The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Signature Moderation

Hey there, I, like most people I think, have no easy way of testing my signature's pixel size...

I've been on this site for over 10 years and have only gotten infractions, I believe, twice for my signature, the last time prior to Dec 29, 2019? I don't know. It was years ago. I want to suggest that before you go deleting someone's signature/infracting them, that you send them a message with a grace period warning "hey, clean up the signature. Here's what we suggest to get it in line with the rules." instead of just up and giving them infraction points. Now, I may not spend hardly any time on this website anymore, but it's still pretty stupid to log in and be like "oh. Well, that's silly..."

Surely, we've come far enough in technology where you guys can provide an automated system that says "the amount of text in your signature is x characters too long" or "the length is now at the max allowed" etc. Is that really so hard? This website got bought by a large company, started having paid accounts (I did the first year) and STILL it's on some of these archaic systems. I'm not asking for signatures that are so long you have to scroll a page to get past them, no, but when I know for certain I added only a few characters to my signature, and then log in 10 days later to an infraction? Come on. That's silly and I know you guys know it deep down. Tell me, hey, guy, buddy, pal, your signature is too big. Then I'd go, oh, okay, and do what I just did, except this time I had to remake it.

The infraction points? K...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    This place is shit man, take the next 10 years of your life and post somewhere more worthwhile.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

The 4 points are the warning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    This place is shit man, take the next 10 years of your life and post somewhere more worthwhile.
    Seems pretty weird to spend 6 and half years on a website you think is shit.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The 4 points are the warning.
    That's like saying a police officer giving me a speeding ticket is just a warning because he hasn't arrested me.

No, a warning is a warning. Whether verbal or written, but it doesn't need to come with points. "Hey, you did this, if you don't fix it, we'll give you some infraction points. Please fix in x amount of time."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    i find it really hard to sympathize when your sig is basically mostly you massaging your ego about how fancy your computers specs are.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i find it really hard to sympathize when your sig is basically mostly you massaging your ego about how fancy your computers specs are.
    Plus he has to make sure they're colored so you're more likely to read them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Plus he has to make sure they're colored so you're more likely to read them.
    Your lack of knowledge of whats common in computer forums is showing.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are soooooo many ways of checking your sig before saving it. Why should mmo-c spend time on automation to verify that for you? Of all the things I would want them to spend time on... this most certainly is way down, if not at the bottom, of the list.

No way of testing... really? Look at the properties of your image...

You can easily use common sense to work out if your signature is too long. If you have to ask, it's too long. Look at what other people have, then at yours. It's nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    The signature infraction is specifically designed to be a warning. The points aren't high enough to trigger a ban, and the points expire three times faster than the next smallest infraction. No other infraction functions this way.

The reason it is done this way rather than by a warning private message is so we have a record of it, otherwise someone might get a bunch of warning PMs not knowing that one already happened.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |