Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    I only mog weapons that are worth it visualy.
    Most Legendarys don't even nicly fit my mogs.
    Can't care about them beeing mogable xD
    Same, personally.
    Shadowmourne comes closest to maybe being used, but otherwise-- eh, everyone else can have fun with theirs.

    If you have Atiesh, it's a nice, simple staff, though. But who even has Atiesh anymore?

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Warglaives are a weapon that only Demon Hunters can use
    No they aren't. My rogue can literally equip the originals right now. Sorry that bliz decided to retcon to make derp hunters pretend they're special, but some things shouldn't be changed for the sake of snowflakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  3. #143
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except you are attempting to split hairs. DH also didn't unlock the original appearance, theirs has been adjusted to fit the class to operate as actual glaives vs sword, so it isn't the same either. In the end both got a legendary transmog and both should be treated the same, no exceptions. Either both be moggable or neither be moggable.

    Thoridal being moggable for hunters should be similar to DH unlock. So that really would leave just the Ulduar mace at which point does it really need to be moggable? Sure, there is Sulfuras but there is the Firelands version that works in its place.
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you. /shrug

    Data adjustments or not, DHs get the same model, the same textures, etc as the 2007 legendary. Rogue's artifact appearance is not. So its silly to try and treat them the same when they aren't the same.

    Rogues got a HD, 2016-quality Thunderfury artifact skin but they should also have the exclusive on the original too? That's nonsense, furthermore when I consider that you're suggesting restricting the most iconic legendary in the game to one spec (Outlaw). For no other reason than 'well DHs get the original glaives'.

    That makes no sense to me at all - agree to disagree I guess.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-01-10 at 08:38 PM.

  4. #144
    Nobody cares warglaive are ugly and were put in game as legendary only because DH didn't existed.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Nobody cares warglaive are ugly and were put in game as legendary only because DH didn't existed.
    HD Warglaives of Azzinoth would be pretty sweet, though.

  6. #146
    For real i see so much butt hurt for nothing. Just people not willing to make a Demon Hunter and put in a little work to play with them. And I wouldn't be mad if they made Shadowmourne Death Knight only. (Frost Dks dont forget your artifact is made from frostmourne, though i understand the want to use Shadowmourne). Rogues can feel special as they have a legendary exclusive to them both in wielding and mogging. But here's the real issue: I wanna mog Thori'dal on my rogue and warrior... wtf.

    P.S. HD glaives would make a happy medium.
    Last edited by 13badluck3; 2020-01-10 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

  7. #147
    Lmao at Blizzard caring about class identity when they stopped doing class sets

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Not really. Their justification sucks so it's getting called out. Just adding a rationalisation doesn't in itself make sense of a weird exception contrary to the rule.

    And I don't need to convince you because you seem pretty locked into the "whatever Blizzard does is good," mindset regardless. Nothing lost for me.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Oh yeah, it's pretty obscure. It would probably just be seen by most as a random Ulduar epic. It isn't the most overt legendary by any means.
    No, trust me on this one. Your reasoning for why it SHOULD be available is what "sucks". Their reasoning makes perfect sense. Illidan trained the Demon Hunters, the Warglaives are Illidan's own weapons, and they don't want to undermine the already available method of making the glaives transmoggable to the class they rightfully belong to. Your reasoning does not, and sounds like something a 12 year old would say: "it sucks".

    There's always exceptions to rules. This is one of them. Life will be full of them, start learning now.

    Don't make a poor attempt to gaslight me. Just because I agree with this decision does not mean I'm okay with whatever Blizzard does.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2020-01-10 at 09:17 PM.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Warglaives are a weapon that only Demon Hunters can use...sorry you want to pretend you're a Demon Hunter while not actually playing one but some things should be exclusive...
    But they are classified as SWORD not WARGLAIVE. That's the rub.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    No, trust me on this one. Your reasoning for why it SHOULD be available is what "sucks". Their reasoning makes perfect sense. Illidan trained the Demon Hunters, the Warglaives are Illidan's own weapons, and they don't want to undermine the already available method of making the glaives transmoggable to the class they rightfully belong to. Your reasoning does not, and sounds like something a 12 year old would say: "it sucks".

