Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    I posted based on all your posts in the thread. You came in with an opinion, took everything that supported it at face value and disputed or ignored anything that disagreed with it. You heard only what you wanted to hear. Now, you're attacking me for the simple idea I might disagree with your opinion. All I did was call you on it because it's the literal opposite of a contribution to the discussion.

Clearly I'm the one with my head clouded by bias here.
    Man, you're a victim.

I have no idea if it's even worth trying to disentangle this, because you'll probably feel attacked over the slightest thing. I'll just remind you that your response was aimed at me not humoring somebody who dismissed my post as just blind Blizzard hatred and sarcastically mocking it for it not being a contribution to the thread's topic, and rather than actually impartially going "Yeah, just calling somebody a hater is not actually tackling anything in a discussion," you just went "Uhm, well, you're not contributing yourself, h-haha, got em!"

I mean, idk why people are upset by this, OP is clearly right. Almost every expansion has had a trailer or so hyping up a patch. Especially a final patch. For example: SoO, Shadows of Argus (That had a fuck ton of them), Ulduar, etc. Hell, even the Fury of Hellfire got one. And that was the shittiest major story patch in Warcraft history.

Just 1 day left to patch and still no trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Just 1 day left to patch and still no trailer.
    you'll live

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe trailer will just come out just with the patch ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope there is one. I get that they've already made many cinematics for this expansion and that it is kinda possible that they didn't have time to make one, but I think hyping up N'zoth for _many_ years and then not have a trailer is structurally weird.

Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    you'll live
    You know that we will live either if they just delete every WoW server with every WoW character also? That's not the point though.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Maybe trailer will just come out just with the patch ?
    I expect it tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Because 8.3 obviously isn't a phoned in patch that is just filling in the space between now and Shadowlands. It's a fully realized patch that tackles a boss in the making since Cataclysm in a respectable and satisfactory way, with two new custom ingame zones and a bunch of new armor transmog sets and tonnes of new mount models, no recolors.
    guaranteed LFR hero/WQ expert lmao

There's already been a bunch of cinematics and other media for this expansion, honestly didn't even notice this patch specifically doesn't have one. I do know that there's at least two in-game cinematics that are part of the 8.3 intro questline that are hidden on the PTR. Maybe they'll scratch the itch that people seem to have about cinematics? They literally could release something in the next 24 hours, who knows. I'd be more concerned if there wasn't a cinematic for the intro of an expansion, patches not so much.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Ayy, you guys found something to spin for more negativity! Good job guys, hopefully people will hate the game as much as you guys, and your dreams will be fulfilled!
    Ayy, because 8.3 potentially being the first major patch since, I dunno, The Gods of Zul'Aman back in 2007 totally requires a spin in order to be portrayed negatively. The game is perfect after all and dem vile haters that rejected the light of Blizzard kami-sama need to actively conjure things up in order not to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    There's no trailer for the expansion after Shadowlands, either. Pretty fucking lazy of Blizzard, I mean, Activision Blizzard, am I right?
    Blizzard must be proud of this false equivalence of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I'm not really sure if I should treat your post seriously or you're just using sarcasm?
    Close enough. The word you're looking for also starts with an "s".

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I'm sorry, is the expansion after Shadowlands on Tuesday?
    Are you telling me it's not?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Even fucking 8.1 had it, very weird that 8.3 didn't. Maybe they just didn't have enough non spoilery cinematic footage to use for a trailer since there's only 2 cinematics in 8.3 one of which is the ending.
    Since when do trailers have to reuse material from the in-game cinematics of a given patch for whether those cinematics are spoilery or numerous enough or not to matter? Most of trailers so far have been their own separate things, telling the story just before the patch starts while the in-game cinematics tell the events happening already during the patch. And even that aside, if the spoileriness of the in-game cinematics was somehow a key factor this time around for whatever reason, they could have always done something like 3.2 and just showed in-game raid footage with some narration.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    N'Zoth was so pathetically mishandled by Blizzard that he didn't even get his own patch trailer.

Meanwhile Sylvanas got to star in three full CGI cinematic. THREE.

It's pretty obvious at this point that unless you are one of Golden's characters, you're going to get fuckall in terms of screen time or character development. People complained about Knaak's Rhonin but Golden's Sylvanas and Anduin are infinitely worse.
    In what universe is Sylvanas Golden's character? Golden's portrayal of Sylvanas was so blatantly half-assed Shadowlands outright retconned Sylvanas' own internal monologues from Golden's books and Shadowlands isn't even in Alpha yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Hate this game or not, this Paladin's gonna start slaying some mother fuckers once 8.3 goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Even blizz gave up on wow
    Shhhhh.. you'll upset the fans.

As the wise sage Mahatmalikani Athokuthrapalinanties Mastenirithra said: Truths no one wants to hear area always branded as lies and their speakers hated and villified.. you have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    In what universe is Sylvanas Golden's character? Golden's portrayal of Sylvanas was so blatantly half-assed Shadowlands outright retconned Sylvanas' own internal monologues from Golden's books and Shadowlands isn't even in Alpha yet.
    Golden's Sylvanas is a completely different character to pre-Golden Sylvanas. It's better to just pretend that Golden kidnapped the real Sylvanas around the time of War Crimes and replaced her with an edgy self-insert.

Starting to get worried about this... No trailer at all? I ain't seeing any marketing push for this patch either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    guaranteed LFR hero/WQ expert lmao
    Nice non-argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I mean, idk why people are upset by this, OP is clearly right. Almost every expansion has had a trailer or so hyping up a patch. Especially a final patch. For example: SoO, Shadows of Argus (That had a fuck ton of them), Ulduar, etc. Hell, even the Fury of Hellfire got one. And that was the shittiest major story patch in Warcraft history.
    Because you are not allowed to criticize a patch before it's out because humans are dumb.

Like with full video games, it takes some months for the average person to realize the flaws of a patch after which it becomes widely reviled thereafter and the majority opinion on that patch shifts polarities.

If you do it before the patch releases, though, just because you're aware of what the patch does and doesn't offer and realize how well it'll age before it reaches live servers, you'll just be called a cynical "buzz-kill" Blizzard hater.

You know it's is a shit expansion when the last tier doesn't even have a trailer.

Sunwell - Trailer
    Icc - Trailer
    Dragon Soul - Trailer
    SoO - Trailer
    EVEN fucking HFC - Trailer
    Argus - Trailer
    Z'zoth - ???
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

I mean they might still deliver one. I remember Dragon Soul's being last minute, as well, though it was half-assed and probably the worst patch trailer they've ever delivered.

Hell, Dragon Soul's trailer was so bad, they either removed it or didn't even add it to the main world of warcraft channel, while all prior ones are in there.
    Last edited by Nize; 2020-01-14 at 02:21 AM.

"One of the things we’ve tried to set up with N’Zoth from the trailer for Visions of N’Zoth"

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Why? Every big patch had it since like... TBC(?).

Some were superb, some were weak(DS) but we got them.

Why we don't have any Visions of N'Zoth trailer? They were one of the things that made people hyped for the new content.
    8.3 is a fully realized major content patch with heaps of fresh new content in it!

• Re-used zones from 2-3 expansions ago with re-used fill the bar invasions WQs!
    • A repeatable withered/chromie scenario with re-used assets!
    • A raid!

Heaps I tells ya! Heaps!

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    8.3 is a fully realized major content patch with heaps of fresh new content in it!

• Re-used zones from 2-3 expansions ago with re-used fill the bar invasions WQs!
    • A repeatable withered/chromie scenario with re-used assets!
    • A raid!

Heaps I tells ya! Heaps!
    This post seems familiar.