Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard back to doing what they're best at, arbitrary bullshit decisions. Quelle surprise.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Except the Warglaives are usable by 5 or so classes.
    And had been for a decade before DHs even became playable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguezor View Post
    I hope you realise how that's very different and stupid, right?

Granted we don't have single minded fury anymore so I wouldn't be dual wield mogging the glaives as a fury, but glaives in general is just "fancy" swords.
    For a DH there's no difference between swords and glaives, they can use both and use them all as sharp pointy objects to slash and dash around targets with.

If anything DHs are the "special snowflakes" who got their own weapon type just to be more special, taking the glaives away from any other class that could justify using those same glaives just as much, and which they did for a long time...

Even practicly, and not just "Hurrdurr it has my class name on it": Glaives would work fine for several other classes, while 2handers and blunt weapons in general would not suit DHs and their fighting style.
    And oppositely I think that warglaives becoming an official, new weapon type was one of the coolest things about Legion. And I say that as someone with 3 complete sets of glaives in the banks of 3 different characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    The logic I suppose is that only DH can use glaives, and the Warglaives are only classified as a sword because glaive wasn't a weapon class back then. Sure you can technically use them, but not in a lore sense.
    If we went by lore sense there would be many other exceptions. It's still inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They can get behind Dragonwrath owners. That mount needs to be detached from equipping the staff.
    That is a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Would be pretty cool if it just became a mount transform like the Sandstone Drake.

Sans the ability to carry another player.
    Give it the ability to blast another player to smithereens instead then. Gotta show off that Arcane prowess somehow.

You should honestly make that your signature, because it fits so many posts on these forums.
    Who died and made you and Bodokane kings of what someone can take issue with or not? People disliking something about a game and expressing it? On a gaming forum, dedicated specifically to the game in question?! What a travesty Never mind that you complained about things on this forum as well.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    No reason why that should suddenly be true. They should not have dropped at all (before Legion) if it was so important that no other class could wield them, and originally they were not even made for demon hunters.
    Do you think that maybe they originally were not made for demon hunters because demon hunters didnt exist back then?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You want glaives? There's a class for it, play it and enjoy the overrated old model. You don't see DHs running around complaining they can't equip Shadowmourne, do you?
    False equivalence totally makes for a good argument. In some alternate reality. Maybe.

And oppositely I think that warglaives becoming an official, new weapon type was one of the coolest things about Legion. And I say that as someone with 3 complete sets of glaives in the banks of 3 different characters.
    Ohh yeh, I don't mind a new weapon type in general, but when they add one that includes the apearance of old items that are classified as swords, that I've had on one of my warriors for 9 years and can still equip, but can't use the transmog off it gets a little annoying.

Even more so considering all the other "classes" pointed out by people in this thread, that can use glaives, even tho they are NPCs. Like, why can't survival hunters use and transmog glaives? At some point they even had "Glaive toss" as a talent, now changed to "Chakrams"... it fits their weird figthing style mix of melee and "range"

Heck, there's even polearms that almost fit a loose description of glaives: a stick with a blade on each end (yeh yeh, shorter stick in the case of glaives) :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Lmao, the OP is getting destroyed but keeps on fighting. Loving the tears and illogical arguments.

This is how it should be, and also how it will be. My DH won't transmog to BT glaives anyway.
    Yes, people using false equivalence to Shadowmourne-wielding DHs when the Class can't even equip that weapon unlike a whole range of Classes being able to equip Warglaives or "muh lore reasons" when by that logic there should have been many other exceptions are true destruction all the while multiple DH players are disagreeing with the decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... it only bothers me, cause even though this is a "Demon Hunter weapon", when it came out, it was not, and the people who actual have memories of using it as their weapons, were not DH, so why shouldn't those people get the option to wield it? (I'm ok with not letting Monks use them)

Kind of agree, they should let anyone mog them that was capable of using them, Blizzard just doesn't want the 5 Demon Hunter players that exist to feel bad they had to do more work to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguezor View Post
    Ohh yeh, I don't mind a new weapon type in general, but when they add one that includes the apearance of old items that are classified as swords, that I've had on one of my warriors for 9 years and can still equip, but can't use the transmog off it gets a little annoying.

Even more so considering all the other "classes" pointed out by people in this thread, that can use glaives, even tho they are NPCs. Like, why can't survival hunters use and transmog glaives? At some point they even had "Glaive toss" as a talent, now changed to "Chakrams"... it fits their weird figthing style mix of melee and "range"

Heck, there's even polearms that almost fit a loose description of glaives: a stick with a blade on each end (yeh yeh, shorter stick in the case of glaives) :P
    Alternatively Blizz could have made the original glaives into official warglaives in Legion and locked out those 5 classes from ever equipping them again, instead they left them as-is and added a version for DHs to unlock.

I guess I just don't subscribe to this being some kind of slap in the face. As I said in an earlier post, it was the direction I expected since a system was already in place to transmog them for DHs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... it only bothers me, cause even though this is a "Demon Hunter weapon", when it came out, it was not, and the people who actual have memories of using it as their weapons, were not DH, so why shouldn't those people get the option to wield it? (I'm ok with not letting Monks use them)
    And then it would be monk players making the 'slap in the face!' outrage topics.

It is a good thing.

Otherwise we are going to end up with classes not even recognizable visually with rogue dual yielding wands or whatever silly thing we can imagine.

Glaives are iconic demon hunter weapon. They need to stay that way.

Dual yielding two handers: its a fury warrior, no other class/spec.

Double daggers: rogue!

etc

My take, dont need to quote me and reply.

There's an appropriate action for your overreaction:
    Do you want to unsub? [yes] [no]

10+ Year Old Account
    And then it would be monk players making the 'slap in the face!' outrage topics.
    Completely true, but that does not change my opinion in the matter (still a mere opinion so meh)

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yes, people using false equivalence to Shadowmourne-wielding DHs when the Class can't even equip that weapon unlike a whole range of Classes being able to equip Warglaives or "muh lore reasons" when by that logic there should have been many other exceptions are true destruction all the while multiple DH players are disagreeing with the decision.
    Yeah, I am a DH main and love the class, but to make these DH only is silly af. The "effort" reasoning is just out there. Like non-DH's didn't do the effort or something..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    It is a good thing.

Otherwise we are going to end up with classes not even recognizable visually with rogue dual yielding wands or whatever silly thing we can imagine.

Glaives are iconic demon hunter weapon. They need to stay that way.

Dual yielding two handers: its a fury warrior, no other class/spec.

Double daggers: rogue!

etc

My take, dont need to quote me and reply.
    Well I'm quoting you because I agree completely. Visual identity should matter.

It is an illogical and stupid decision that makes 0 sense. But, on the other hand, the warglaives look ugly. I don't understand why would any DH wants to use it as transmog.

Making everything available to everyone was, and continues to be, the downfall of this game. Demon Hunters get one less spec' than everybody else, so I support them getting something no other class can have.

Classes need exclusive shit.

Player skill deserves exclusive shit.

Time invested deserves exclusive shit.

Giving everything to everybody was the worst decision paradigm WoW ever bought into.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2020-01-10 at 04:37 PM.

Legendaries should have been only eligible for transmog if you got them when it was current content and that should have been the case since transmog was introduced to the game. OP acting like a complete clown with the shit memes though provide entertainment if nothing else.

even better i dont want everyone and their grandma running around with those things