    There's always exceptions to rules. This is one of them. Life will be full of them, start learning now.

    Don't make a poor attempt to gaslight me. Just because I agree with this decision does not mean I'm okay with whatever Blizzard does.
    Okay, thanks, bye.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    But they are classified as SWORD not WARGLAIVE. That's the rub.
    Good point. They should reclassify them warglaives so only DH’s can use them. Problem solved.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    The logic I suppose is that only DH can use glaives, and the Warglaives are only classified as a sword because glaive wasn't a weapon class back then. Sure you can technically use them, but not in a lore sense.
    In the lore it's a traditional night elf weapon. Try again.

  13. #153
    I wish I could be surprised at this point but it's so customary to be disappointed in Blizzard's decisions lately that I'd actually be surprised if they managed to make the playerbase happy or satisfied without blatanly self-sabotaging themselves and their game at least once.

    Also I wish I could be surprised at the lack of empathy I often found in these forums, but I guess that it feels better to rub it in the faces of people that are unhappy

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Selinde View Post
    I wish I could be surprised at this point but it's so customary to be disappointed in Blizzard's decisions lately that I'd actually be surprised if they managed to make the playerbase happy or satisfied without blatanly self-sabotaging themselves and their game at least once.

    Also I wish I could be surprised at the lack of empathy I often found in these forums, but I guess that it feels better to rub it in the faces of people that are unhappy
    Yes, self-sabotage, that feels like the best way to describe it, and at this point, it feels almost intentional.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Similarly would be cool to use the rogue dagger wings again.
    I really miss those black dragon wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Dæmion
    Diablo 3 Profile

  16. #156
    Blizz should remove this restriction on account of the fact that glaives would look pretty sweet on rogues, monks, and DK's. The ability for DH's to tmog them was cool, but they should move on from this.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    To be fair, you were borrowing it. And personally speaking, I think both classes could've kept it since they are mechanically and aesthetically rather different.
    I wasn't borrowing anything, I was just mentioning something else that DH "took over". I have, and always will be a Mage main.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I wasn't borrowing anything, I was just mentioning something else that DH "took over". I have, and always will be a Mage main.
    Fine, but Meta was always a Demon Hunter thing, so you can't really fault Demon Hunters for having it. More so Blizzard for removing it from Warlocks even though Warlock and Demon Hunter Metamorphosis worked differently.

  19. #159
    Immortal Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    7,586
    I mean, the Warglaives of Azzinoth aren't even the coolest warglaives in the game anymore. I unlocked them on my DH and I'm still using the fel Flamereaper skin for the artifact weapon.

    I do agree that it would be fine if the DH achievement just unlocked a unique HD version of the model. On the other hand, if you're that infatuated with the aesthetic, just play a demon hunter.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    In the lore it's a traditional night elf weapon. Try again.
    Illidan's warglaives were stolen from the doomguard Azzinoth, and the demon hunters all use warglaives modeled after that style. So they're really demonic weapons, not elven.

    The traditional elven weapons are called moonglaives and are arguably more like fist weapons, though they did add some as warglaives in the Darkshore update patch.

    And of course blood elf Spellbreakers have their own style of glaives, as do troll Shadowhunters.

  20. #160
    Warchief Lupinemancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Posts
    2,048
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post


    • Wasn't it enough that Demonhunters already have their own Weapon type unusable for any other class?
    • Wasn't it enough that they were the first and only class ever being able to transmogrify a Legendary for years?

    I am honestly upset about this.
    Players that actually wielded both glaives back then when the Black Temple was the current raid got really screwed over.

    It's a shame blizzard favoring a specific class, again.

    On that note, this fits perfectly.



    What are your opinions on it?
    Kid, go home, drink your milk and stop crying. They literally explained the reason, and I agree that it makes sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •