Page 1 of 17
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Warglaives of Azzinoth. A massive punch in the face.



    • Wasn't it enough that Demonhunters already have their own Weapon type unusable for any other class?
    • Wasn't it enough that they were the first and only class ever being able to transmogrify a Legendary for years?

    I am honestly upset about this.
    Players that actually wielded both glaives back then when the Black Temple was the current raid got really screwed over.

    It's a shame blizzard favoring a specific class, again.

    On that note, this fits perfectly.



    What are your opinions on it?

  2. #2
    Changing from "slap" to "punch" does nothing to nullify the fact that using that phrase instantly invalidates your argument.

  3. #3
    Can you hear my eye roll?

  4. #4
    I'm a DH player and I disagree with Blizzard's logic. I don't really need to feel special for farming a decade old pair of legendaries and then doing a painfully boring timewalking raid. If they really want to keep a separation between the original glaives and the ones DH can transmog, then, I dunno? Make like a pair of HD Warglaives for Demon Hunters like Rogues got HD Thunderfury and let everybody else mog the original ones.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    2,573
    It's a transmog model, you'll survive. Giving classes some niche flavor is a good thing, not all classes should or need to be 100% even on everything.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's a transmog model, you'll survive. Giving classes some niche flavor is a good thing, not all classes should or need to be 100% even on everything.
    The whole point of these changes was to make legendaries transmoggable by the classes that can use them.
    Warriors, rogues, monks and demon hunters can use them, so they should be able to transmog it.

    End of story.

  7. #7
    Immortal Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    7,654
    Warglaives are a weapon that only Demon Hunters can use...sorry you want to pretend you're a Demon Hunter while not actually playing one but some things should be exclusive...
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The whole point of these changes was to make legendaries transmoggable by the classes that can use them.
    Warriors, rogues, monks and demon hunters can use them, so they should be able to transmog it.

    End of story.
    It's literally the only legendary my Frost DK can use and they decided to give it away to the DH for no reason at all. Really flimsy excuse.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's a transmog model, you'll survive. Giving classes some niche flavor is a good thing, not all classes should or need to be 100% even on everything.
    A transmogg model that is the only one handed glaive that can be wielded by another classes other than Demonhunters.

    There's no real logical reason for the restriction.
    Demonhunters already have a lot of niche features no other classes have, he doesn't need more.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Warglaives are a weapon that only Demon Hunters can use...sorry you want to pretend you're a Demon Hunter while not actually playing one but some things should be exclusive...
    Except the Warglaives are usable by 5 or so classes.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Except the Warglaives are usable by 5 or so classes.
    By 5, yes. Warrior, Rogue, Death Knight and Monks.... Not to forget the obvious Edgehunters.
    They actually updated the glaives in WotLK and Mop to accommodate the new classes.

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    A transmogg model that is the only one handed glaive that can be wielded by another classes other than Demonhunters.

    There's no real logical reason for the restriction.
    Demonhunters already have a lot of niche features no other classes have, he doesn't need more.
    The logic I suppose is that only DH can use glaives, and the Warglaives are only classified as a sword because glaive wasn't a weapon class back then. Sure you can technically use them, but not in a lore sense.

  13. #13
    They can get behind Dragonwrath owners. That mount needs to be detached from equipping the staff.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    The logic I suppose is that only DH can use glaives, and the Warglaives are only classified as a sword because glaive wasn't a weapon class back then. Sure you can technically use them, but not in a lore sense.
    Especially in a Lore sense, a Warrior for example should be able to wield them. He is, by Blizzard, labeled as a weapon master.
    Furthermore, many night elve npcs already wield the 3 bladed nightelf glaive variant and are clearly no Demonhunters.
    Also don't forget the Silvermoon Guards, who also wield a glaive.

    Even in WC3, Huntress' and Mage Hunters wielded Glaives.

  15. #15
    Unless you've had the thing since it was current content, quitcherbitchin.
    Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz - GTX 1080Ti @ 2.1GHz - - Ivy Bridge i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - GTX 1060 @ 1.8GHz

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    It's literally the only legendary my Frost DK can use and they decided to give it away to the DH for no reason at all. Really flimsy excuse.
    Blizzard is full of flimsy excuses for dumb decisions as of late.

    *side-eyes Brutosaur*

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They can get behind Dragonwrath owners. That mount needs to be detached from equipping the staff.
    Would be pretty cool if it just became a mount transform like the Sandstone Drake.

    Sans the ability to carry another player.

  17. #17
    Similarly would be cool to use the rogue dagger wings again.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    It's literally the only legendary my Frost DK can use and they decided to give it away to the DH for no reason at all. Really flimsy excuse.
    its literally not, and aren't dhs the only ones who can use warglaives? even if they are grandfathered in as "swords"

    and the whole xmog legendaries is just a gimmick to get people to resub for this horrible patch/expansion
    Last edited by Stormspellz; 2020-01-10 at 04:36 AM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post


    • Wasn't it enough that Demonhunters already have their own Weapon type unusable for any other class?
    • Wasn't it enough that they were the first and only class ever being able to transmogrify a Legendary for years?

    I am honestly upset about this.
    Players that actually wielded both glaives back then when the Black Temple was the current raid got really screwed over.

    It's a shame blizzard favoring a specific class, again.

    On that note, this fits perfectly.



    What are your opinions on it?
    Imagine, 10 years from now, when you're an adult and life has actual consequences and your time has tangible heft...and you remember back to that day you got really, really upset over this stupid shit.
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    It's literally the only legendary my Frost DK can use and they decided to give it away to the DH for no reason at all. Really flimsy excuse.
    You can use thunderfury.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •