Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    6.2 trailer came out in the same week as 6.2.

7.2 trailer came out 5 days before.

7.3 came out on Patch release date.

So calm your horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    6.2 trailer came out in the same week as 6.2.

7.2 trailer came out 5 days before.

7.3 came out on Patch release date.

So calm your horses.
    Naive.
    7.3 cinematic, August 23
    7.3 release date August 29

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    What do you mean by "says who"?

You meant the people? There are a few in this thread already.
    "Says who" meaning Blizzard, or a representative of. Unless they've officially said there will be no trailer then it's just shxt-talking.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    "Says who" meaning Blizzard, or a representative of. Unless they've officially said there will be no trailer then it's just shxt-talking.
    I have no idea what is shxt-talking(?).

And this is just a thread about that we haven't seen the trailer patch yet and that it would be shame if we didn't get to see it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because it's a filler patch with leftover filler 'plot'.

But I expect they'll show one off on patch day. Probably the Alliance and Horde peace treaty one that was datamined.

It does feel a little like the artists and marketing people have abandoned BFA for Shadowlands and 8.3 is what you get when a bunch of system designers make a patch.
    Everything seems very under the radar and looks a bit copy pasted. Which is a shame for one of the coolest and hyped up places in the lore.
    Maybe that approach makes sense when most of your playerbase seems to only play for the first couple of month of an expansion anyways. Every dollar spend on 8.3 is a dollar less to create some shadowland hype.

But yeah, I also think it's a bit early to declare the trailer lost. It might still hit on patch day.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    It does feel a little like the artists and marketing people have abandoned BFA for Shadowlands and 8.3 is what you get when a bunch of system designers make a patch.
    Everything seems very under the radar and looks a bit copy pasted. Which is a shame for one of the coolest and hyped up places in the lore.
    Maybe that approach makes sense when most of your playerbase seems to only play for the first couple of month of an expansion anyways. Every dollar spend on 8.3 is a dollar less to create some shadowland hype.

But yeah, I also think it's a bit early to declare the trailer lost. It might still hit on patch day.
    Yes because 25 minutes of high end CGI + more ingame cinematics than ever before is 0 effort for this xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    There's no trailer for the expansion after Shadowlands, either. Pretty fucking lazy of Blizzard, I mean, Activision Blizzard, am I right?
    I'm sorry, is the expansion after Shadowlands on Tuesday?

Oh and a tiny edit, I wonder if the people in this thread will post here once the trailer is out and admit they're wrong, and that they've learned from it - or perhaps they'll never return again.
    Are you going to if there isn't a trailer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post

Yeah clearly the artists abandoned BFA, the guys who answer phones threw together this (absolutely gigantic) patch in a couple weeks and they got Bob in finance to do all the new art.

Hyperbole at its finest, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because it's a filler patch with leftover filler 'plot'.

But I expect they'll show one off on patch day. Probably the Alliance and Horde peace treaty one that was datamined.
    Do we really need a cinematic for that cringefest? The datamined dialogue was painful enough to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Yes because 25 minutes of high end CGI + more ingame cinematics than ever before is 0 effort for this xpac.
    My guess was that Blizzard is putting their energy into the front part of every expansion because thats where most of the money is. I didn't say anything about 0 effort for the entire xpac. If anything I would say that BFA probably had one of the biggest marketing/cinematic pushes to create hype of all the xpacs. It`s just 8.3 that seems to be somewhat abandoned by the art/marketing guys. Probably because they are preparing for the next big push when shadowlands comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yeah clearly the artists abandoned BFA, the guys who answer phones threw together this (absolutely gigantic) patch in a couple weeks and they got Bob in finance to do all the new art.

Hyperbole at its finest, folks.
    Dude, I litteraly wrote, who I think made most of the patch. No need hyperbole up my post to then complain about it being hyperbolic.
    Yes, It's a giant patch. It's also a patch I'm hoping to enjoy, because of all it's system improvements. But it has a lot less new art than you would expect from a content patch. And the media push for it (so far) has been pretty quiet. Whch, I think, is a shame, because I think it looks pretty cool.
    Last edited by owbu; 2020-01-11 at 10:19 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Do we really need a cinematic for that cringefest? The datamined dialogue was painful enough to read.
    Unfortunately yes. Hopefully Baine and Anduin will finally kiss and propose to one another.

Validating all the memes about them.

they announced key art 8.3?

Ofc there could still be a trailer, but it would be pretty late. Still, i hope there is one. Better late than never.
    If there isnt one, you can actually point out who is a mindless blizzard sheep right now, since only those would defend this. Even small patches got trailers in the past, and for such a (lore-wise) big and important patch to not get one is fckn hilarious, and shows how many fcks they give.
    I mean come on, people are seriously trying to defend the big ending patch of an addon possibly not getting a trailer? lmao
    Yeah, lets hope its just coming up late
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Even fucking 8.1 had it, very weird that 8.3 didn't. Maybe they just didn't have enough non spoilery cinematic footage to use for a trailer since there's only 2 cinematics in 8.3 one of which is the ending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Since it has dialogue to go with it, there won't be a cinematic for it. The only 2 cinematics in 8.3 that we know of are Wrathion/Anduin reunion and N'zoth ending.

Did they announce that there wouldn't be one? What a wasted opportunity to not do a trailer centered around a released Old God, so much potential to make it epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Even fucking 8.1 had it, very weird that 8.3 didn't. Maybe they just didn't have enough non spoilery cinematic footage to use for a trailer since there's only 2 cinematics in 8.3 one of which is the ending.

- - - Updated - - -

Since it has dialogue to go with it, there won't be a cinematic for it. The only 2 cinematics in 8.3 that we know of are Wrathion/Anduin reunion and N'zoth ending.
    Wrathion/Anduin reunion really needed a cinematic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because classic gets all the love. Kappa

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Trailer probably has some spoiler in it like 8.2, so they wait till tuesday. Good to see that the doomsday threads are goin strong tho.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-01-12 at 12:32 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..