at the forefront of for multiple reasons is a great investment. Hell, we just gave over 100 billion to the military who didn't even need it. And we need more than 300 billion on infrastructure and we need it like yesterday with how things are going. We also need massive subsidies for childcare as well with the only alternative to that being going back to living wages high enough to support a family on one income again which they don't want to do either.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Well, when it came to Clinton, you also had her actions and what the DNC doing with Sanders hanging over her head and the media blackout as well. Those who actually take the time to look into the proposals also were the ones to take the time to look into their actions so the only ones left where those who just looked at slogans.

    And lets face it "Stronger together" is a piss poor one.

    And when it comes to Sanders proposals, the ones I saw weren't ludicrous at all. Healthcare, taxation, college, all of them were pretty good.

    With the ones you mentioned on here. 300 billion in Solar Panels which is a growing industry we want and really need to be at the forefront of for multiple reasons is a great investment. Hell, we just gave over 100 billion to the military who didn't even need it. And we need more than 300 billion on infrastructure and we need it like yesterday with how things are going. We also need massive subsidies for childcare as well with the only alternative to that being going back to living wages high enough to support a family on one income again which they don't want to do either.
    Ludicrous is probably the wrong word to describe them. What I mean is they were hugely ambitious liberal ideas, but no one actually knew them because her campaign's messaging was terrible and she purposely downplayed them in order to appear as the less liberal candidate. Very, very few people knew about the infrastructure and solar panels plans (also the solar panels plan was pretty silly, far more panels than makes sense in that short of a time period).
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  13. #153
    The Insane Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    19,299
    Well, my vote doesn't matter in this state, so I would vote like I always do, for myself.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ludicrous is probably the wrong word to describe them. What I mean is they were hugely ambitious liberal ideas, but no one actually knew them because her campaign's messaging was terrible and she purposely downplayed them in order to appear as the less liberal candidate. Very, very few people knew about the infrastructure and solar panels plans (also the solar panels plan was pretty silly, far more panels than makes sense in that short of a time period).
    Ah, with Medicare for all or the sorts, they aren't actually considered liberal outside of the US and more considered common sense and a no brainer. But I understand your point.

    With Clinton, she put herself in a no win on that as her slogan was crap so no way winning on that while the policies would only be seen by those who also paid attention to her actions which killed her from that end. But yeah, I understand you on that one completely.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Eleven View Post
    I don't need to know what that is to discuss issues in usa. Should I tell americans they can't discuss something about EU or sweden because they don't know something?
    If it's an integral part of a controversial subject of said politics, yes - obviously you should! =/

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *shrugs*
    Anyone that votes for Trump probably doesn't care about Roe V Wade anyway.
    Or votes Trump because they care about it.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Or votes Trump because they care about it.
    These people are the party of "small government", but they also want to be able to tell women what they can and cannot do with their bodies. Just a bunch of hypocritical bullshit.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    These people are the party of "small government", but they also want to be able to tell women what they can and cannot do with their bodies. Just a bunch of hypocritical bullshit.
    They're also all for states' rights until some states start doing things they don't like.

  19. #159
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    22,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    That’s because Warren...

    I’m searching for the right word... I feel like there should be a word for the thing that Democrats do when they are struggling so they dump a bunch of identity politics on their rivals and weaken the whole party. Maybe Kamala?

    So back on topic:

    Trump’s odds at an all time high because Warren just Kamalaed Bernie.
    I think there are other factors which has caused his rise in chances to be reelected. The Democrats are basically at this point, making it easier for him. And his chances will more than likely increase again after the Impeachment fiasco. But, still a long way to go until election day. Things can certainly change.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  20. #160
    The Unstoppable Force CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    24,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I think there are other factors which has caused his rise in chances to be reelected. The Democrats are basically at this point, making it easier for him. And his chances will more than likely increase again after the Impeachment fiasco. But, still a long way to go until election day. Things can certainly change.
    Good thing nobody who even considers voting for Trump would give a shit about what Bernie did, or did not, say about Warren.
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.
    Anarcho-communism =/ Stalinism.
    FULLY AUTOMATED GAY LUXURY SPACE COMMUNISM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •