Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm pretty sure no trailer will ruin your in game experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I wasn't gonna post but your Pushing Daisies gif made me smile even though it's not a fun thread topic.

I'm still holding out hope for a trailer. It does feel like they are cutting it close but it'll be pretty disappointing and strange if they don't release one for a major patch, especially an end patch =/
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Last time we had old style trailer was 7.1 or 6.2. Since then patch trailer = first cinematic of patch (KJ attacking Dalaran, Velen going to Argus, Darkshore Warfront, Nazjatar intro). If you played PTR, you know there is place for cinematic early on.

Why they haven't released it by now? Who knows, maybe it has too many spoilers, maybe they'll do it early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Can't blame them. Every single new trailer they post get's review bombed into oblivion instantly. So it looks like People don't want trailers.
    Oh, it's not the case anymore. I would split WoW videos in 3 parts:

- all story trailers, they always got positive reviews, even rather controversial SL cinematic has 80% upvotes

- all shop stuff (usually mounts) - they got review bombed (even charity ones, which tells you how little thought is involved into that)

- survival guides and similar videos - from these you can tell how community is feeling about WoW (more or less). They got review bombed in 8.0 and 8.1, had 50/50 in 8.1.5 and since them they'll mostly positive (~70% upvotes).

Of course I'm talking about votes, comments on yt all dreadful no matter if it's WoD, Legion or BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No. If there is really no trailer, it's more likely it's because 8.3 is phoned in and is just compulsory filler until the content that most of the work is going towards (Shadowlands) arrives.
    Sorry I still have to lean my "blizzard bad" phrases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Last time we had old style trailer was 7.1 or 6.2. Since then patch trailer = first cinematic of patch (KJ attacking Dalaran, Velen going to Argus, Darkshore Warfront, Nazjatar intro). If you played PTR, you know there is place for cinematic early on.

Why they haven't released it by now? Who knows, maybe it has too many spoilers, maybe they'll do it early next week.

Oh, it's not the case anymore. I would split WoW videos in 3 parts:

- all story trailers, they always got positive reviews, even rather controversial SL cinematic has 80% upvotes

- all shop stuff (usually mounts) - they got review bombed (even charity ones, which tells you how little thought is involved into that)

- survival guides and similar videos - from these you can tell how community is feeling about WoW (more or less). They got review bombed in 8.0 and 8.1, had 50/50 in 8.1.5 and since them they'll mostly positive (~70% upvotes).

Of course I'm talking about votes, comments on yt all dreadful no matter if it's WoD, Legion or BfA.
    I agree with you on the split.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Sorry I still have to lean my "blizzard bad" phrases.
    Okay, thanks for contributing.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    OP I think you left a word off the end of your topic title: "yet"

Also I don't remember 4.3 and 5.3 having a trailer.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Also I don't remember 4.3 and 5.3 having a trailer.
    4.3 had one, but it was meh. At least it had one, though.

5.3 wasn't really a content patch. It's more like 6.1, a minor patch, without raid, without anything other than a few scenarios and a few quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think this is likely due to 8.3's placement so close to the holidays - at least that's what I theorize. They may not have had time to produce a proper trailer for it and get it out the door in a reasonable timeframe, or they may release a trailer shortly before the content patch (like this weekend) but it would probably be slapdash and lower quality. Or they might figure the extended features trailer back in December to qualify and not bother, which would be somewhat sad but not really a dealbreaker, IMO.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It'll be quite sad not to have a trailer for the N'Zoth patch. We got one for Azshara. N'Zoth has been a thing since Cataclysm. He already didn't get to be the major villain in most of his expansion, due to Sylvanas. I'd have loved to at least get some tentacly and thundering Old God voiceover for a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think this is likely due to 8.3's placement so close to the holidays - at least that's what I theorize. They may not have had time to produce a proper trailer for it and get it out the door in a reasonable timeframe, or they may release a trailer shortly before the content patch (like this weekend) but it would probably be slapdash and lower quality. Or they might figure the extended features trailer back in December to qualify and not bother, which would be somewhat sad but not really a dealbreaker, IMO.
    Fairly sure they delayed 8.3's release in order to not have it coincide with the holidays, forcing raiders to play during them, though.

At this point it would be too little too late. The trailer should have been released this past week, ideally Tuesday, to get the player base hyped up and maybe even lure back some unsubbed players with a sweet looking trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No. If there is really no trailer, it's more likely it's because 8.3 is phoned in and is just compulsory filler until the content that most of the work is going towards (Shadowlands) arrives.
    Patch 6.1 had a trailer and was almost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Patch 6.1 had a trailer and was almost nothing.
    That's actually depressing.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    blizzard ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    After thousands of years of imprisonment the Old God N'zoth is free on Azeroth!! And when we say free he's actually in another realm or some shit so here are 3 zones his minions will invade every now and again and they'll also bring the raid entrance with them. Otherwise you'd never even know.

Oh and also there's two new allied races.

Have fun.
    This is just a cherry on cake of horrible writing of BfA.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's only one thing left to do.

Kill ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I like trailers for their cinematics.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's only one thing left to do.

Kill ourselves.
    Okay I'll chop your head off halfways, then you should still have the strength to chop my head off and then yours will probably fall off aswell. Let's go!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    It'll be quite sad not to have a trailer for the N'Zoth patch. We got one for Azshara. N'Zoth has been a thing since Cataclysm. He already didn't get to be the major villain in most of his expansion, due to Sylvanas. I'd have loved to at least get some tentacly and thundering Old God voiceover for a trailer.
    Can we accept N'zoth as villain handled the worst by Blizzard?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Okay I'll chop your head off halfways, then you should still have the strength to chop my head off and then yours will probably fall off aswell. Let's go!
    Let's build a huge guillotine for WoW players and then die together.