Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Just stop it, arright?

- - - Updated - - -

Or what?

He's allowed to share his opinion about Blizzard not justifying their actions because "he" doesn't like them, but I'm not allowed to tell him that the world doesn't revolve around his opinion and what he thinks they should do? Who are you? You're not my dad, shut the fuck up.

I see your opinion echos his own. Sorry snowflake, the world doesn't revolve around your opinion of how others should do things. Blizzard is one of the most successful game developers ever, they don't need to justify how they monetize their own game. Not to you, not to me, not to anyone but the people that run their company. And even then, only to a degree. So go cry somewhere else.
    Last edited by agentsi; 2020-01-11 at 02:34 AM.

It was a nice bit of customization content that worked well with Legion's other alt benefits but less so with BFA's only really encouraging you to have one alt per faction at most. I think we're pretty bloated on them ATM and it's good that they're shifting focus to more customization for existing races.

WISH LIST:
    -slint eye nightborne + removal of nightborne female chin plate on their heritage armor
    -leaves in hair for night elves
    -tattoos and scars for everybody! F me up, fam, I want to look like I've been in the ludicrous amount of wars we've fought in a couple of in-canon decades.
    -adjustments to mechagnome augments that make them look better in regular armor. Not sure what though.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-01-11 at 02:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Or what?

He's allowed to share his opinion about Blizzard not justifying their actions because "he" doesn't like them, but I'm not allowed to tell him that the world doesn't revolve around his opinion and what he thinks they should do? Who are you? You're not my dad, shut the fuck up.

I see your opinion echos his own. Sorry snowflake, the world doesn't revolve around your opinion of how others should do things. Blizzard is one of the most successful game developers ever, they don't need to justify how they monetize their own game. Not to you, not to me, not to anyone but the people that run their company. And even then, only to a degree. So go cry somewhere else.
    It must burn you up to know that I do not share his opinion. Do you wanna quit now, or keep embarrassing yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    This is the major issue with thinking it was for monetization reasons, I have not unlocked a single allied race. They are all tied to rep grinds. IMO they should sell them in the cash shop if they wanted to truly monetize it.
    That is a fair point, and thanks for being one of the first to actually think that it's not always all about money first.

Whiles some people in a company are focused on that (because it stheir job to make money out of it) that is never the heart of any creative project, and people do things out of love based desire to make it more enjoyable, nicer, better.

Because allied races were a huge fan demand since halfway classic ( I know because I was there), it took 14 years for the fan request to become a reality and may be a love work for the devs.

Now, the question then becomes was it a very profitable thing too. I can imagine this is what a produce or executive must also thing. What is its monetary value, and make a distinction on whether the development effort will pay s ignificant enough dividends.

Can we prove or show that it did definitely, well I can't, maybe some genius here can , but they don't have to , I enjoy response where people share their thoughts on whether they can or they cannot even if they don't prove it. However, there can be indications of how popular they are and a measure of the impact they've had.

People who comment that they only bought the expansion for them, or would have quit playing long time ago if not for them, or like them more than any other feature in BFA. Also realm pop sites that show the number of people with those characters are all indicators, which I'm fine with yo not being able to give definite stats even though the OP may ask for it. (who knows maybe someone has the data they can post).

There must be other ways too of giving indications one way of the other, and in the absence of actual figures, I accept and appreciate those indications

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It was a nice bit of customization content that worked well with Legion's other alt benefits but less so with BFA's only really encouraging you to have one alt per faction at most. I think we're pretty bloated on them ATM and it's good that they're shifting focus to more customization for existing races.

WISH LIST:
    -slint eye nightborne + removal of nightborne female chin plate on their heritage armor
    -leaves in hair for night elves
    -tattoos and scars for everybody! F me up, fam, I want to look like I've been in the ludicrous amount of wars we've fought in a couple of in-canon decades.
    -adjustments to mechagnome augments that make them look better in regular armor. Not sure what though.
    Add the arcane glowy hand tips for the nightborne, and more nightborne heritage armor options - those arcane armor on the guards can be so cool, your character even turns into one of them during the quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I think the idea of Allied Races was cool and it definitely was one of the better "features" of BFA. However, many of them seem very "cheap" to me and I lost interest in them for the most part.
    Until it brings one you like or from a race you like. But that was the whole thing about them, they are as diverse as the races they are based on, so to most people, most of the allied races would be meaningless and wastes, but they'd really love the one they like .

what is odd is to find someone who doesn't like ANY of the allied races, as longas you like at least 1, they've served their purpose, it's like getting a new race for you, because of that one. I don't think the goal is for us to like all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Why should they be the simple re-skins kind and why should the Alliance get yet another Horde model?
    Because then Horde would get another Alliance model? That's the point. Horde would get a cool, feral Worgen-like race (Saberon.)

Void Elves were definitely a success. At least on RP servers, they probably sold a lot of Faction Changes for them as well.

I've seen a few Nightborne about. Not a huge number, but they're here and there, especially on Mages. I don't doubt they probably made a few bucks from those same people swapping back eventually as well. Considering how ugly the models turned out this did surprise me some but I guess you can't beat Elven Fever.

90% of Draenei were Shaman but most non-Shaman Draenei I see are now Lightforged, which considering they're just Draenei+1 makes sense I suppose. How many were newly levelled and how many were race changed I couldn't really say.

I saw a non-inconsiderable amount of Dark Iron in the first few months. Not loads, but enough to be surprised at how many I did see.

Haven't seen as many Zandalari as I expected and the Horde didn't become a sea of Zandalari Paladins like you'd believe it would based on the forums. Most people remained as pretty elves, what an absolute shocker.
    Last edited by Bigby; 2020-01-11 at 06:04 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone always wanted them ever since Classic... I mean, everyone always wanted to be able to play with even more races. And here we go. It was a matter of time I guess.

The real question is who the hell makes a thread like this asking for information impossible to have and expects the community to do the work for them? If you want these questions answered, do the work yourself, or don't seeing as nobody would end up believing you anyway. That pretty makes this thread moot however. Still very odd.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang