Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just wanna point out non-demon hunter NPCs have been using glaives (of both the 'multi-bladed throwing weapon' and 'two-bladed sword' varieties) since launch day of Vanilla. There's even a night elf shown using one on the original World of Warcraft box art. This fiction that only demon hunters are smart enough to figure out how not to cut themselves with a warglaive is a bunch of horseshit that was just part and parcel of the standard showering of attention hero classes get in order to encourage players to try 'em out. Which is fair play, but demon hunters are old news now, it's going on two expansions since they launched.

Time to open up warglaives for non-demon hunters; if lore's such a huge sticking point all of a sudden for people who never gave a shit about lore before weapons came into question, have the night elves, trolls, and blood elves teach everyone else their secrets of spatial awareness.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    My throw away mule DH clearly deserved everything. Btw. this DH never ever set a foot in a TIMEWALKING dungeon/raid nor ever stepped into BT.

GG Blizzard!

You think the argument is for in-game characters? wow...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    And hunters, monks, hunters, frost DKs, warlocks & mages can all equip Thunderfury now if they are using a 1h melee weapon since the vanilla class restriction of hunter, warrior, paladin, and rogue was lifted quite some time ago so that ANY class can pick up the bindings to complete the quest (including shaman & priests who can't even equip swords at all). That means that every class except priests and shaman can transmog their 1h melee weapon (dagger & sword) into Thunderfury. Do you see the problem now?
    You were outlining a problem?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I just wanna point out non-demon hunter NPCs have been using glaives (of both the 'multi-bladed throwing weapon' and 'two-bladed sword' varieties) since launch day of Vanilla. There's even a night elf shown using one on the original World of Warcraft box art. This fiction that only demon hunters are smart enough to figure out how not to cut themselves with a warglaive is a bunch of horseshit that was just part and parcel of the standard showering of attention hero classes get in order to encourage players to try 'em out. Which is fair play, but demon hunters are old news now, it's going on two expansions since they launched.

Time to open up warglaives for non-demon hunters; if lore's such a huge sticking point all of a sudden for people who never gave a shit about lore before weapons came into question, have the night elves, trolls, and blood elves teach everyone else their secrets of spatial awareness.
    There are even guards in Silithus (and probably other places) that use the same style glaives, albeit a bit less flashy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I agree, but it would be too good of a choice for Blizzard xD
    More like I imagine Blizzard wouldn't go out of their way to work on a HD Warglaives of Azzinoth model just for that purpose, sadly. I think the Murkidan battle pet's glaives are more detailed than the ones we can use ingame, which is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    DHs can use one handed sword though, because swords are easy to use, especially compared to DH style glaives. Warglaives are only classified as a swords because Glaives didn't exist as a weapon class back then.
    Ok that doesn't justify it at all. If Warriors can't transmog the Warglaives then DHs shouldn't be allowed to mog Thunderfury.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Of anything to bitch about this being the one you choose? Pathetic.
    Are you a Demon Hunter player?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashcate View Post
    "The Twin Blades of Azzinoth are a pair of weapons wielded by Illidan Stormrage. Azzinoth was a doom guard commander whom Illidan slew 10,000 years ago. Illidan took Azzinoth's twin warglaives and trained himself to use them. " Illidan Stormrage is not a warrior, dk, rogue or monk. The only guy using warglaives in TBC was a DH. I wish i could use them on my DK and Rogue but i accept this change lorewise.
    So stolen from a Demon but only a demon hunter can use them lore wise. That doesn't even work. Lore wise most weapons can be used by anyone. There is no specific lore behind Illidan's weapons that require a "demon hunter" over another class. The only reason why it is restricted to demon hunters is because they exist in the game now and it is their iconic weapon. It is only mechanic reasons why class restrictions exist on weapons. Lore wise a warlock could train and fight with a warglaive if they so wanted.

Anyone who can equip a legendary should be able to transmog it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

be glad that you can still equip them on other chars for RP purposes, they could change them in legion to make them oficialy warglaives weapon type...
    this way, they DIDNT take away anything from you, and tbh it doesnt really strike me as a surprise since DHs already HAD the option to mog them (although i agree they could communicate it better)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    OP is right tbf.
    Warglaives of Azzinoth were there before demon hunters and can be used by 5 classes; for obvious reasons, DH were not even around when they were current content, and they have no right to exclusivity to them.

If this is going to be the case, I demand Thori'dal will be a hunter specific transmo, because while everyone can equip it, it is specifically tied to the hunter class.
    Yeah, same logic applies here. Hunters are the only ones who actually use Bow/guns/crossbows these days, why should that be different?

Like I said earlier, blizzard and inconsistency. It's like a trademark at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I feel like the only DH who is out for consistency and not being an exclusive snowflake over a weapon that was made when my class didn't even exist. I expected better from other DH players, tbh..
    If you read the thread there are many DHs with same opinion like you. Like I can count 5 without even going back some pages to actually count, probably quite a lot more.

This looks better than the Azzinoth glaives anyway:
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-01-13 at 12:06 AM.

I agree but getting this worked up over a trasmog is hilarious anyways, cant take it seriously.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the argument Blizzard makes here. "We want to respect the effort DH's made to get their transmog so we are making it exclusive to them"

Players that got them during Burning Crusade put in a fuckton more of effort to get them because back then one did not simply walk into Black Temple. Apparently that effort isn't worth anything?

As for the people saying "But only DH's can use glaives" these items are and always have been classified as swords. This is just retconning the loot history of the game and that - like any retcon - is dumb as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    If you read the thread there are many DHs with same opinion like you. Like I can count 5 without even going back some pages to actually count, probably quite a lot more.

This looks better than the Azzinoth glaives anyway:
    I did read, and I saw maybe one or two compared to the many that went "I'm a DH and I'm happy it's exclusive for x/y reason."

And yeah, those glaives do look better, but I'm personally sticking with my Legion invasion swords. I like them too much. As a side-note, I'm really sad there wasn't a HD Warglaives of Azzinoth skin for the Demon Hunter artifact, just like Rogues had a HD Thunderfury, Hunters had a HD Rhok'delar and Warriors had a HD Arcanite Reaper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Warglaives are a weapon that only Demon Hunters can use...sorry you want to pretend you're a Demon Hunter while not actually playing one but some things should be exclusive...
    WTF?? Then what has my rogue been using for like 10years? Im so lost...

- - - Updated - - -

Of anything to bitch about this being the one you choose? Pathetic.
    you definitely main a DH lol, pathetic

If i was a rogue/warrior main who had the glaives since TBC, and then i couldn't xmog em when others can do their shadowmourne/thunderfuty/sunwell bow, yeah i'd be upset.

On the other hand, if you go run around with the actual glaives equipped on patch day, youre bound to get some funny whispers for a few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    Legos are class bound as they should be. .
    Are they though? First thing i'm going to try on patch day is try and transmog thunderfury on my mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    If i was a rogue/warrior main who had the glaives since TBC, and then i couldn't xmog em when others can do their shadowmourne/thunderfuty/sunwell bow, yeah i'd be upset.

On the other hand, if you go run around with the actual glaives equipped on patch day, youre bound to get some funny whispers for a few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Are they though? First thing i'm going to try on patch day is try and transmog thunderfury on my mage.
    have sunwell legendary bow, i can't tmog another bow onto it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    I don't get the argument Blizzard makes here. "We want to respect the effort DH's made to get their transmog so we are making it exclusive to them"

Players that got them during Burning Crusade put in a fuckton more of effort to get them because back then one did not simply walk into Black Temple. Apparently that effort isn't worth anything?

As for the people saying "But only DH's can use glaives" these items are and always have been classified as swords. This is just retconning the loot history of the game and that - like any retcon - is dumb as fuck.
    i got the BC era glaives long ago on a rogue, to unlock the ability to use them as a tmog on my DH, required having the warglaive achievement and completing timewalking Black temple on any class player. if blizzard is saying they want to respect the hard work a DH did, they have no clue. getting them on a level 70 player took me 17 BT runs for both. DH to tmog them zero runs.
    Last edited by pinkz; 2020-01-13 at 03:18 AM.

I mained a rogue and have been unsubbed for almost all of this expansion. Jumping to conclusions just so you both can stay butthurt. Pathetic.
    It was a simple question based upon your opinion, name and avatar, lmao.

Why would I be butthurt when I main a DH?

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine being so consumed by how your character looks that not being able to use a 10+ year old model is enough for you to quit. Can't say many will miss ya.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Ok that doesn't justify it at all. If Warriors can't transmog the Warglaives then DHs shouldn't be allowed to mog Thunderfury.
    That kind of thinking is pretty childish.

Warglaives on most races are awful anyways due to lacking proper animations, dunno why anyone is so desperate to have their weapons constantly clipping through them all the time.

Mogging glaives would be like leather wearers mogging cursed vision:
    It instantly lets the viewer know to disregard you.

Consider the restriction a kindness by Blizzard; they are helping you to help yourself.

SorryNotSorry

you should feel lucky blizz didnt just make the weps actual warglaives once demon hunters were launched,they clearly only want that class to use glaives,the illidan weps shouldnt be swords at this point,but they are doing you a solid by leaving them as is

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well, WoWhead did have an article that Blizzard has updated the requirements to transmog a legendary for those legendaries that don't have a requirement on the item itself.

If you couldn't do the quest to unlock the legendary on that class, it can't be transmogrified by that class.