Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
LastLast
  1. #321
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    29,884
    So there's a trailer after all. Can we stop this now? It's been the way of BfA that trailers land on launch day.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, I'm sure you're proud of your Reddit debating prose trophy.

    You write a lot of words, but there's just very little substance to them.
    I think the whole point is precisely that I didn't learn about how logic works from Reddit. Imagine a world where actually reading relevant literature to gain at least a workable understanding of a subject is more useful than throwing out terms like 'strawman' before doing one of your own like some sort of irony ouroboros.

    Honestly the whole substance thing would feel a lot more weighty if it weren't for the fact that it's what you're falling back to after trying to use the cool debate words and completely falling over yourself in the process. I'm not really sure how much substance you're after in response to what is effectively a slapstick attempt at reasoning.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2020-01-14 at 11:50 PM.

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    I think the whole point is precisely that I didn't learn about how logic works from Reddit. Imagine a world where actually reading relevant literature to gain at least a workable understanding of a subject is more useful than throwing out terms like 'strawman' before doing one of your own like some sort of irony ouroboros.

    Honestly the whole substance thing would feel a lot more weighty if it weren't for the fact that it's what you're falling back to after trying to use the cool debate words and completely falling over yourself in the process. I'm not really sure how much substance you're after in response to what is effectively a slapstick attempt at reasoning.
    I'm falling over myself trying to gleam the point to your posts in between all that fluff and filler. No reason for me to try and tackle a point that is essentially nonexistent, and I'm neither your old buddy from high school, nor your alcohol dad, so you don't need to try and impress me with your meaningless verbosity.

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm falling over myself trying to gleam the point to your posts in between all that fluff and filler. No reason for me to try and tackle a point that is essentially nonexistent, and I'm neither your old buddy from high school, nor your alcohol dad, so you don't need to try and impress me with your meaningless verbosity.
    'Alcohol dad'. Gonna cry myself to sleep now :'(

    You got me. I don't use words because they're just naturally in my head, I actually strain my brain real hard until all my veins pop and blood starts coming out of my ears because I want you to be impressed like alchopapi never was. Fuck.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2020-01-15 at 12:02 AM.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    'Alcohol dad'. Gonna cry myself to sleep now :'(

    You got me. I don't use words because they're just naturally in my head, I actually strain my brain real hard until all my veins pop and blood starts coming out of my ears. Fuck.
    Sorry. It was, frankly, a bit of a crude comment, but I figured I'd cut to the chase. If you've got nothing to add and I lack any interest whatsoever in engaging with someone who's just here to pass time and maybe flex his vocabulary, then it's probably better to mutually agree to stop replying to one another.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Sorry. It was, frankly, a bit of a crude comment, but I figured I'd cut to the chase. If you've got nothing to add and I lack any interest whatsoever in engaging with someone who's just here to pass time and maybe flex his vocabulary, then it's probably better to mutually agree to stop replying to one another.
    No worries, and I totally agree haha. I am legit going to sleep now. I'm sorry for totally wasting your time. Fully accept that I have absolutely no intention of adding anything remotely constructive to this discussion cos I really do think the topic is kinda cursed anyway. There's no flexing here still, like I'm a frustratingly long-form human being and the struggle is real.

    Have a good night!

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    No worries, and I totally agree haha. I am legit going to sleep now. I'm sorry for totally wasting your time. Fully accept that I have absolutely no intention of adding anything remotely constructive to this discussion cos I really do think the topic is kinda cursed anyway. There's no flexing here still, like I'm a frustratingly long-form human being and the struggle is real.

    Have a good night!
    The topic has run its course, yeah. There's no point to contributing to it now that a trailer has indeed been posted and it's not a thread for criticizing said contents either. (for anybody who might feel so inclined) So it's probably for the best to lock it or let it die out.

    Regardless-- likewise. Have a good night and sleep well, I suppose.

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    It's the same as all the rest though. Some intro telling the story that leads into clips of in game action with a voiceover. That's like... every single other patch trailer ever. The only special one was the one for the thunder king.
    Take a look at Shadows of Argus, The Tomb of Sargeras, or Fury of Hellfire to mention only few. Obviously, they have some ups and downs, but imo this one is one of the most disappointing. Even if you compare each trailer in terms of their length, this one is one of the shortest which speaks by itself.

  9. #329
    'Scuse me while I laugh after reading this thread.

    HAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHAH.


    You can hear that laugh in your favorite old god voice.

  10. #330
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I am more disappointed Blizzard actually decided to abandon a proper resolution for the faction war storyline to shoehorn in a sudden N'zoth final boss.
    Just because the running joke on the forums was that we would end with an Old God boss doesnt mean Blizzard should jump blindly into it without at least giving us a reason why the burning of Teldrassil and Siege of Lordaeron should naturally end with N'zoth rising.
    well maybe if you actually play 8.3 you will see the actual proper resolution for the faction war, as there is a questline for horde and alliance to end the faction war.

    and its pretty good, horde decides no warcheif, instead a council.
    alliance decides they will humor this peace treaty, but no one but anduin thinks it wil work for long.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Remember, you may not criticize something or you're a hater who should quit the game.
    --- snip ---

    Use a better pic mate.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-01-15 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

  12. #332
    well this thread, while only 4 days old, did not age well.

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It kind of did, as late an hour or half an hour before the patch went live, there was no sign of a trailer, which is out of the ordinary.
    it would be out of ordinary to postpone wow expansion too, yet there is a lot of people who are CERTAIN that it wont be up untill 2021

  14. #334
    This thread accurately paints the average mmo-c poster.

    - Complain that there is no trailer

    **Trailer pops up (there's actually 2)**

    - Complain that in the past it got uploaded before the patch day
    and/or
    - Complain that it sucks

    No matter what, keep on complaining. Don't even bother playing the game, just complain.
    Last edited by kranur; 2020-01-15 at 11:21 AM.

  15. #335
    Bloodsail Admiral czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,020
    Complain'o machine rollin n trollin

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    This thread accurately paints the average mmo-c poster.

    - Complain that there is no trailer

    **Trailer pops up (there's actually 2)**

    - Complain that in the past it got uploaded before the patch day
    and/or
    - Complain that it sucks

    No matter what, keep on complaining. Don't even bother playing the game, just complain.
    The first one isn't a complaint, it's a rationalisation and a comment about precedent to explain why people didn't have hope that a trailer would get posted after the patch went live.

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The first one isn't a complaint, it's a rationalisation and a comment about precedent to explain why people didn't have hope that a trailer would get posted after the patch went live.
    "theres no trailer for 8.3!" "bliz sucks they've obv given up on wow"

    Do try to remember what you were just posting about before they actually dropped the cinematic trailer.

  18. #338
    Hah, I love how even a cinematic can't make Stormwind look good.

    That place needs a major overhaul.. Look at the doors! Look at the trees!
    Attention all members of staff, corporate asks that in these trying pandemic times we stay safe and avoid spreading the virus, therefore please remain at your desks at all times, you ARE allowed to contact friends and family using company phones, but you must always maintain productivity. Leaving your desk will result in a written warning, and leaving the office will result in immediate termination.

  19. #339
    It doesn't, wtf are you on about?

  20. #340
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    32,291
    It has one of my now recent favorites of cutscenes, no complaints here.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •