Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm sure you can build an echo chamber to be safe and cozy in if you don't like people criticizing thing you like.

Other people are not responsible for upholding your fuzzy feelings and your buzz towards something and are not obligated to withold criticism they may have just because you feel it "kills your fun."
    Jesus christ dude lol. You're acting like we're talking about politics.

Calm down, and relax. I said I don't like the negative comments, doesn't mean you can't do it. You are as free as you've ever been.
    Last edited by Spacewalrus2010; 2020-01-12 at 01:52 PM.

It's funny actually. The patch and it's content / story is so boring and not worthwhile that I completely forgot about the cinematic, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Go look back at the dragon soul trailer to see Blizzard REALLY phone it in.
    We don't talk about Dragon Soul in these parts, pardner.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As of some patches ago, the trailers only come on launch day.

If there's no trailer next tuesday, complain and continue paying your monthly sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Witholding judgment until day before or day of patch. My gut tells me they'll release one, I mean why not?

N'Zoth was so pathetically mishandled by Blizzard that he didn't even get his own patch trailer.

Meanwhile Sylvanas got to star in three full CGI cinematic. THREE.

It's pretty obvious at this point that unless you are one of Golden's characters, you're going to get fuckall in terms of screen time or character development. People complained about Knaak's Rhonin but Golden's Sylvanas and Anduin are infinitely worse.

What about this video?

It doesn't have an ingame character telling us, what's going on, but aside from that, it's similar to the announcement trailers for other patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Jesus christ dude lol. You're acting like we're talking about politics.

Calm down, and relax. I said I don't like the negative comments, doesn't mean you can't do it. You are as free as you've ever been.
    I never said your implication is that I can't post anything. I'm saying that your whine over criticism existing on a forum that isn't only around to kiss Blizzard's ass is obnoxious.

And it seemed like it came from an angle of "Everyone who shits on something I like is a buzz kill."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Witholding judgment until day before or day of patch. My gut tells me they'll release one, I mean why not?
    I could see them not releasing one since 8.3 feels more like an obligatory patch where they phoned in most of it while the real work is being done on Shadowlands.

But I'll wait until release for my final opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    N'Zoth was so pathetically mishandled by Blizzard that he didn't even get his own patch trailer.

Meanwhile Sylvanas got to star in three full CGI cinematic. THREE.

It's pretty obvious at this point that unless you are one of Golden's characters, you're going to get fuckall in terms of screen time or character development. People complained about Knaak's Rhonin but Golden's Sylvanas and Anduin are infinitely worse.
    Mind you, Anduin and Wrathion are getting a cinematic/cutscene in 8.3, too.

Considering all the ingame cinematics of 8.2... which collectively took half an hour to watch.. pretty sure there will be ingame cinematics for 8.3 as BfA has had so many this far.

Tbh it's nice to have certain things kept a secret and resources used for the story and not marketing.

If you're not hyped to play then don't play. You're not a target audience and don't need to be.

I never said your implication is that I can't post anything. I'm saying that your whine over criticism existing on a forum that isn't only around to kiss Blizzard's ass is obnoxious.
    Oh I know you didn't say that. I was reassuring that you can. You seemed a bit riled up with all the buzzwords thrown around. It seemed unnecessarily hostile.

And it seemed like it came from an angle of "Everyone who shits on something I like is a buzz kill."
    I'll extend an olive branch. I think you misunderstood. I don't care about general negative comments. I care about the people who share nothing other than "WoW sucks." That's not criticism to me. Not criticism worthy of respect at the very least.

This thread is about a missing trailer. If I thought all criticism and/or negative comments were buzz kills, I would have complained about the thread topic itself.

Also, if you want to talk about implications, I never once implied I want an echo chamber or safe guarding for my "fuzzy feelings". I thought the comments were getting old. That's all.

Have a good rest of your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Oh I know you didn't say that. I was reassuring that you can. You seemed a bit riled up with all the buzzwords thrown around. It seemed unnecessarily hostile.

I'll extend an olive branch. I think you misunderstood. I don't care about general negative comments. I care about the people who share nothing other than "WoW sucks." That's not criticism to me. Not criticism worthy of respect at the very least.

