Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    They should add a HD version for the timewalking achievement, and make the old one moggable by all classes that can wield them.
    This I agree with. If they really want to make the DH one special, make a HD version only for DHs and then let everyone else (warrior, rogue, monk, dk) transmog the old version.

Then I might actually use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    What is funny is the consistency. Rogues have an artifact skin as well that looks like Thunderfury, but it is ok for everyone to be able to mog into it.
    TF is not an iconic rogue weapon, nor are swords in general considered iconic rogue weapons. Glaives on the other hand are very much bound to Illidan and DH lore in general.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-01-10 at 07:56 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The biggest takeaway here is that they want time-walking raids to mean something despite being outdated content and awfully implemented as players more often than not have zero clue what lies in wait nor what they're signing up for when they engage with them. The variance within and between the raids in terms of difficulty is just astonishing and the only feat in this transmog is sticking with a group and seeing it through the raid to its end.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm a DH player and I disagree with Blizzard's logic. I don't really need to feel special for farming a decade old pair of legendaries and then doing a painfully boring timewalking raid. If they really want to keep a separation between the original glaives and the ones DH can transmog, then, I dunno? Make like a pair of HD Warglaives for Demon Hunters like Rogues got HD Thunderfury and let everybody else mog the original ones.
    Time walking is fucking aids.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    The warglaives sitting on my bank since a decade and suddenly a shitty demonhunter class claims it for exclusiveness?

kek!
    Don't forget Demon hunters stole the Warlock "Metamorphosis" from Demonology.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Time walking is fucking aids.
    Man, Timewalking Black Temple when it came out was a total mess to PUG haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    TF is not an iconic rogue weapon, nor are swords in general considered iconic rogue weapons. Glaives on the other hand are very much bound to Illidan and DH lore in general.
    Still shouldn't matter. Their reasoning is that DH got the warglaives as an appearance and thus Thunderfury should apply the same with rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    And DKs stole Death Coil from warlocks!

fel warglaives don't even thematically suit a warrior, monk, or rogue so get over it

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    To be fair, you were borrowing it. And personally speaking, I think both classes could've kept it since they are mechanically and aesthetically rather different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still shouldn't matter. Their reasoning is that DH got the warglaives as an appearance and thus Thunderfury should apply the same with rogues.
    The difference is DHs did TWing to unlock the original warglaive appearance where as the rogue artifact appearance is not the original TF. It isn't like rogues had to suffer through an awful, tedious TWing raid to get a transmoggable TF.

So yeah. Not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Man, Timewalking Black Temple when it came out was a total mess to PUG haha.
    The problem is everything is long just to be long but the mechanics do no damage. Doing five time walking dungeon at the start of an expansion actually gives me cancer. All the deadly stuff is neutered rather than just making the dungeon shorter but easier to wipe in.

Also didn't they update the black battle tank and legacy players didn't have to re-earn it. They truly do the most random mental gymnastics.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-01-10 at 08:13 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

The difference is DHs did TWing to unlock the original warglaive appearance where as the rogue artifact appearance is not the original TF. It isn't like rogues had to suffer through an awful, tedious TWing raid to get a transmoggable TF.

Fairly sure Rogues, Warriors, Monks and DKs would do Timewalking Black Temple, despite how much of a mess it is, once, to unlock it too. B)

Except you are attempting to split hairs. DH also didn't unlock the original appearance, theirs has been adjusted to fit the class to operate as actual glaives vs sword, so it isn't the same either. In the end both got a legendary transmog and both should be treated the same, no exceptions. Either both be moggable or neither be moggable.

Thoridal being moggable for hunters should be similar to DH unlock. So that really would leave just the Ulduar mace at which point does it really need to be moggable? Sure, there is Sulfuras but there is the Firelands version that works in its place.

It still is everything is long to be long but the mechanics do no damage. Doing five time walking dungeon at the start of an expansion actually gives me cancer. They're a legit long just to be fucking long. All the deadly stuff is neutered rather than just making the dungeon shorter but easier to wipe in.
    TW dungeons? I dunno, that depends on which ones imo. Legitimately haven't done the WoD ones yet, but the MoP ones irk me something awful. Was in a hurry to finish them and got Siege of Niuzao Temple several times. Ugh.
    Also didn't they update the black battle tank and legacy players didn't have to re earn it. They truly do the most random shit.
    Don't get me started on that.

Yeah, but Ion is Scarab Lord, so..

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Could you be a little bit more over dramatic ?

15+ Year Old Account
    I only mog weapons that are worth it visualy.
    Most Legendarys don't even nicly fit my mogs.
    Can't care about them beeing mogable xD

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    I only mog weapons that are worth it visualy.
    Most Legendarys don't even nicly fit my mogs.
    Can't care about them beeing mogable xD
    Same, personally.
    Shadowmourne comes closest to maybe being used, but otherwise-- eh, everyone else can have fun with theirs.

If you have Atiesh, it's a nice, simple staff, though. But who even has Atiesh anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Warglaives are a weapon that only Demon Hunters can use
    No they aren't. My rogue can literally equip the originals right now. Sorry that bliz decided to retcon to make derp hunters pretend they're special, but some things shouldn't be changed for the sake of snowflakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except you are attempting to split hairs. DH also didn't unlock the original appearance, theirs has been adjusted to fit the class to operate as actual glaives vs sword, so it isn't the same either. In the end both got a legendary transmog and both should be treated the same, no exceptions. Either both be moggable or neither be moggable.

Thoridal being moggable for hunters should be similar to DH unlock. So that really would leave just the Ulduar mace at which point does it really need to be moggable? Sure, there is Sulfuras but there is the Firelands version that works in its place.
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you. /shrug

Data adjustments or not, DHs get the same model, the same textures, etc as the 2007 legendary. Rogue's artifact appearance is not. So its silly to try and treat them the same when they aren't the same.

Rogues got a HD, 2016-quality Thunderfury artifact skin but they should also have the exclusive on the original too? That's nonsense, furthermore when I consider that you're suggesting restricting the most iconic legendary in the game to one spec (Outlaw). For no other reason than 'well DHs get the original glaives'.

That makes no sense to me at all - agree to disagree I guess.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-01-10 at 08:38 PM.