Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they give Kathleen Kennedy the boot and put someone like Filoni in charge...or sell it back to Lucas.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

2019 - when 'bad writing' became the Deus Ex Machina of the critic.

These days the moment someone says 'bad writing' is an reason they don't like a show, I know I can safely ignore everything else they have to say.
    So a man controlling a puppet saying he created the bond between Rey and Kylo then a single movie and an extremely short time period later just realizing that they have a bond before you suck the juice out of them is good writing?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I had watched the first episode and while it seemed like a fine show the lack of stuff made me not care to watch more as the force is my main focus when it comes to my like of Starwars.
    The Force is a major focus of the show. The weakest parts of the show are early, watch the last two episodes of the second season. You miss some stuff but if you have a working brain you can keep up, and you get all the Force stuff you could want.

Need more of this;

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    The Force is a major focus of the show. The weakest parts of the show are early, watch the last two episodes of the second season. You miss some stuff but if you have a working brain you can keep up, and you get all the Force stuff you could want.
    can't say i have any interest in a show if i have to skip whole seasons to get to a part i like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    If they give Kathleen Kennedy the boot and put someone like Filoni in charge...or sell it back to Lucas.
    If you're gonna tie me down and tell me I need to pick between Kennedy and Lucas, I'm gonna lean towards Kennedy.

The prequels were worse than the modern trilogy, in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    can't say i have any interest in a show if i have to skip whole seasons to get to a part i like.
    /shrug, I think it's fine to watch through, and if you're not interested in going back from the beginning after those two, I'm not sure you qualify as a Star Wars fan =P

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Fanatism is precisely what is destroying most franchises these days. People love so much a franchise that they cannot like anything new added to it.

Disney is doing well enough. The trilogy were not masterpieces, but they were not bad movies. We could say the same about the prequels and even the original trilogy. Rogue One was great. Solo suffered the backlash of The Last Jedi, but I found it entertaining. Rebel was a great cartoon, in my opinion. Resistance is not over yet, so I reserve my judgement. Its main problem will probably be that it didn't last long enough to mature up with its auditory. The Mandalorian is a success that will drive Disney+ with it. The videogames, like Fallen Order, seem to work well. I can't tell much about the books and comics, but it looks good in that direction too. All Disney did was not perfect of course, but it's not the catastrophe some people make it to be.

If I were Disney, I would do something with The Old Republic setting. There is much material to exploit there. And what about another Solo or Lando movie? Show us more of the SW underworld: the Hutt Cartel, Black Sun, the Pyke Syndicate, bounty hunters and all that. I also would like a jump of 100, 1000 years in the future. Without any Empire or even a Republic.
    Well Rogue one last 30 minutes was great the rest was pretty terribad

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    He does? Damn. I must have missed that. Never thought that bump to his head warranted a force heal. To this day I cannot remember this actually being told as a force heal. Actually as I remember he just fell over scared and knocked his head on the ground.
    You really haven't watched the movie have you? Or trying to remember it from being a little kid?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    I dont know what movie you saw but he checks Luke out and then when he is not doing anything with Luke and is talking to R2 Luke wakes up.
    So what force healing are you talking about? To force heal you need to focus and he only had any bit of focus on Luke when he got to him for a few seconds and at that time he was still knocked out.
    Go watch the whole scene again.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Okay..then I guess you can explain to me why Obi Wan didn't heal Qui Gon after the lightsaber duel with Darth Maul? Or why Rey didn't heal Poe so he could do what he does best, being the awesomnest pilot and instead she had to fly?
    Did you even watch movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    You really haven't watched the movie have you? Or trying to remember it from being a little kid?

- - - Updated - - -

Go watch the whole scene again.....

- - - Updated - - -

Did you even watch movies?
    Dude that is a serious reimagining of the scene. He just checks on Luke, no one thought it was healing until they added that to the lore, and we have no reason to think it was the intention when it was filmed.

Only thing that can save SW is Vader movie in style of Rogue One. Nothing else. Let us see him hunting the last Jedi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Only thing that can save SW is Vader movie in style of Rogue One. Nothing else. Let us see him hunting the last Jedi.
    Tons of comics if you want to see that.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Tons of comics if you want to see that.
    I know but I want to see a movie. That's the whole point. Vader is the only thing that could bring back fans after disaster of the new trilogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're gonna tie me down and tell me I need to pick between Kennedy and Lucas, I'm gonna lean towards Kennedy.

The prequels were worse than the modern trilogy, in a lot of ways.
    No shocks are to be had that you'd say something like that...sorry but the prequels didn't cause a flop, didn't destroy toy sales.

The Disney Trilogy was a failure, the Prequel Trilogy weren't.

It can definitely succeed. I really enjoyed this latest movie. My wife and I had a good time watching it. Definitely am curious as to where they take the franchise and hope for the best!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    I know but I want to see a movie. That's the whole point. Vader is the only thing that could bring back fans after disaster of the new trilogy.
    A movie might be too much. Then again I think just turning the comics into a stylized animated series would be dope. Doesnt make much sense in my head because a series would be longer but...yeah.

Too much Vader on screen would make him a lot less menacing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    No shocks are to be had that you'd say something like that...sorry but the prequels didn't cause a flop, didn't destroy toy sales.

The Disney Trilogy was a failure, the Prequel Trilogy wasn't.
    Except this is simply untrue.

Lifetime adjusted gross revenue, to normalize for inflation; https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/...&ref_=bo_tt_ar

That's all top films, but the Star Wars films are on there.

Ep 1 - $806m
    Ep 2 - $477m
    Ep 3 - $529m

Ep 7 - $965m
    Ep 8 - $604m
    Ep 9 - $463m (but still in theaters and earning money)

In gross revenue, the new trilogy has performed better than the prequels, significantly so. none of these films was a "flop". They all made the studio money.

You're making shit up that does not have any basis in fact.

- - - Updated - - -

A movie might be too much. Then again I think just turning the comics into a stylized animated series would be dope. Doesnt make much sense in my head because a series would be longer but...yeah.

Too much Vader on screen would make him a lot less menacing.
    The lesson of the prequels; we don't need to know Vader's backstory. It just makes the character a little pathetic, and less scary. Delving into his pathos is not a step forward.

On the other hand, do a film from the perspective of those fleeing Jedi, trying to escape the Empire's reach, with Vader hot on their trail. Vader is simply the unstoppable horror that kills them off one by one. Maybe one escapes, in the end, maybe nobody does. It's more akin to a slasher horror film like the Friday the 13th series; this Jason has a lightsaber. It'd be interesting to see where the censors draw the line for a rating, since lightsabers don't draw blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    The movies were awful except for rogue one and after seeing mandalorian they can clearly do a decent job despite the cliche dialogue, it isn't anywhere near the cringe of new trilogy. As long as they don't ever make any more movies and use actual good directors and writers in tv series then yeah. There is clearly too much time crunch and people with 0 clue about the franchise when it comes to the movies. I think the SJW cancer movement influenced a lot of the bad too so you need unbiased unpolitical writers who just want to make a good star wars story on screen.

There is already so much star wars material that is literally written for them and just need to be put on the big screen but despite that they rather put out some horrendous 0 sense making stories LOL. Fuck disney.. but Jon Favreau is awesome. Keep him and they'll do alright.

Also as to the success of the franchise for disney, they would consider it success but most fans would not. There is a difference between success in the eyes of both parties. Ofc people are going to pay for it, to see if it';s good or not. Just like everyone who bought Diablo 3 but realized its the shittiest sequel ever, its still a 'success' to Blizzard but a failure to diablo fans.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2020-01-11 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Dude that is a serious reimagining of the scene. He just checks on Luke, no one thought it was healing until they added that to the lore, and we have no reason to think it was the intention when it was filmed.
    I mean, he didn't check his pulse.

He crouched over him, and palmed his forehead.

I always thought, even when I was a kid, that he was doing some magic shit to him.

Disney decided to dedicate an entire theme park to the IP. SW hasn't been a success?

Overall they've been successful despite (what do you call internet hipsters?) strong vocal minorities on the internet.
    They were committed to the theme park four years ago, you can't use its existence as a metric of success.

A large part of Star Wars revenue has always been merchandise and there's been a fairly steep decline in that over the course of this trilogy. They only produced two vehicles for the 3 3/4" toy line for this movie, X-Wings, and they don't even stock those in actual toy stores. In comparison The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi had tons of toys from hero vehicles to inconsequential shit like the speeders the police on Canto Bight used and vehicles that never ended up in the final cut of the films.