Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    In fact, this is not true. That's not how thread views work here. Every time a site user looks at any part of a thread that counts as 1. If a site user looks at a thread 60 times that counts as 60.
    I am happy if its only 3200 users. Or 1000.

The thread was top topic for a few days. Way enough to reach enough people.

Oh, and really, it does not matter what we discuss on page 14. Most people only read the initial posting.

Constant dripping wears away the stone. And in special if its a drip of oil on an already brightly burning fire.
    Last edited by shaggawoolin; 2020-01-14 at 12:28 AM.

Honestly, as much as I am not fond of the current WoW, I don't think it's ever worked to pin the blame solely on one scapegoat (hey, it's kind of like with Sylvanas)

Ghostcrawler going away after he was blamed for every little problem in WoW didn't magically fix the game, and despite all your protests, nor will it fix the game if Ion ever leaves it.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    And you think i care about you having that opinion about me?

Adress the topic i talk about. Not my personal weaknesses you like to attribute to me.

This thread is about the incompetence of the game director of world of warcraft, not about some butt hurt fanboys who cannot stand criticism and who need personal attacks against someone who criticizes the work of the World of warcraft game director and asks for consequencies.
    The essence of your thread is inherently faulty. You're blaming Ion for something that predated his employment at the company. You made the thread. You made it about Ion. What you're complaining about happened before Ion and, therefore, your thread makes no sense. We can't have a discussion about it since your position is fundamentally illogical. But keep at it. I'm sure you'll break out into a rational conversation one of these days.

Sorry you're so butt hurt about being told your position is logically untenable. If you weren't, this would have ended pages and pages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ghostcrawler going away after he was blamed for every little problem in WoW didn't magically fix the game, and despite all your protests, nor will it fix the game if Ion ever leaves it.
    There is a hope that not just one guy leaves, but his bias leaves with him. While i am not sure if that would happen, considering the game has been on a wrong focus since start. Yet, a new game director could also change the design paradigm.

I am happy if there just was the chance that this happened. And Ion Hazzikostas leaving offers another chance to get there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Sorry you're so butt hurt about being told your position is logically untenable. If you weren't, this would have ended pages and pages ago.
    Thank you for contributing to the thread.

Thank you for contributing to the thread.
    You are very much welcome! Someone has to state the obvious, and here and now that is me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knows that his boss, J. Allen Brack, decided to bring back classic. Also everyone knows that there is not much to design in Classic for Hazzikostas, as the game design itself was dictatated by the past. So no, it is not him to get credited for it. More J. Allen Brack who decided contrary to his own beliefs.

I hope so. At least i hope people lose their pink goggles at Hazzikostas, just showing them he is a bad selection for that job. There is nothing he should make you a fan of him. He destroyed more of the game than he ever added.

You infact do not know what most people thought reading it. You just pretend you know it. The fire is already burning. I just put wood on it. It is an easy going.

Oh and thank you for contributing to this thread. As more people write here, as more people read the headline and the initial posting. As more people get negatively influenced. As more successfull my thread potentially is.
    Actually because of you I'm considering resubbing just to see if, in fact, Ion 'wrecked' Warcraft...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Did anyone expect anything else? The guy was the head honcho of Elitist Jerks.. it's really not surprising he only gives a shit about percentages.

The game is all about timers now.
    This, the sooner he is gone the better. His vision for the game is pathetic really, all the fun sucked out of it as the relaxxing part of WoW or farming is more or less gone, making everything either timed, percentage based, or raidingwise; watching 1000 timers per encounter. (Or even combining at as a holypriest; watching 20 cooldown timers for your healing spells as well).

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Indeed he wrecked WoW, but moreso with his absurd class and system changes, turning everything into hybrid of korean starcraft 1000aps and diablo resource collect/spend gameplay, removing iconic abilities, removing new abilities with every expansion, removing meaningful talents, etc. One thing is when the game you play become instanced instead of open world; but when you lack the will to play the game because how shitty your class/spec became, that is a completely another level of developer's failure.
    Amen X 1,000!

Class design was completely shafted from legion to bfa with all of those rental gear systems and everything. All they're doing with 8.3 is just adding content to keep the customers busy.

First it was Ghostcrawler now it's Watcher... Not like they have 300+ developers working on the game.
    Shuttle of Illidan

Ion = Gary Street, or Mists of Pandaria Xpac

Reviled be all, loved by no one, each blamed for destroying Wow.....

...until years later, when people suddenly look back fondly upon them, and proclaim it "the good ol' days"

Yawn. Another boring whiny thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it has taught me that for some people, it is never too late to start complaining.
    Never too early either for any upcoming release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Never too early either for any upcoming release.
    "The expansion after shadowlands will be so bad!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    "The expansion after shadowlands will be so bad!"
    And, and the expansion after that will cause subs to drop so low that Wow will just have to go F2P, and and it will still be Ion's fault whether he's there or not.

/sarcasm off

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Could take some ideas from games like guild wars 2 where the world feels much more alive with random events and stuff.

Wow questing is boring as fuck and could use a revamp.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's just as well they ignore this stuff. It's not usable feedback. It's just vitriolic hateful garbage. But it makes for threads with lots of posts. So, well done.
    Constructive discussion would probably require pre-moderated posts in this environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Could take some ideas from games like guild wars 2 where the world feels much more alive with random events and stuff.

Wow questing is boring as fuck and could use a revamp.
    Nah man, it's all about mythic raiding and mythic plus now.

That's the issue with Ion.

This thread was read by 32.000 people. They read that "Ion Hazzikostas wrecked world of warcraft", which is quite enough to influence opinions to a small degree. No matter what is really debated in the thread. Most people just read the headline and the first postings.
    I also did read a lot of opposing opinions. It seems you equate reading a headline to reading a story, tabloid-like. Do you assume every reader of the MMO-Champion boards is incapable of more?

3+ Year Old Account
    To put all of the blame squarely on the shoulders of one dude is, I think, a bit nutty. Yes, he’s the Game Director, but he’s not the CEO, COO, CFO, President, and so forth and so on. Dude still has people above him that he has to answer to or they won’t sign his paychecks on Fridays. He’s the Game Director but he’s still part of a team of people, most of whom have differing opinions and visions for what the game could and should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhidana View Post
    Can we at least aggree on Ion being kind of an asshole?
    He does come across as a bit asshole-ish, I’ll give you that. But maybe he’s awesome IRL? It’s possible. I seem pretty awesome on the internet but I’m a massive asshole in person.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleloron View Post
    To put all of the blame squarely on the shoulders of one dude is, I think, a bit nutty. Yes, he’s the Game Director, but he’s not the CEO, COO, CFO, President, and so forth and so on. Dude still has people above him that he has to answer to or they won’t sign his paychecks on Fridays. He’s the Game Director but he’s still part of a team of people, most of whom have differing opinions and visions for what the game could and should be.

He does come across as a bit asshole-ish, I’ll give you that. But maybe he’s awesome IRL? It’s possible. I seem pretty awesome on the internet but I’m a massive asshole in person.
    I don't care about how he is IRL. I don't care about his personhood, his wellbeing, his family or anything about him. He could get terminal cancer and I wouldn't feel a thing. I care about the game and if the leading face of the game comes off as a total asshole who decides to keep some creep like Danuser and a total misogynist like Christie Golden employed, it hurts my engagement with the game.