This thread is about a missing trailer. If I thought all criticism and/or negative comments were buzz kills, I would have complained about the thread topic itself.

Also, if you want to talk about implications, I never once implied I want an echo chamber or safe guarding for my "fuzzy feelings". I thought the comments were getting old. That's all.

Have a good rest of your day.
    Fair enough, but there's an issue with the amount of people who are happy with WoW and perceive everything to be "WoW sucks," without looking into what it is about, if you get what I mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    If you're not hyped to play then don't play. You're not a target audience and don't need to be.
    This worked out well for other products (movies, tv shows, video games) that used the same logic.

Hello. We had no money left to create a trailer. Please watch this Mists of Pandaria Trailer instead!

Okay, thanks for contributing.
    Because anything you say is a contribution.

Plus 1 post count.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Because anything you say is a contribution.

Plus 1 post count.
    Sorry, I still have to learn my "blizzard best" phrases.

Mind you, Anduin and Wrathion are getting a cinematic/cutscene in 8.3, too.
    And there's absolutely nothing interesting about neither Anduin nor Wrathion other than the fact that they were created as a cheap yaoi bait. Meanwhile characters that we have been waiting for decades to get some screen time get sidelined in their own patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    And there's absolutely nothing interesting about neither Anduin nor Wrathion other than the fact that they were created as a cheap yaoi bait. Meanwhile characters that we have been waiting for decades to get some screen time get sidelined in their own patches.
    Can't beat the fujos, Wilfire. I've just learned to accept that.

There are two encrypted cutscenes datamined, one long and one really short. I'll laugh my ass off if the N'Zoth finale one is the shorter one of the two and the Anduin and Wrathion one is the long one.

Sorry, I still have to learn my "blizzard best" phrases.
    You had an opinion going in and made no effort to consider any other point of view. You cherry-picked things that supported it and dismissed or ignored anything that disagreed. You had no interest in a discussion.

Do you really expect people to not be assholes back to you? Say your piece and move on if you have nothing to add. Repeating the same tired lines is only going to piss people off. That's good for your post count, but it's bad for everything else. Thus, the statement about post count.

OT: If my cutscene had potential spoilers, I wouldn't release it into an environment where people make a concerted effort to ruin everything(which is just how the internet operates. It has nothing to do with video games or Blizzard.) until the last possible moment.

Because there's no story. They need something of substance in order to churn out a trailer.

In 8.3 there's simply no story. It's just we kill N'zoth in a raid that should've been its own expansion continent. What a slap in the face.

First patch I'll be skipping, ever.

Edit: Saw someone bring up the cinematics and cutscenes in other patches this expansion. That'd be a valid point if those cinematics and cutscenes weren't generic moustache twirling by Sylvanas and the good guys shaking their fucking fists.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2020-01-12 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    You had an opinion going in and made no effort to consider any other point of view. You cherry-picked things that supported it and dismissed or ignored anything that disagreed. You had no interest in a discussion.

Do you really expect people to not be assholes back to you? Say your piece and move on if you have nothing to add. Repeating the same tired lines is only going to piss people off. That's good for your post count, but it's bad for everything else. Thus, the statement about post count.

OT: If my cutscene had potential spoilers, I wouldn't release it into an environment where people make a concerted effort to ruin everything(which is just how the internet operates. It has nothing to do with video games or Blizzard.) until the last possible moment.
    Are you even lucid? I responded to somebody who had nothing to add other than "durr u just haet bluzzurd" and now you call my posts out for not contributing because I made fun of his empty-handed dismissal?

Just how thick is that fog of bias around your head?

Are you even lucid? I responded to somebody who had nothing to add other than "durr u just haet bluzzurd" and now you call my posts out for not contributing because I made fun of his empty-handed dismissal?

Just how thick is that fog of bias around your head?
    I posted based on all your posts in the thread. You came in with an opinion, took everything that supported it at face value and disputed or ignored anything that disagreed with it. You heard only what you wanted to hear. Now, you're attacking me for the simple idea I might disagree with your opinion. All I did was call you on it because it's the literal opposite of a contribution to the discussion.

Clearly I'm the one with my head clouded by bias here.